Toro Rosso 0 0%
Super Aguri 0 0%
Williams 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2007, 10:12   #1666
BHPian

well during the first round of pit stops when massa was pretty close to lewis, lewis 's rear wheel went over the yellow line coming out of the pit lane that should have entitled him to a drive through penalty but the stewards kept Quiet if it were schumi hye would have definately gooten the penalty, why the double standards ?
Old 29th May 2007, 10:50   #1667
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Its but obvious that the team lead will ask them to cool down in the final 10 laps of the race. The FIA is making a noise out of nothing.
problem is Ronny told them to settle in their positions from the the first pit-stop itself.he is giving some safety car excuse but there was not one incident that could have caused a safety car to come out.anyway FIA is not going to do anything,they are just trying to please the British media.

Bernie must be a happy man,there is nothing like a controversy after a dominating and boring(for me atleast) race.

Last edited by merve_extreme : 29th May 2007 at 10:53.
Old 29th May 2007, 10:58   #1668
Senior - BHPian

After the 1st pit stop of Alonso, Hamilton was supposed to be in the pits after 6 laps. And it is quiet evident over time that the person taking the later pit stop has an advantage as he has the edge to drive a lightly fuelled car recording quick laps before the pit.

But Hamilton was called in to the pits on his 3rd flying lap...! Is there any catch in that?

And it was quiet in the first session of saturday qualifying that the two Mclaren drivers were causing nightmares to their boss Ron Dennis by trying to better each other's timings. The first session was used to be a general single flying lap for the Mclarens. The heat was clearly out and it was Hamilton who stood first and Alonso was simply unable to match Hamilton's pace...! Any thoughts on this...
Old 29th May 2007, 13:24   #1669

Look, it's fairly obvious that in a place like Monaco, where drivers were going into the sidewalls even without any pressure on them ... let alone being hounded by a guy right behind, a team which is miles ahead of the rest and is showing absolutely phenomenal pace, will be called stupid if they ruin a comfy 1-2 finish.

What people are cribbing about is the fact that Hamilton couldn't ... or should we say didn't ... get past Alonso. And the second point is the fact that Hamilton was called into the pits 3 laps before his scheduled pitstop.

As I've mentioned earlier, Hamilton accepts (albeit grudgingly) that he is the number 2 driver in the team. And that he will follow the "team strategy".

Now I've got no connections inside McLaren so I don't think its right to comment on the fuel loads and when exactly was Hamilton scheduled to come in. A lot of factors influence the timing of calling drivers in, maybe they thought the traffic was bad or whatever. So its tough to doubt them there.

Also, as far as getting past Alonso is concerned, first of all Monaco is probably the hardest circuit to overtake, unless the driver in front makes a mistake. And Alonso doesn't make mistakes like that. About Hamilton being quicker than Alonso, yes he was on certain parts of the track, but overall Alonso has been no slouch. Times don't reflect everything, but Alonso was quicker in both of Thursday's practice sessions, while Hamilton quicker on Saturday's. Then in qualifying, Hamilton in Q1, while Alonso in Q2 and Q3. Finally on race day, Alonso got the fastest lap. So it's incorrect to assume Hamilton was quicker than Alonso.

Having said all that, no one likes to see a young, talented and bloody quick driver asked to follow someone around. I'm pretty sure had it been Massa in front of him, we would have seen atleast some serious attempts by Hamilton. That's not to say that he would have gotten past him, but surely, a more definitive overtaking move would have been on display.
Old 29th May 2007, 14:38   #1670
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I'm pretty sure had it been Massa in front of him, we would have seen atleast some serious attempts by Hamilton.
In the post-race interview, it was nice to see Hamilton take it in the right spirit and comment "Alonso doesnt make too many mistakes. He is a two time world champion."
Old 29th May 2007, 15:03   #1671
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by merve_extreme View Post
he is giving some safety car excuse but there was not one incident that could have caused a safety car to come out.
but baba he was just trying to avoid the adverse effects of a safety car coming out, strategic planning in M.B.A. language.

But, merve, you posted that

manson.
Old 29th May 2007, 15:58   #1672
BHPian

Well the victory is being probed as we speak and that’s the biggest joke which the FIA could pull on my team.
Ferrari went scott free for its blatant use of team orders and McLaren openly admit their race strategy and the FIA penalizes them for that. Even though Ron Dennis said that his cars could go faster ( which I think was a strategic statement) Hamilton in particular was on the limit as he admitted to brushing the barriers often.
On a circuit where overtaking is impossible, it would be mindless to let your drivers race each other. I think Ron Dennis did the right thing by asking them to sensibly drive.

As for the fair weather fans, I didn’t mean to offend anyone, but people who jump on the band wagon when the going gets good and dump it when the odds are stacked against you put me off.
Old 29th May 2007, 16:09   #1673
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
but baba he was just trying to avoid the adverse effects of a safety car coming out, strategic planning in M.B.A. language.

But, merve, you posted that

manson.
yes,but for which incident?
My point is there was not one incident that warranted the deployment of a safety car.
Old 29th May 2007, 16:57   #1674
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by merve_extreme View Post
yes,but for which incident?
My point is there was not one incident that warranted the deployment of a safety car.
You forget that an incident like that could have happened, and ron was trying to be best prepared for that, atleast thats what i gather from all the hoopla.

manson.
Old 29th May 2007, 17:12   #1675
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
You forget that an incident like that could have happened, and ron was trying to be best prepared for that, atleast thats what i gather from all the hoopla.

manson.
but then ron should have put on rain tyres preparing for a downpour ,i think Ron was just making excuses,you know what another thing he has claimed that the 98 australia drama was caused because somebody tapped into their radio and told mika to pit.that is how wierd Ron can be.
Old 29th May 2007, 18:09   #1676
BHPian

The FIA would be listening to McLarens pit to car radio conversations for the Monaco GP. That should shread some light on the matter.
Old 29th May 2007, 18:14   #1677
Senior - BHPian

It was a exciting race, with Hamilton providing good entertainment. Alonso was quick and he was not pushing unnecessarily, which wasn't required to do also. And there is no point in pushing too hard and making mistakes too on a track where there is no room for error. Alonso did respond to Hamilton's pace again, which shows he was equally fast. He just drove like a champ. I feel FIA are making fuss out of nothing.
Old 29th May 2007, 19:23   #1678
BHPian

Hamilton is under immense pressure.... Media had made the Monaco GP look like Hamilton's maiden GP victory and I think all that pressure really made him feel that it was really his race.
I'm sure Ron's decision would've been to avoid loosing both the cars in a circuit like this where a small mistake can be very costly. So asking them to ease off is perfectly sane... especially with Hamilton's serious urge to take on Alonso and make this his first win.
Hamilton will win...very soon. But for a constructor it is not worth loosing the kind of advantage they gained over the Ferrari. So overall a very sensible decision which could help win the championship at the end.
But... as a spectator... yes I'd loved to see Hamilton overtake Alonso and win his first GP in Monaco!
Old 29th May 2007, 23:01   #1679
BHPian

don't think it woudn't have been possible for hamilton to overatake fonsi inthe narrow tracks of monaco... he even admitted it after the race in the interview.
But kimi's misfortune's continued here.... i mean not able to quality at the top. hopefully, that'll soon change.
Old 30th May 2007, 19:29   #1680
BHPian

My team is all clear.
itv.com/f1 - FIA clears McLaren over team order charges
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks