Williams 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2008, 01:42   #3241
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Vettel is in the "Junior Ferrari" team. Only in Ron's wildest dreams will Vettel join Mclaren. Moreover Mclaren have a great numero uno driver. They don't need Vettel.

Thats true but they need a better No2. Man i wish they could settle their differences and Alonso back in Mclaren. Thats a dream team. But alas.
Old 7th October 2008, 01:49   #3242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujaylahiri View Post
I disagree with all the above posts claiming that Kovaleinen's playing second fiddle to Hamilton this year.

If you look at both their qualifying performances, Heikki is way off Hamilton's pace, despite having the exactly same car as him (with slightly different setups maybe).

And it's not the case with just a few races, it's been the same thing for the whole season so far. And even comparing fastest laps in the race, Heikki is way off pace compared to Hamilton, Massa, Kimi and even Kubica in some races.

And we can safely assume that he has the best car in the field right now, with Ferrari facing reliability problems and BMW a few tenths slower than the McLaren.

If I were Ron Dennis, I would give him one more season to prove himself and then look elsewhere, probably towards Vettel.
It could be a case of not being comfortable with the car setup yet. Hamilton has been with the team for one year already, and got a head-start by looking at Alonso's setups last year. And while Alonso's "I brought down .6 of a second with my setups" claim while at McLaren might not be extremely accurate, he does know how to wring the last drop of performance out of any car he's driving.

Coulthard was at McLaren for a lot of years, and barring one or two years where he was remotely in contention for the championship, he was never beating the #1 regularly, whether it was Raikkonen (who had a horrible time with McLaren's reliability) or Hakkinen. Even though Ron Dennis tries to show himself as a very fair man, at the end of the day, it's cheaper and easier for him to focus most of his money and energy behind one driver instead of two. Kovalainen can stick at McLaren for the next few years, provided that he acts as a #2 to Hamilton without any problems.

As for Vettel going to McLaren, fat chance. He's probably heading to Ferrari after Raikkonen retires in 2010. Another sight that's going to be
Old 7th October 2008, 02:53   #3243
BHPian

Quote:
Vettel is in the "Junior Ferrari" team. Only in Ron's wildest dreams will Vettel join Mclaren. Moreover Mclaren have a great numero uno driver. They don't need Vettel.
Red Bull actually got Vettel on loan from BMW, where he was part of their junior driver programme (or something like that).

But if BMW wants him back, they get preference over any other team, as that was part of his contract.

But as this is Formula One, any kind of contract could be overruled by paying money.

Since BMW look set with Kubica and Heidfeld (The Official Formula 1 Website), Vettel's best hope is to join a team like McLaren, since his talent will go waste playing second fiddle to the number one driver in a team like Ferrari.

Also joining Renault, Williams or even Toyota doesn't make sense as they might be only slightly better than the Red Bull teams in the near future.

Last edited by sujaylahiri : 7th October 2008 at 02:54.
Old 7th October 2008, 06:05   #3244
BANNED

So? Let's predict if Vettel will be the next driver in Mclaren or not. What say?
I say he stands for a 70% chance if he manages to pull some good points next year.
Old 7th October 2008, 09:02   #3245
BHPian

Quote:
Vettel's best hope is to join a team like McLaren, since his talent will go waste playing second fiddle to the number one driver in a team like Ferrari.
Huh....Even Mclaren already has a No1 driver.Vettel can take it easy.He has age on his side.In 2 years from now,he will be in a better car
Old 7th October 2008, 09:23   #3246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Vettel's best hope is to join a team like McLaren, since his talent will go waste playing second fiddle to the number one driver in a team like Ferrari.
Good joke!

I would predict him going back to BMW in 2010!

Note from Moderator : Post edited. Please avoid making unnecessary, provocative and inflammatory remarks.

Last edited by Aditya : 7th October 2008 at 09:35.
Old 7th October 2008, 10:46   #3247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
You've got it all wrong! IT IS.

Everybody has their own ways. Do you like Christiano Ronaldo, for a change?

Guys, we can carry on debating forever. The end note is that Mclaren is a CHEATING team filled with LIARS and LOUDMOUTHS while Ferrari is all glorious priests. Sorry, I can't get this theory/fact into my brains no matter how hard I try. I'm sure there'll be many more like me. :
dont blame the whole Mclaren setup - to correct your above statement - Mclaren is a team that failed to cheat smartly, and has a blabbering loudmouth as their brilliant driver right now.
but no point debating this with anyone who is 'silver' fan.

Zak, I didnt get it wrong, just that you are thinking from only one prespective!
Between balck and white is something called Grey, and between red and silver are many team neutral F1 followers who still dont like Hami boy , but reasoning with a Hami fan will be like

if christiano ronaldo(the diving,but still genius for me) is your version of footballing glory, there are names like Riquelme (if you follow the league in Argentina) and a so called Dennis Bergkamp, whom I rate better off than most(including CR) and yet so silent, or for that matter Maldini or Zanetti or Buffon.

now that I ahve already posted, on second thoughts:
ISNT IT A F1 PREDICTION THREAD?

Last edited by METISWHG : 7th October 2008 at 10:53.
Old 8th October 2008, 03:36   #3248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Since BMW look set with Kubica and Heidfeld (The Official Formula 1 Website), Vettel's best hope is to join a team like McLaren, since his talent will go waste playing second fiddle to the number one driver in a team like Ferrari.
There is no way Vettel is going to end up in McLaren as long as Hamilton is there. McLaren have a clear cut No.1 in Hamilton, whereas Ferrari don't.
Just wait and watch. He will be either in Ferrari or BMW in 2011.
Old 8th October 2008, 06:24   #3249
BHPian

Just checked the 2009 revised calender issued by the FIA, and there is no race in North America for the next season.

That really sucks for people like me, since I was looking forward to visiting Montreal or Indianapolis next season.

The Official Formula 1 Website

Wonder when they'll get Indy back. I've always been a big fan of the circuit, along with the one in Montreal.

This summer, I actually got to drive 3 laps in our rental car on the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in Montreal, where the F1 race is held. It sure was an exhilarating experience, hitting the curbs on the chicanes.

Unfortunately they had imposed a speed limit of 30 kph, and had speed cameras on top of it.
Old 8th October 2008, 12:04   #3250
Senior - BHPian

There's an Abhu Dhabi circuit in the 2009 Season.
Old 8th October 2008, 12:10   #3251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There's an Abhu Dhabi circuit in the 2009 Season.
Yes, and the Yas Island circuit is getting ready pretty fast. At least one TBHPian is involved in some way in the work on-site and hopefully we will get some tickets for next year's race.

We'll be there anyway - free tickets or not.
Old 8th October 2008, 12:23   #3252
Senior - BHPian

2009 Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Home
Old 8th October 2008, 19:35   #3253
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
At least one TBHPian is involved in some way in the work on-site and hopefully we will get some tickets for next year's race.
The contract is yet to be signed/approved.

The speed of work is amazing! And the quality is simply the best. All the metal used is scanned with laser equipments for any unwanted curves and to achieve pinpoint precision in size.
There's a Ferrari village coming up in the island which is claimed to be the biggest/best in the world.
The lighting is also claimed to be very unique with all the latest technologies utilised which will make the whole island and the track look out of this world. Guys! This will be a rocking event.
Old 8th October 2008, 19:37   #3254
Senior - BHPian

That Ferrari Theme park looks promising, dual roller coaster for racing with a friend, track for buggies etc. etc.! Should be fun!!
Old 8th October 2008, 20:21   #3255
Team-BHP Support

All this coming up, long term contracts being signed, etc. and Mad Max has doubts whether the F1 series will continue beyond 2009.
F1Live
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks