Williams 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2007, 23:42   #1636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by merve_extreme View Post
and yes Kimi is starting to disappoint big time now,i thought we can see some good overtake moves from Kimi,but that was as far as i could have been from reality,he just doesn't try.
For the most part of the last two season I thought Kimi was let down by his machinery and yes, Mclaren had fast cars but very reliably unreliable. But I did not realize the extent to which the driver was contributing to the failure rate of the car. Don't get me wrong, I think he is a fast driver capable of winning the championship but he isn't one that can make things happen. The element of magic that alonso and hamilton have is lacking. And Ferrari is not a team driven to success on sheer mechanical superiority. The common thread between a Ferrari and its driver is - personality and unfortunately, Kimi doesn't score well on this front.

Guess I have to thank him for leaving Mclaren???

Mclaren forever!!!
Old 28th May 2007, 00:21   #1637
Senior - BHPian

Kimi thinks he has got a three year contract so he can just sit in the car and cruise around the track.

Hamilton was fab
Old 28th May 2007, 00:43   #1638
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by merve_extreme View Post
yes Kimi is starting to disappoint big time now,
KIMI is bad luck for any team..look at him...He screwed Mclaren Big time last year...And now hes with Ferrari....Ya sure he may win a race here and there but thats all he can do.
THE BEST GIFT TO GIVE YOUR RIVALS----->>>>>KIMI RAIKKONEN

Amazing race by Alonso and Hamilton.Massa too.
Old 28th May 2007, 01:32   #1639
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
KIMI is bad luck for any team..look at him...He screwed Mclaren Big time last year...And now hes with Ferrari....Ya sure he may win a race here and there but thats all he can do.
THE BEST GIFT TO GIVE YOUR RIVALS----->>>>>KIMI RAIKKONEN

Amazing race by Alonso and Hamilton.Massa too.
Its not the bad luck,anyone can have bad luck,what i find disappointing is,he is not even making an effort to change the outcome(at least thats what it looks like).when ur in a bad position u try to make up by being aggressive,but for him no change.Imagine Ferrari is paying him 3 times that of Massa,not at all worth it.

Seriously i think the pressure of replacing Michael is getting to him and he is not coping too well,once the Italian press jumps on him,he's dead.

Last edited by merve_extreme : 28th May 2007 at 01:35.
Old 28th May 2007, 01:55   #1640
BANNED

Wow! As we expected and wanted; MCLAREN 1-2!
Sweet finish.

Sad to know that Kimi didn't impress. He should've atleast imitated Schumi to full by finishing 5th.

Full marks to Hamilton. There're some bull being spread around that he was asked to finish behind Fonsi etc... Crap! This chap drove brilliant. Sometimes even putting the side barriers to full use.

Quiet happy to hear the race was boring. Because, I missed watching the race live!
Old 28th May 2007, 10:06   #1641
Team-BHP Support

Alonso showed his class here! What driving, and that too under immense pressure! It just seemed that Alonso was driving much within his limits. Not once did he set a wheel wrong. Every time Lewis got close, he'd simply throttle down and open the gap again. Meanwhile Lewis, who drove a great race as well, looked ragged at times, and a bit too desperate to try and get the win he told everyone he would get.

I guess now it's just a matter of guessing which one of the 2 Mclaren drivers is going to take the crown. My money is still on Alonso.

As far as Kimi goes...i think the boy has exhausted his share of excuses. He must mow either deliver, of forever be an also ran in F1, left to run with the upper mid field teams.
Old 28th May 2007, 10:33   #1642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
McLaren 1 & 2 - fantastic!
That's the order they'll finish the race in. Massa will follow.

You are the man...

The best part of the race was Alonso and Hamilton lapping Kimi Raikkonnen. And the second best part was the fact that Massa took an eternity to cross the finish line. I thought the two McLarens would lap Massa on their victory lap.
Old 28th May 2007, 10:42   #1643
Team-BHP Support

Good drive from Alonso and Hamilton. They dominated the race all the way. Massa did well considering he had a slower car?
Old 28th May 2007, 12:07   #1644
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Boring race? No way in hell....it was sheer delight seeing the Macs take the kerbs. Expecially the corner right after the tunnel. Alonso and Hamilton were a treat to watch what with the car being thrown into the corners.

Recently, I saw an in-car video of a Monaco hot lap. Trust me, its one of the most challenging. For regular drivers like us, everything would only be a blur and we wouldnt even have time to react. An F1 driver makes a zillion corrections in the same time that we would even "think" of a reaction. It was mind-boggling to see the cars snake around the track yesterday.

Of course, Alonso has a better chance toward the championship. His experience counts. Buttttttttttttttt Hamilton has had one of the most impressive debuts in F1 history. He is the first team mate to consistently put pressure on Alonso.

P.S. A certain Mr. Mallya got the award for the best post-race Monaco party. This dude sure lives up to his image!
Old 28th May 2007, 12:12   #1645
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
Alonso showed his class here! What driving, and that too under immense pressure! It just seemed that Alonso was driving much within his limits.

On a related note, Ron Dennis said that the McLarens were actually cruising and could have gone much faster if required!
Old 28th May 2007, 13:27   #1646
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
P.S. A certain Mr. Mallya got the award for the best post-race Monaco party. This dude sure lives up to his image!
Yup I read that too and Bernie made an appearance too at the party. Seems like F1 is sure headed to India very soon and Mr Mallya looks likely to be at the centre of it.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 28th May 2007 at 13:28.
Old 28th May 2007, 13:56   #1647
BHPian

It amuses me to see so many McLaren supporters springing up from no where. When the team is doing bad no one wants to stand by it and when it is on a roll, everyone one seems to be a Macaa fan.
Old 28th May 2007, 15:43   #1648
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
It amuses me to see so many McLaren supporters springing up from no where. When the team is doing bad no one wants to stand by it and when it is on a roll, everyone one seems to be a Macaa fan.
Standard equation every year, sport! Go to any public screening and you will see Benz caps outdo the rest (in number).

For the record : I am pretty much neutral since Schumacher retired. But given a choice, I would pick Ferrari. Yet cant beat the joy of watching a newbie like Hamilton drive so good!
Old 28th May 2007, 16:00   #1649
Senior - BHPian

there is already a storm brewing up at Mclaren,apparently Lewis is not happy that he was told to hold station behind Alonso during the final stages of the race

Formula 1 : News MCLAREN - F1-Live.com

Dennis sympathises with Hamilton - Planet-F1 News - from planet-f1.com
Old 28th May 2007, 16:00   #1650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingForIndia View Post
Not me. I've been loyal to Mclaren from the days it was Mclaren lotus and Mclaren Honda. From the time the one and only, the greatest ever ayrton senna was a Mclaren driver and was very disappointed when he moved to Williams. The team has always come above the driver for me and I will never betray Mclaren! Don't matter if they finish 21 and 22, they'll still be my team of choice. I'd be mad and upset but will never ditch them

Mclaren forever
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks