Williams 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2008, 10:24   #3601
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Now that the race is getting nearer and nearer, the heat is building up. There're speculations that it may get real dirty with both the title contenders fighting with each other and may even hit each other.
Read what Jordan has to say:
autosport.com - F1 News: Jordan: Hamilton must be ruthless
Will something of this sort happen?
I think LH would be better off if he keeps away from such advices.On the other hand,I think he has to take real care to stay off from Masa on the track.If something happens,then either the FIA will take some action and even if it doesnt,his WDC win will be sort of tainted one.
I think LH should keep real cool and this WDC will be his.Unlike last year when it was a 3 way fight,this year is pretty easy for him.His opponent too somehow never inspires confidence.Noway is Massa equal to Alonso and Kimi who were fighting for WDC last year with LH.Massa would be more desperate than LH as Massa knows whatever he believes or says,the clear hierarchy in Ferrari Kimi and then Massa.This year as Kimi was off color he is playing second fiddle to Massa.Dont think Kimi will be doing it again and if recent form is any indication,I believe normalcy will be retained next year.
Only thing that LH has to worry about is the reliability of his car.As we saw in Suzuka in 2006,even the best of car\team which didnt have any reliability issue for a long longtime,decided to make its presence felt at the wrong time.Apart from that I think LH has the WDC in his kitty(The rider though is he keeps his cool and doesnt have any rush of blood and doesnt hit any wrong buttons on his steering-as he did in 2007)
Old 26th October 2008, 23:56   #3602
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Massa has to win the race to ensure that he has any chance of winning the title. The rest is completely up to luck. Maybe Alonso can help him out.
Massa not only needs the sort of luck that favoured Alonso and Kimi in the last few races of 2006 & 2007 respectively, but also the ability to capitalize and make the most of it.
Old 27th October 2008, 07:29   #3603
BHPian

What do you guys think of Force India using McLaren's engine and chassis from next year onwards, making it an effective McLaren B Team, something which Prodrive was trying to do for next season.

This would surely be a great boost for the team, and I think that they should be easily able to challenge Honda and even Red Bull and Torro Rosso (now without Vettel).

F1 News > Engine dealings
Old 27th October 2008, 22:43   #3604
BANNED

Now, an interesting interview from Schumacher. He has some good things to say about the current lot of F1 drivers, especially about Hamilton.
BBC SPORT | Motorsport | Formula One | Schumacher expects Hamilton reign
Read more. Full interview can be caught in tv too.

Caution! This is from a british media website. So, please! Let's don't start the blame game again.
Old 28th October 2008, 14:58   #3605
BHPian

Ferrari threatens F1 pull-out over engines

Ferrari has issued a statement mentioning that they might no longer be associated with F1,if the proposed common engine \ transmission plan by FIA is implemented from 2010 season.Meanwhile,FIA has gone ahead and have asked for interested suppliers to give their proposal before Nov7th.
Source:
UPDATE 2-Motor racing-Ferrari threatens F1 pull-out over engines | Industries | Consumer Goods & Retail | Reuters

F1 : Ferrari warns it might leave Formula One - FERRARI - F1-Live.com
Old 28th October 2008, 15:36   #3606
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jraj View Post
Ferrari has issued a statement mentioning that they might no longer be associated with F1,if the proposed common engine \ transmission plan by FIA is implemented from 2010 season.Meanwhile,FIA has gone ahead and have asked for interested suppliers to give their proposal before Nov7th.
Source:
UPDATE 2-Motor racing-Ferrari threatens F1 pull-out over engines | Industries | Consumer Goods & Retail | Reuters

F1 : Ferrari warns it might leave Formula One - FERRARI - F1-Live.com
FIA is making this sport look more stupid!
Old 28th October 2008, 18:17   #3607
Senior - BHPian

FIA have gone nuts!

A engine is a heart of a car!
If that is uniform across all cars, how will car makers find a edge over other cars?
Old 28th October 2008, 23:02   #3608
Senior - BHPian

Slowly,they're making this a one make series like the A1 GP.
Ferrai lost its supremacy already after they removed the Traction control system
Old 28th October 2008, 23:47   #3609
BANNED

20% viewership was lost after Schumi retired,(No offenses to anyone, dont come flaming towards me for this) its a reality guys. And now common drivetrain. Come-on, We would be seeing only one constructor running the whole race.

What'll then happen to F1, without Ferrari's / McLaren's/Toyota's/Honda's.

I'll announce my retirement from F1 in this case.
Old 29th October 2008, 00:44   #3610
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post

I'll announce my retirement from F1 in this case.
I'm already enjoying WRC and A1GP.
Old 29th October 2008, 01:12   #3611
BANNED

This one engine thingy is taking things a bit too far.
Next, they'll ask for production cars engines or what? The character of F1 will be lost then.
Btw, Ferrari can be happy by joining A1 gp! Their engines are anyway the only thingy available there. They won't have any problems from Mclarens, Stepneys, Hamiltons etc.. either!

But to be very frank, I don't see this going to happen (atleast, not very soon). FOTA won't allow it.
In a very rare chance of it happening, GUYS! Be prepared to see the amazing new GP that will be organised by all car manufacturers together.
They can bring back the erstwhile Group B racing too. Let Bernie, Mosley and their supporters go to their hell/heaven/whatsoever!
Old 29th October 2008, 01:41   #3612
BANNED

FIA is worried for sure!
autosport.com - F1 News: FIA responds to Ferrari's quit threat
They've given a reply to the Ferrari's quit threat. But to me, it sounds like a knee jerk one.

And from the 3 options given by FIA to manufacturers, 2 sounds a bit similar to each other in it's outcome and the 3rd option seems to be very much impossible.

After some meetings, heated opinions, brick bats, conferences and the usual dose of suspense, the 3rd option will be pushed ahead with some major modifications. I think so!

What say?
Old 30th October 2008, 04:19   #3613
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
I'm already enjoying WRC and A1GP.
WRC today is so boring that it makes the Ferrari/Schumi dominated years of F1 look like nail-biting stuff.
Old 30th October 2008, 08:53   #3614
BHPian

Telecast timings of the Brazilian GP on Star Sports, anyone? Both qualifying and Raceday.
Old 30th October 2008, 09:07   #3615
Senior - BHPian

Interesting viewpoint on Massa, just before the final race. Please note this is also from a British publication:

Felipe Massa aiming to emulate Ayrton Senna, Emerson Fittipaldi and Nelson Piquet: Formula One - Telegraph

So can Massa become the Masta?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks