Toro Rosso 0 0%
Super Aguri 0 0%
Williams 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2008, 21:22   #2431
BHPian

Awesome race and the scenes from inside with Lewis, Nick and Nico was really nice. It was great to see the all three of them feeling happy for the other.

Why do we need Schumi now? He retired and its has been more than a year since then. The new kids are pretty good and the action what F1 really needs. Let us enjoy this....
Old 16th March 2008, 22:27   #2432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhav View Post
Why do we need Schumi now? He retired and its has been more than a year since then. The new kids are pretty good and the action what F1 really needs. Let us enjoy this....
Exactly my point. Schumacher is history now. He's never coming back to Formula 1 ever, so leave him alone.

Anyway I was pretty impressed with Kubica until he retired. Instead of Heidfeld, it should have been Kubica on the podium.

And as far as Kimi is concerned, it's just one of those races where he made a few mistakes. He'll be back, but I'm seriously concerned about Ferrari's reliability.

If you see, NONE of the SIX Ferraris finished the race. Now that is a dismal performance.
Old 16th March 2008, 23:19   #2433
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Fernando Alonso reckons his Renault team needs to find nearly one second to be able to fight with rivals McLaren and Ferrari this year.
That shouldn’t be a problem, however, as he famously let us all know last year that he brought nearly a second all on his own when he started testing with McLaren.
Over to you then Fernando…
Hold on just a second Fernandoâ?¦ - Feature - F1 | ITV Sport
Old 17th March 2008, 06:31   #2434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Good race. Beginning with a win of my favourite team and driver.
Agree with you i am pleased too as Mclaren is back with a bang putting all the fiasco's of last year behind them.
Old 17th March 2008, 07:38   #2435
BHPian

I don't know why people are making it such a disaster for Ferrari. Agreed, the drivers made mistakes and they had reliability problems, but whenever Kimi was running in clean air, he was really fast and adjusted for fuel would have been as fast or faster than Hamilton. So, I think they just have to leave this weekend behind and look forward to the next race. It's a long season and as we saw last year, even a 20 point gap can be bridged quite easily.
Old 17th March 2008, 08:17   #2436
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic season opener. Feel sorry for Force India F1.
Old 17th March 2008, 09:24   #2437
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
Feel sorry for Force India F1.
Well look at it this way - atleast it cant get worse than this

I like the lack of TCS this year. I stopped watching F1 a couple of years ago because it got too boring! So noTCS + FIF1 are two good reasons to start watching again!

cya
R
Old 17th March 2008, 11:01   #2438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilb2008 View Post
ITV has got to post something like that. Brits, Brits, Brits. They are way too Anti-Alonso and would do anything to put Alonso to shame.
Old 17th March 2008, 11:57   #2439
Senior - BHPian

Great race and i really am waiting for races in valencia and monaco to happen as that will actually show how many will finish the race.
Alonso was too good and loved to see ron dennis's face when heiki was overtaken again by alonso lol
Old 17th March 2008, 14:13   #2440
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post

What's with Kimi & Massa for chrissakes? Looks like Kimi is the biggest loser from the Traction Control point of view, LOL!

Anyway, I'm devastated with the Ferrari failures so I'm off to drown my sorrows so to speak.

I hope this is not an ominous indication of the way the season will end - last year Kimi won this one & the championship, its Hamilton this year; I hope it doesn't mean what I hope it doesn't mean.
Despite having logged several hundred kms in testing without traction control, drivers are still coming to terms in race situations like overtaking, shunts etc. Massa has been complaining about the rule change ever since the end of last season. A few drivers will take longer than others to adjust I guess.
Old 17th March 2008, 14:57   #2441
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaserQ View Post
Despite having logged several hundred kms in testing without traction control, drivers are still coming to terms in race situations like overtaking, shunts etc. Massa has been complaining about the rule change ever since the end of last season. A few drivers will take longer than others to adjust I guess.

One more attribute to the continuous spins Kimi was experiencing is because he seemed desperate to work his way up from the 9th position and while overtaking to get the 2nd position, he seemed overtly desperate and tried the out-braking technique that costed him several positions dearly
Old 18th March 2008, 21:39   #2442
Jay
BHPian

What a race it was, really enjoyed it, would have been better if Heikki would have come second
Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Forzaaaaaaaa Ferrari!!!
oh yeah blue boy...
Old 18th March 2008, 22:59   #2443
Senior - BHPian

Kimi looked desparate, Hamilton looked cool, Alonso made the most of the car and the situation.

Happy that BMW and Williams are performing really well. Would be a close 4 way race and if Renault snapping at everyone's heels, think look good for this year.
Old 19th March 2008, 09:54   #2444
BHPian

Prediction:Malaysian Grand Prix

Will there be a twist of tail this weekend. Here comes the second race of this season.I am sure ferrari will come back strong and Mclaren will be ready for that ! BMW,Renault and williams will also be fighting for the top honours!

Guys, I dont have an idea who is going to win!!

My Predict is:

Massa
Hamilton
Kimi
Old 19th March 2008, 11:42   #2445
BHPian

Hmmm I too wish Ferrari bounce back strongly! But to be practical I feel 1 week is not sufficient to make a remarkable turn around however professional they are! But I wish...

In that case I would bet on Kimi to be the lead Ferrari driver over Massa in podium or points.

Alonso would do better and achieve similar results or better.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks