Williams 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2008, 01:40   #3031
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
This only means that since he has a mathematical chance, he still aims at winning it. 4 races to go, if Kimi wins all, he's on 97. Lewis 2nd in all, he's on 114 - World Champion.
And what about Massa, why can't he finish 2nd ahead of Hamilton ?
If he wants to win WDC he better finish ahead of hamilton
Old 16th September 2008, 01:47   #3032
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
Its not. Iam not saying dont put up a fight. Do it but then when you know its not being safe for you and your car and you know you've got a superior car behid then BACK OFF instead of making a lawn mower.
After all that jazz, your logic yet remains the most ridiculous thing i have come acrosswith regards to racing. It probably makes better sense to you, so i am just going to leave you at that.

Quote:
Monaco is a different ball game. What are you comparing..??? Monaco is WHERE ITS ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE to overtake.
Monaco circuit or a parking lot, i doubt anybody had imagined that arrows to keep the barrichelo driven ferrari behind till the end.
Do you remember a certain Schumi drive through up the grid on a not so old Monaco GP? I am not comparing any driver to Schumi, he was a legend, just for example sake.
So Monaco does allow overtaking, you just gotta have an ace behind the wheel though.

Quote:
And he upheld David coulthard for 35 laps.FYI Arrows team stopped their F1 challenge in 2002. Only lent their chassis to the then Minardi team. GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT
My facts right? A few numbers wrong but i remember DC held back Michael Schumacher, and the Frentzen's Arrows held back Barrichelo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50 View Post
Manson, nice example but the numbers differ a bit.
It was 2002 Monaco GP and it was H.H.Frentzen who kept Barrichello at bay. Full marks for Arrows! And it was for 6th position. Points didnt run till the 8th place then.
Sorry bud, my memory is just as good as dan's, thanks for the corrections though.

manson.
Old 16th September 2008, 01:56   #3033
Senior - BHPian

Boy this is turning to be quite an off track battle. I am just going to sit back and enjoy this

But this line below gave me a good laugh at 2 AM

Quote:
.Glock forced himself onto the grass. He knows a better car is in his mirrors why try and cause yourself difficulties. Just let the man pass. ...
Old 16th September 2008, 07:43   #3034
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
Both drivers should be given equal chance till the point where one driver is completely out of contention. I don't think we have reached that point yet.
Do you really think Lewis / Massa are going to score at an average of less than 5 points a race from now?
Old 16th September 2008, 08:21   #3035
BHPian

Quote:
Do you really think Lewis / Massa are going to score at an average of less than 5 points a race from now?
Though I sound hugely optimistic "ITS NOT OVER UNTIL ITS OVER".
Thats the beauty of F1.
Who on earth imagined Schumi's Ferrari blowing up past 2nd pitstop in Suzuka 2006.I still remember how me and my brother were dancing with joy until that moment.It would have been 8 WDC if not for that blowup.
Same goes with Foot in mouth boy last year as well.Didnt Kimi win it by scoring 17 from last 2 races.
So lets wait until Brazil 2008.But for sure not good sign for Ferrari as their constructors lead is only 5 points now

Last edited by jraj : 16th September 2008 at 08:22. Reason: more info
Old 16th September 2008, 08:24   #3036
BHPian

Quote:
Right now it seems like it's programmed to either try to win or self destruct. It doesn't seem to understand the term "Team work".
As long as it self-destructs with a RACING INCIDENT with a Silver car,I am fine with it :-)
Old 16th September 2008, 08:30   #3037
Senior - BHPian

Ferrari hints support for Massa for the Championship!

Check this link:
F1 : Raikkonen to help Massa, Ferrari boss hints - FERRARI - F1-Live.com

Quote:
But Ferrari boss Domenicali told the press: "Our main interest is the team and the drivers know it."
"Of course Kimi will do his best to be as aggressive as possible but also consider the fact that Felipe is much closer to Lewis," the Italian added.

Last edited by finneyp : 16th September 2008 at 08:32.
Old 16th September 2008, 11:20   #3038
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna View Post
I am going to watch the gp. I have just bought a walk about tickets.

you just bought the ticket.
I am trying since saturday and they say everything is sold out excep primier ($2500),

Please help and tell me where can is still manage a ticket
Old 16th September 2008, 14:02   #3039
BHPian

I think Hamilton is really good at overtaking cars in front of him, something which both Kimi and Schumacher effortlessly used to do back in the day. But a lot of the drivers aren't good at defending their positions properly.

I mean if Fisichella in a Force India can hold off both Hamilton and Kimi for so many laps, why can't Glock or Webber. Half of the drivers were just making way for him when he was charging down on them in Monza. Blame it on lack of experience or lack of skill.

The biggest mistake they were making is letting Hamilton brake really late and then giving up the racing line to him in almost all the chicanes. You can complain later on that he left no room for you in the second half of the chicane but then once he has the racing line and is already accelerating quicker than them, why should he slow down and give them room.

The best strategy against Hamilton is NOT letting him brake late and catch you on the inside lane. And since you are allowed one blocking move while being passed in Formula one, they should use that judiciously at the right time.
Old 16th September 2008, 14:50   #3040
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujaylahiri View Post
The biggest mistake they were making is letting Hamilton brake really late and then giving up the racing line to him in almost all the chicanes. You can complain later on that he left no room for you in the second half of the chicane but then once he has the racing line and is already accelerating quicker than them, why should he slow down and give them room.

The best strategy against Hamilton is NOT letting him brake late and catch you on the inside lane. And since you are allowed one blocking move while being passed in Formula one, they should use that judiciously at the right time.
Errr.. I'm sure an F1 driver is aware of late braking strategy. If your car is simply not as good as your opponent's, you simply can't out brake them. Just as, if your car does not have the straight-line speed, you can't out-pace them in the straights.
Old 16th September 2008, 17:10   #3041
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by METISWHG View Post
you just bought the ticket.
I am trying since saturday and they say everything is sold out excep primier ($2500),

Please help and tell me where can is still manage a ticket
Hi, i am sorry, it should read "bought just the walkabout tickets". I purchased it long time back. Last week travel agent told me that he has got 10 tickets for bay grandstand costing Rs.10800 each. I dont know whether they are for three days or just for the race day. If u are interested, i shall check with the agent.
Lookout for tickets in ebay....
Old 16th September 2008, 17:13   #3042
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna View Post
Last week travel agent told me that he has got 10 tickets for bay grandstand costing Rs.10800 each. I dont know whether they are for three days or just for the race day.
Would be just for Race day I think from whatever little I know of the pricing

Will your cell phone be on roaming? Will sms you around that time, hopefully we may be able to bump into each other. We're at the Marina Grandstand. Staying at Holiday Inn Park View
Old 16th September 2008, 22:51   #3043
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not every race, but what if they have a couple of DNFs? Fuji and Singapore can be unpredictable. So you never know.
Also from Massa's point of view, all he needs to do is just finish ahead of Hamilton. He will definitely be aiming for poles in all the remaining races. If he manages to do that, there is really no need for any special help from Kimi, who can then concentrate on his own race.
Old 16th September 2008, 23:16   #3044
Team-BHP Support

I don't have anything to say after post no. 3037.
Old 17th September 2008, 09:04   #3045
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Would be just for Race day I think from whatever little I know of the pricing

Will your cell phone be on roaming? Will sms you around that time, hopefully we may be able to bump into each other. We're at the Marina Grandstand. Staying at Holiday Inn Park View
I may not use my phone, but will probably have a local number. PM your mobile number, i will try and contact you. it would be nice if we are able to meet, already we missed it last year at sepang.

Guys, any idea on the best place to watch the race with walkabout tickets?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks