Williams 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2008, 22:35   #3361
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
Today,IMO, Ferrari needs a God of a driver and both Massa and Kimi don't stand a chance to what Schumi used to be. Kimi has dropped from a champion to #4.Massa is struggling.
------
Think about it, Alonso was the guy who made Schumi in a Ferrari retire. In a red car, he would be running circles around the grid on a good day!
It would just be a tifosi's dream come true.
Word. Even though I'm a huge Raikkonen fan, and when talks of his retirement were on and about, I was happy in a way because I'd get to see Alonso in a Ferrari. If Ferrari can have an in-form car when/if Alonso drives for them, there'll be no beating the man.
Old 14th October 2008, 22:59   #3362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Well, apart from a couple of Indian ones, English is the only language I speak and understand. So I guess, I have to go by what the British press says. We talk about Hammy being a loud mouth - I agree. Who knows what the others are saying in their respective languages? For all we know each may have said that he is the greatest of all time or worse things.
Blindly going by british media just because English is the only foreign language you know?!! Then there are more questions you should ask yourself about the integrity of the news mags you read from!

Nothing to offend you, but British press is supposed to be one of the dirtiest when it comes to the Media world IMHO! There are more magazines which offer a balanced view of things!

I would like to quote James Allen from ITV here! I have experienced the pain of watching F1 live on ITV aka RamiltonTV when I was there in the British land. Trust me, this guy is so pathetic that there is a huge petition to ban this guy from his roles with ITV as a F1 commentator!

Probably a search on youtube would give you a feel of James Allen!
Old 15th October 2008, 00:03   #3363
Team-BHP Support

First of all, I don't care what you call the Brits or the Italians or the Germans or the French. I'm not one of them. I'm Indian. Though I'm a McLaren fan, I'm not biased towards anything British. The very engine in a McLaren is from a German company.
Secondly, I don't follow anyone blindly. Many of the links that have been posted here since 2004 when Team-BHP went online, whether posted by myself or others seem to be from this same website (British Media as you call it), and everyone has been reading them. You have a problem with that, fair enough, go ahead post links that you would like me to read. I'll gladly read them.
As far as sports goes, the Aussie media is as bad as the Brits. About the others, I don't know.
Third, since Murray Walker retired, I've not taken any commentator seriously. I'm really not bothered.
Old 15th October 2008, 00:09   #3364
Senior - BHPian

Lewis answer when asked this question:

What do you say to people who accuse you of being over-confident or arrogant?

“I would never say I was better than anyone else. But I am a Formula 1 driver and all of us have to believe in ourselves to get to where we are. You have to have that belief to go out and win: and that’s what helps you strive for better performance and to achieve more in your life. I look at the other drivers and I want to beat them. I would never say, ‘I’m better than you,’ I just think that all these guys are the best and to be the best I have to beat them. That’s how every racing driver sees things.”
Lewis Hamilton.
Old 15th October 2008, 04:08   #3365
BHPian

Giving a drive through penalty to Massa for causing Lewis to spin is a joke. He should have been stripped of the points he got at Fuji. You have to ask why Massa did not try to avoid a collision after he put his car off the track.

Hamilton has been driving with all odds againts him. If he wins this years championship ( Probably will).. He is one guy who FIA literally penalised for everything he did on track and inspite of that he won.
Old 15th October 2008, 05:24   #3366
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamdiesel View Post
He should have been stripped of the points he got at Fuji.
Sorry, for that you've got to be driving a silver car. Not red.

Nice to see that there're people who understand that Hamilton is just another driver and not a devil who is out on prowl (just because he drives aggressive in a silver car).

Last edited by speedzak : 15th October 2008 at 05:25.
Old 15th October 2008, 07:34   #3367
Senior - BHPian

If Hammy was just another driver, he wouldn't be so notorious across all Auto forums / sites / mags etc!

Only aggression won't make anyone Genius, it is a mix of Aggression, Maturity and Respect for fellow-drivers!
And that was Schumi known for!
Old 15th October 2008, 07:59   #3368
BANNED

This same Mr. Schumacher was also notorious for putting fellow drivers into risks and bullying them.
He was known to be a notorious thingy in the beginning.
98 season is so easily forgotten? And that is not just the first and final one by him.

Cheapest was in Monaco where he parked his car in the track to deny Alonso the pole. Befitting for the great racing personality he was!!??

Every driver has to be a bit aggressive to reach some heights in racing. "He cannot be aggressive because he is not a Ferrari driver" attitude shown by many (including FIA these days) is plain ego and zero minded thought. How else can one justify Massa not being penalized for hitting Bourdaise and the latter bearing it?

Last edited by speedzak : 15th October 2008 at 08:10. Reason: Some sparks. ;)
Old 15th October 2008, 09:38   #3369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
This same Mr. Schumacher was also notorious for putting fellow drivers into risks and bullying them.
98 season is so easily forgotten? And that is not just the first and final one by him.

Cheapest was in Monaco where he parked his car in the track to deny Alonso the pole. Befitting for the great racing personality he was!!??
Ohhh and that last ditch attempt to take out Villeneuve in 97' and against hill in 94' and ohh the list goes on and on. But your right zak-attack most seem to have forgotten all this.
Old 15th October 2008, 10:00   #3370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Are you talking about the dirty incident where DC caused Schumi to crash while Schumi was flying on the track in the rain! I accept that was a dirty thing played by Ron & Co!

Schumi has done lot of controversial moves and have been equally punished for that. Infact the incident between Schumi & Villeneuve where Schumi was DSQed. There is a balance as he was punished for all his things on track! Nobody cried about the FIA being biased towards the Red team and all stuff!

Now when its your wonder kid who is playing dirty and being equally punished by the FIA, its sad to see that you folks cant live with it!

Quote:
Every driver has to be a bit aggressive to reach some heights in racing. "He cannot be aggressive because he is not a Ferrari driver" attitude shown by many (including FIA these days) is plain ego and zero minded thought. How else can one justify Massa not being penalized for hitting Bourdaise and the latter bearing it?
There is a thin line between being aggressive & arrogance. Thats the difference between Schumi & Ramilton! Schumi was never taken on in a drivers breifing by the whole grid for his driving! Schumi was always loved by the grid for his driving except for Ron & Co who kept losing for over a decade in F1 & still fighting for something!

Massa & Bourdais incident:
I repeat the FIA/Stewards see more evidence than what YOU, ME or the MEDIA could see! The punishment was harsh, but when you dont have the evidence to support your statement that it was biased its always better to get over it!

Take a look at this one which was released by the FOM!

The Official Formula 1 Website

I am surprised that FOM has released these clips!

Last edited by anachronix : 15th October 2008 at 10:17. Reason: Link added
Old 15th October 2008, 10:03   #3371
Senior - BHPian

Dont know if this is true.

F1SA - Motor Sport News - F1 : Formula 1 fans burn Lewis Hamilton merchandise in BBQ frenzy
Old 15th October 2008, 10:16   #3372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
And back in 2002 I wore a Ferrari T and Hat and sat amidst a bunch of loud Finns who had travelled all the way to Sepang only to shout "Miiiiiiiiiikkka Hakiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinen!"
They travel everywhere I guess, even now. For them, its their fellow countrymen (good sentiments in a way). This time, in Singapore, there were a bunch of them supporting Heiki & Kimi, LOL.

And in the middle of that pack was a cute female who was rooting for Massa, wearing Bralizian colors. Nice camaraderie I thought -
The official F1 grand prix discussion & prediction thread. Post all predictions here.-picture-096.jpg
The official F1 grand prix discussion & prediction thread. Post all predictions here.-picture-098.jpg

Sorry gentlemen, no pics of the Brazilian lady
Old 15th October 2008, 10:34   #3373
BHPian

Hi guys...

A bit OT but, I thought Chandok's commentary was refreshing - he was really into the race, not laid back like Yoong from whom Slater had to draw out comments (you could say the same about Bailey). Karan's drivers-eye insights were very nice to hear * I like * I like *

P.S. - Goodwin was good too, but biased a tad towards McLaren (is he commenting for GP2 now ?)

Last edited by im_srini : 15th October 2008 at 10:43.
Old 15th October 2008, 10:43   #3374
BANNED

Kya Suman bhai?

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Sorry gentlemen, no pics of the Brazilian lady
Unfair! Unfair!
This is like a tuner explaining all the benefits of his header designs and finally declaring: NO! I won't make one for you.

The patriotism shown by Finns are very much commendable. They always used to support drivers from their part of the world. When Mika took off from Mclaren, they were very sad but soon became happy when that seat was filled by Kimi.
Old 15th October 2008, 11:30   #3375
BANNED

Now, another plan in the making.
They want to take away refuelling from F1.
autosport.com - F1 News: FOTA to consider refuelling ban

Where exactly is F1 headed to?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks