Toro Rosso 0 0%
Super Aguri 0 0%
Williams 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2008, 13:03   #3421
Team-BHP Support

Enough of calling drivers dubious names - whether from McLaren or Ferrari or any other team. These dubious names will be treated as slang and necessary action will be taken against the concerned members.
Old 16th October 2008, 13:24   #3422
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
If he is still very young, he should have continued with Go Karting!
And how much more experience he needs to learn? He drove almost 2 full seasons & still drives/behaves like a kid!
Where is it written that if you're young then you have to stick to karting ?
Lets appreciate the talents these drivers have and what they have achieved at such a young age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
So were you saying all that yesterday just because Zak was saying it? Or do you have a very short memory?
I dont say anything just because somebody said so, I say what i feel like saying my friend. Well my reply to this is same as what i have told jraj earlier. About my memory, well yes it is not as good as it used to be.

Quote:
He lost control & hit Sutil.
Why drive more than what you can control ?

Quote:
Hey, no offense mate but try & acknowledge your mistake instead of trying to cover it up.

For example, I have no issues about anyone calling MS names....I could continue to call Hamilton all kinds of food but Speedzak made a request so I'm following it.

Considering that you were so vocal in your support of what he said, please try following your own advice. Before a war starts here, off the racing track.

Just my two cents here.
Well no offence taken here my friend. And TRUST me when i say this, it wasnt a mistake but i did that deliberately just to voice my concern and have also told why i did that. i was actually supposed to put it in bold but somehow forgot to as i was typing too many replies. Believe me i am man enough to acknowledge my mistakes and apologise if i commit any.
If you look at my previous posts i have not called any of these drivers names earlier either ( earlier to this ). Infact have appreciated what MS has done even though i dont like him.

PEACE

Last edited by Jay : 16th October 2008 at 13:25.
Old 16th October 2008, 13:31   #3423
BANNED

Guys! Can't we talk about the loss of French GP? Or for that matter, your thoughts about bringing back a permanent steward?

I think they should. Yes, bring back the permanent steward. That will create less confusion amongst the drivers as well as teams and spectators. Almost a week after the Japanese GP, we're still confused. Who was correct and who wasn't! Ain't it? If there was a permanent steward, this situation wouldn't have risen up. I think so. And so does some person called Heidfeld.

Read more of it here: autosport.com - F1 News: Heidfeld wants permanent steward return
Old 16th October 2008, 13:42   #3424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Times are different dude. Just stating facts dont do justice.
What do you mean? How do you follow a sport without facts and stats.

Quote:
So you mean to say its ok to crash at 300kmph on a damp track is it ? I'm not saying LH was right but am saying he's not the only who has made such mistakes.
I never said that I am ok with the crash/mistake. I am trying to highlight the circumstances in which the mistakes happened! To lose one's focus at 300KMPH is possible but at 30KMPH, its simply a sleeping/careless attitude!
Old 16th October 2008, 13:50   #3425
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Guys! Can't we talk about the loss of French GP? Or for that matter, your thoughts about bringing back a permanent steward?
I guess we should.
By the way when and where is the next race ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
I never said that I am ok with the crash/mistake. I am trying to highlight the circumstances in which the mistakes happened! To lose one's focus at 300KMPH is possible but at 30KMPH, its simply a sleeping/careless attitude!
I completely agree with you here my fiend, but what i was trying to say is that mistakes have happened with both parties and on different occasions.
Old 16th October 2008, 14:42   #3426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Anyway, it seems the drivers are going to quesyion Lewis about his driving style at Shanghai. Let's see what that throws up.
couldnt agree more to the two words in the end "throws up"

though i like hamiltons driving style, but i guess when he speaks he is sometimes (ok, many a times) he does what you have said - throws up.

doesnt matter what drivers talk, in the end its going to be about who won the Championship, and if hamilton can do it, up to him. To challange him is upto Massa and Kubica, and that also on a race track, not in meeting of drivers or press interviews.
Old 16th October 2008, 15:10   #3427
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Where is it written that if you're young then you have to stick to karting ?
Lets appreciate the talents these drivers have and what they have achieved at such a young age.
I didn't say if you are young, stick to Karting!
It was in reply to your statement that 'He is still young!'.

And I do appreciate folks who achieve grand success at their young age!

But certainly, I don't consider someone who courted more controversies than any real achievement!
Old 16th October 2008, 15:24   #3428
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
I didn't say if you are young, stick to Karting!
It was in reply to your statement that 'He is still young!'.
Quote:
If he is still very young, he should have continued with Go Karting!
He excelled in karting hence he's here, and he's here at a very young age ( comparing with mine , not that i'm very old ). Obviously you cant expect him to drive with the maturity other more experienced drivers do. He'll learn and mature through experience. That is what i meant.
Old 16th October 2008, 15:31   #3429
Senior - BHPian

When you are driving at the highest professional level of Formula 1, there ought to be some iota of maturity!
Old 16th October 2008, 15:38   #3430
Senior - BHPian

Guys, the whole unlapping thing has another motive too. If the drivers in front of him were handed out time penalties, he wouldn't be able to move up the rankings because he was a lap down. A driver has to be on the lead lap to profit from others in front being handed out time penalties. And while his moves at the start might be suspect, the unlapping himself thing is fine in my opinion. After all, don't we respect drivers who keep pushing until the last corner of the last lap, someone like an Alonso or a Raikkonen? Why have double standards for drivers?
Old 16th October 2008, 15:59   #3431
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
When you are driving at the highest professional level of Formula 1, there ought to be some iota of maturity!
Yes. I totally agree with you. I wanted Lewis to be more mature. If he was, he could have won last year and even wrapped up this year. But, it kinda dosen't matter what you and I think. It's up to the organisers (FIA and others) to decide if any level of maturity is required to step into F1. Obviously they don't agree with us. Moreover, mature or not, this guy is leading the championship which says a lot. So, let's just leave it at that.
Old 16th October 2008, 17:58   #3432
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
You mean to say other more experienced drivers including MS who is one of the most experienced drivers havent made mistakes or havent driven like they shouldnt have is it ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
But, it kinda dosen't matter what you and I think. It's up to the organisers (FIA and others) to decide if any level of maturity is required to step into F1. Obviously they don't agree with us.
, no matter how much we arugue or justify here, it makes no difference to the drivers or the teams.
Old 16th October 2008, 18:28   #3433
BANNED

Quote:
than any real achievement!
Reaching 2nd place in his first year of F1 outing wasn't good enough? He missed the championship by a whisker!

Btw, what do junta here say about bringing the permanent steward back?
Old 16th October 2008, 18:38   #3434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Reaching 2nd place in his first year of F1 outing wasn't good enough? He missed the championship by a whisker!Btw, what do junta here say about bringing the permanent steward back?
Remember Jacques Villeneuve?Even he missed WDC on his debut season by a whisker.He won it on his second.Does that make him a great?
Just wanted to reiterate the comments I posted sometime back.Only time will tell how great LH is,if at all he is one.

Last edited by jraj : 16th October 2008 at 18:40. Reason: more info
Old 16th October 2008, 18:53   #3435
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jraj View Post
Remember Jacques Villeneuve?Even he missed WDC on his debut season by a whisker.He won it on his second.Does that make him a great?
Just wanted to reiterate the comments I posted sometime back.Only time will tell how great LH is,if at all he is one.
No one is telling LH is great my friend, he cannot be considered great with just one season under his belt but at the same time one cannot deny the fact that he is good.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks