Williams 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2007, 16:11   #1651
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingForIndia View Post
It amuses me to see so many McLaren supporters springing up from no where. When the team is doing bad no one wants to stand by it and when it is on a roll, everyone one seems to be a Macaa fan.

You find a lot of Mclaren fans around apart from the Ferrari ones. Till about a year ago I used to watch F1 only big screen along with other F1 fans. There even Williams had supporters but only till BMW was with them.

Mclaren fans aside most of them I saw were Schumi haters and anti Ferrari more than fans of any other team. They would cheer for anyone who overtook a Ferrari not a particular driver as such.

Yes I am a Ferrari fan but not a hardcore hater of other teams as we find Ferrari and Schumi haters all over. No offence to anyone, these are just my observations from these many years I've been watching F1 in public places.

There were many Renault fans too till last year but somehow cant see any this season. This too has to do with the point RacingforIndia mentioned.

When someone deserves to win he deserves to win like Alonso yesterday.And I really like Hamilton and I'm sure he will win this year. Kimi finished 8th but he could have done better.

Everyone is not a Schumi to start last and come 5th in Monaco. His drive last year was out of this world.

I dont support a particular driver in Ferrari anymore though I like Massa. And at the end of the day it doesnt matter to me who becomes champion as long as its a Scarlet red Ferrari
Old 28th May 2007, 16:24   #1652
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
There were many Renault fans too till last year but somehow cant see any this season.
Exactly.i dont see many this year,maybe they were Shumi haters glorifying Renault and Alonso(whose fans have also disappeared,he is doing well isn't he?).

I only supported Michael and after his retirement i dont support anyone,neither team nor driver,but i find a little joy when someone beats Alonso,not that i hate him.I absolutley love Mercedes Benz but i hate Ronn so i will never support them while he is there.

Last edited by merve_extreme : 28th May 2007 at 16:27.
Old 28th May 2007, 16:28   #1653
Senior - BHPian

I'm not a fan of Alonso myself but he should get credit when he drives well like yesterday's race total domination from him. Credit to Mclaren too for coming back from a really bad 2006 to the top again.

I was quite pissed with Alonso last year though when he blamed his team saying they wanted to sabatoge his championship chances. This happened when he blew up at Monza. Thats not a nice thing to say to a team whos given you your first championship.

Well Schumi blew up at Suzuka soon after but we allknow what he did after he got back to the pit garage.
Old 28th May 2007, 16:50   #1654
Senior - BHPian

Dippy said
"Everyone is not a Schumi to start last and come 5th in Monaco. His drive last year was out of this world."

Overtaking in Monaco is as good as impossible!! so strategy comes in!!
I Totally Agree. There will be no one Close to Schumi's Capabilities, in Long Years to Come.
And People who Hated him will realise they were kids when they hated him!!!
I've been following F1 for 20 Years now!!--Dippy we met first at Sidewok!! a few years now.
Old 28th May 2007, 16:56   #1655
Senior - BHPian

Yes scooby we did meet at Sidewok first. And those were fun days. I guess you will agree with me that when we saw the races there most of them were just anti Ferrari and Schumi. Just a handful of Mclaren and Williams fans.
Old 28th May 2007, 17:00   #1656
BHPian

Ron Dennis doesn't exactly sympathize with Hamilton. He knows the outrage is since McLaren and Lewis are both British, the the British expect McLaren to be a bit more partial towards Lewis.

Lewsi expected to be called in 5-6 laps after Fonso, instead of just 3. He isin't ready to believe the fact that Fonso had conserved more fuel which is why he could stay out longer. Not many ppl accept that Mclaren has grown with a lot of assistance from Fonso. Not even Lewis Hamilton accepts that he isisn't as good as Fonso is.

And IMHO, MS is a closed chapter until he decides(if he does) to make a come back. Just like we do not discuss Senna, Prost other ex-racers after races now, let's leave MS out of this. Yes, MS was awesome, but we probably are seeing good talent coming up too.

And just like races were never boring when Ferrari dominated, let's savour the time when McLaren is doing the same rather than just saying it was a boring race. Seeing Alonso and Hamilton compete was loads of fun as well.
Old 28th May 2007, 17:01   #1657
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm not a fan of Alonso myself but he should get credit when he drives well like yesterday's race total domination from him. Credit to Mclaren too for coming back from a really bad 2006 to the top again.
absolutely i will give him credit for his driving and i have already done that,but regarding Mclarens form i dont think it has anything to do with Alonso but more to do with the fact that Mclaren had a chance to start their development early last year as they had no hope in last years championship and aslo the situation had stabilized after the loss of Newy.
Old 28th May 2007, 17:07   #1658
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_v12 View Post
Not many ppl accept that Mclaren has grown with a lot of assistance from Fonso
how can u explain that,no driver can influence the design of a car within that short a span of time,the car was nearly ready when the last season was over.

see the 96(when MS joined them)Ferrari was no different from 95 but the 97 one was.
Old 28th May 2007, 17:46   #1659
BHPian

thanks to alonso,he made me win 1000rs from moral but he is refusing to pay the bet now
Old 28th May 2007, 19:46   #1660
Senior - BHPian

McLaren race victory to be probed
BBC SPORT | Motorsport | Formula One | McLaren race victory to be probed

I missed this race y'day, those who saw this Race - did you find anything dodgy on this Alonso win over Hamilton?
Old 28th May 2007, 20:37   #1661
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingForIndia View Post
It amuses me to see so many McLaren supporters springing up from no where. When the team is doing bad no one wants to stand by it and when it is on a roll, everyone one seems to be a Macaa fan.
I'm a McLaren fan - big time - Senna days and all!
If you're talking about supporting them when they were down and out, I was always with them. But, there's no point blaming luck when you have suspensions failing, engines blowing, rear wings coming off and the car dosen't have the pace or driver to challenge champions. Honestly, I was at a loss of words. Remember, once, Michael Schumacher's car was on fire and he still managed to win the race. What could any McLaren fan say to that? It was the brilliance of MS and poor motivation and engineering on McLaren's part because of which they couldn't make an impression.
Now that McLaren have a worthy champion at the wheel and a good, reliable car, we can proudly talk about it.
All Alonso haters and doubters can go take a walk. The guy is a two time World Champion and is here to stay!
Old 28th May 2007, 21:50   #1662

[quote=finneyp;451107]McLaren race victory to be probed
BBC SPORT | Motorsport | Formula One | McLaren race victory to be probed

I missed this race y'day, those who saw this Race - did you find anything dodgy on this Alonso win over Hamilton?[/quote]

Yeah ... only that Hamilton, who was clearly quicker in most parts of the track, made no serious attempts to get past Alonso.

Read this:

Hamilton was hoping to claim his maiden Formula One victory and extend his lead over Alonso in the drivers' championship. But the 22-year-old was instructed "to take it easy" late on after he closed to within 0.8 seconds of the double world champion. That left the Spaniard clear to take his second victory of the season 4.095 seconds ahead of his young title rival but left Hamilton bemoaning his second fiddle role.
"It is something I have to live with. I've number two on my car and I am the number two driver. Coming into the season I expected to be number two driver."
Old 28th May 2007, 23:56   #1663
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There were many Renault fans too till last year but somehow cant see any this season. This too has to do with the point RacingforIndia mentioned.
I doubt they were even Renault fans in the first place.
It was just a case of anything and everything against Schumi!

Since Mclarens were not strong last year nor any other team except Renault.
So did they have any choice?
Old 29th May 2007, 07:25   #1664
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50 View Post
I doubt they were even Renault fans in the first place.
It was just a case of anything and everything against Schumi!

Since Mclarens were not strong last year nor any other team except Renault.
So did they have any choice?
Or they could just have been Alonso fans.
Possible!
Old 29th May 2007, 09:58   #1665
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Nope. nothing dodgy about the race positions. With the way that Hamilton was driving, it was pretty evident that he was on the limit. He even kissed the barriers a "couple of times".

Its but obvious that the team lead will ask them to cool down in the final 10 laps of the race. The FIA is making a noise out of nothing.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks