Williams 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2007, 00:28   #2281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Don't think anyone saw that during the race or even a day after it.
No one did, nor did Webber know that it was Hamiltons fault,( but it was dude to his erratic english driving) but this is a not just pure motor sports, there is a mix of adrenaline, politics, brainwork and Red Bulls boss, mind you has done an excellent job here by putting the blame on LH.
Old 5th October 2007, 00:47   #2282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, rain brings out the best & worst in drivers - really shakes things up & gives the lesser teams a chance at F1 glory ! I guess Max & Bernie should be looking at mandatory wet races to spice things up in F1 !

Three wet races I cannot forget...

1995, Spa - Schumi taking the win, after starting from 16th on the grid !

1996, Monaco - When Panis went on to win, after starting from 14th, as his fellow F1 compatriots fell by the wayside.

1998, Spa (again) - Schumi famously crashing into the back of DC while lapping him. Schumi stamped his mastery of the wet race by driving in circles around the rest of the field before his error. I think this race also holds the record for the biggest F1 pile-up - 13 cars or something !

One race I would've liked to have seen...

1993, Donington Park - Generally considered as the ultimate wet race, usually bandied about by Senna fans, attempting to explain his genius !
BARRICHELLO WITH FERRARI DURING GERMAN GRAND PRIX
How can you forget thattttt?!
Old 5th October 2007, 01:19   #2283
Senior - BHPian

Working link:
Old 5th October 2007, 02:21   #2284
BHPian

with all the safety measures they are introducing into F1, hope they dont give the cars brake lights and turn signals too
Old 5th October 2007, 09:51   #2285
BHPian

1.Kimi
2.Hamilton
3.Massa
Old 5th October 2007, 09:53   #2286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
BARRICHELLO WITH FERRARI DURING GERMAN GRAND PRIX
How can you forget thattttt?!
IMHO the only driver who can legitametly be claimed to be as great (if not better) as Schumi in rain is the legendary Aryton Senna. I remember a race (a rerun that I saw on television) in which Senna absolutely blasted a field of competitors on the calibre of Prost, Mansell et al. In the rain. He overtook five cars on one corner and it was not the first corner of the race. I guess that has to be a record of sorts. I will try and located the video and post it...
Old 5th October 2007, 10:21   #2287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap_deal View Post
with all the safety measures they are introducing into F1, hope they dont give the cars brake lights and turn signals too
Good one.
I dont see how Hamilton can be penalised because he obviously ran wide and was trying to get back in. Having said that, it would make things exciting if he were to be docked 10 places.
Old 5th October 2007, 11:34   #2288
BHPian

Hi "TheFreak", I think you're referring to the 1993 European GP at Donington Park. By the end of the opening lap, he's already overtaken Schumacher, Wendlinger, Hill & Prost ! It's glorious to watch, as if Senna alone knows something the others do not ! Of course, it's said that Senna himself put it down to the traction control McLaren was running at that time, but his genius is undeniable

Gordon, were you by any chance referring to Barichello's first win, at the German GP in 2000 ? I remember that race for only two things - Schumi being taken out by Fisichella at the start, & the protesting moron on the track. However, if Schumi hadn't been bumped off, or if that crazy Merc employee hadn't been running up & down the track, do you think Rubens would've won ?
Old 5th October 2007, 15:37   #2289
BHPian

Here is another working link which shows the crash

It does not take much maths to tell Hamilton was more than 5 car's length behind..... May be he did not read rules. We can see what excuse that boy can come with.
Possible excuses
1) May be my team did not radio in to follow within 5 car distance
2) My tyres suddenly cooled off.
3) My brakes faded suddenly.
4) I felt like ***** and so on....
Old 5th October 2007, 19:03   #2290
Team-BHP Support

Hamilton cleared in Japan probe!!
Formula 1 : News HAMILTON - F1-Live.com
Yea, someone up there really wants Hamilton as champ.

manson.
Old 5th October 2007, 19:38   #2291
BHPian

Ho Ho Ho ..Hamilton threatened to quit the sport if penalised , comeon buddy do it please .

IMHO hamilton might be the highest paid british sportsperson next year , but can never be in the same league as becks, lineker , ian botham or henman

Did i see a 'hamilton hill ' in silverstone ? ..nope met more people wishing DC and button would do better ..i would say posh and jose mourinho's dog is more popular in britain (my opinion)
Old 5th October 2007, 19:50   #2292
Senior - BHPian

After all the hungama from the Spy scandal, I was totally put off with these whiners' complaints.
For once, let this season be about racing on the track. not off it!

After this incident, Hamilton's gonna be very very careful driving and finishing the next 2 GPs. Another 14 hours to go for Qualifying. Fingers crossed!
Old 5th October 2007, 20:35   #2293
BHPian

Phew ! This season could rival any daytime soap in terms of twists & turns ! First Ferrari's "floor" device, then the infamous spy scandal, then the cold-war between Alonso & Dennis, now Lewis & his antics at Fuji - makes you wonder what the next couple of races & the off-season are going to throw at you !

Much as the Tifosi (such as me) would've liked Lewis docked in some way for his "easy" victory at Fuji, we do have to agree that if he does win it this year, he's earned it fair & square. Lewis's raw talent, his impeccable skill, McLaren's reliability, Ferrari's lack of the same, & tons of luck have all ensured that 2007 is Lewis's year - even if he doesn't go on to claim the WDC...

P.S. - To the McLaren & Lewis fanboys, by "easy victory", I meant the FIA's Ferrari tire fiasco, & Alonso's retirement !
Old 5th October 2007, 20:39   #2294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imsrini
Much as the Tifosi (such as me) would've liked Lewis docked in some way for his "easy" victory at Fuji, we do have to agree that if he does win it this year, he's earned it fair & square. Lewis's raw talent, his impeccable skill, McLaren's reliability, Ferrari's lack of the same, & tons of luck have all ensured that 2007 is Lewis's year - even if he doesn't go on to claim the WDC...
I cosign.

20characters
Old 5th October 2007, 20:48   #2295
BHPian

I can"t believe the stewards were investigating the crash that had nothing to do with Lewis. For a while there it seemed like a certain someone would allege anything to make sure the championship battle goes down to the last race at Brazil. Here's my question - how on earth is Lewis responsible for a guy 2 cars behind him hitting the back of the car directly behind him. I know the rules, but doesn't the allegation sound stupid to the person who made it??? C'mon...really now!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks