Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2008, 02:22   #3706
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
If questions are to be thrown...then

1) Was Kubica paid by FERRARi..??? Or wants a seat there..??
2) What made Vettel Stay behind Massa although he could have taken the race lead..on a number of occasions..???
3) Did vettel get a call later on in the race from ferrari..??
There is no point in such questions. Vettel was never going to overtake Massa. Massa was in complete control.
About Kubica incident, these kind of things happen. Kubica was probably taking his chance to overtake some other slower cars to gain some places. But that definitely added to the drama.
Old 3rd November 2008, 02:31   #3707
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
There is no point in such questions. Vettel was never going to overtake Massa. Massa was in complete control.
About Kubica incident, these kind of things happen. Kubica was probably taking his chance to overtake some other slower cars to gain some places. But that definitely added to the drama.
I know that. But if People can question Hamilton & Mclaren. Why not Ferrari..??

Kubica was either High on coke or was drunk.. His drive was the most fish'est of the lot. What was he trying to do. HE WAS IN 16TH and still trying what..? Was he dying to use the LOO..?? Did he have to get home early because he left the stove on..??? Kubica to Ferrari..???

Bottom Line : Again & Again & Again

LEWIS HAMILTON CHAMPION.

SLICKS back next year. Yipeee!!!

To come to think of it Massa Was Champion for a FULL 16 or so SECONDS.

And

Fireworks for Lewis : From Honda with Love. LOL

Last edited by danlalan : 3rd November 2008 at 02:36.
Old 3rd November 2008, 02:37   #3708
BHPian

Quote:
Was he dying to use the LOO..?? Did he have to get home early because he left the stove on..??? Kubica to Ferrari..???
brilliant! Is there any way of checking with Kubica on that?
Old 3rd November 2008, 02:38   #3709
BHPian

Quote:
I know that. But if People can question Hamilton & Mclaren. Why not Ferrari..??

LEWIS HAMILTON CHAMPION.
Its party time. Hail the youngest champion.

1 down 7 more to go !!
Old 3rd November 2008, 02:46   #3710
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rranjith_kum View Post
Its party time. Hail the youngest champion.

1 down 7 more to go !!

RIGHT ON!!! But we are a little to early to celebrate that or SHOULD WE..??

WARNING FOR people in corollas camrys and innovas.... toyotas apprently slow down for no rhyme or reason just when u need them to work the most...! BEWARE!!!

Just to excited. Iam sorry.
Old 3rd November 2008, 02:52   #3711
BHPian

Quote:

RIGHT ON!!! But we are a little to early to celebrate that or SHOULD WE..??
I dont think we should delay the party any more we guys deserve this after all the drama, penalties and such things.

In fact that is why I posted previously that FIA are investigating Lewis 's Car, it seems his steering wheel was not mounted properly in the car it was crooked when he got out LOL !!
Old 3rd November 2008, 03:48   #3712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamdiesel View Post
Lewis, amazing drive till the end. He did not mess up the last laps witht he situation he was in. I am sure last few laps of Lewis was pressure cooker stuff!!
Seconded. I thought he was going to spin off or go into a wall in the last 3 laps, but he didn't try for an all or nothing move and was (questionably) rewarded.
Both Massa and Hamilton have had streaks of luck as well as misfortune. Let's not nitpick on what has been one of the best races in a long time.

Awaiting the start of the next season cheers:
Old 3rd November 2008, 04:26   #3713
Senior - BHPian

Shucks! I missed this ultimate race too!

Though Hamilton won the WDC, I should say it was not a convincing win!
The WDC was decided at the final corner of the final race!
Anyway, he got more points, he is the WDC! Congrats LH!

Well done Massa!
Good luck for the next year!
Old 3rd November 2008, 07:03   #3714
Senior - BHPian

what an incredible race that one was! It took some time for me to figure out why all of a sudden Hamilton was promoted from 6th to 5th. What better can it be when the championship was decided in the last few seconds of the last race.
Old 3rd November 2008, 09:06   #3715
BHPian

Congratulations to LH.
So the No1 is now going back to a Toyota,oops,Mclaren again after a long time.

What a race by Felipe.Tiffosis are proud of you Felipe.Starting the season with critics questioning his seat at Ferrari to becoming the WDC,albeit for a few seconds,is an good turnaround.
It was a sight to see Felipe's family celebrating for seconds before the reality dawned on them.My heart goes out for them
Damn,Sundays will be boring now.Waiting for 2009 season to begin.

But,if LH and Massa continue to make mistakes as they did this season,I think next year title showdown will be only between Alonso and Kimi,the 2 best out there.

Last edited by jraj : 3rd November 2008 at 09:09. Reason: info
Old 3rd November 2008, 09:12   #3716
Distinguished - BHPian

quotes from f1.com

attached below are quotes from f1.com:

Ron Dennis:
"Well, that was a really tough race,” said team boss Ron Dennis. “We never pushed hard, we never did anything silly, but of course the late rain made things extraordinarily tense. Even so, even when Sebastian got past Lewis, we never gave up, and Lewis never gave up, because we knew that Timo was on intermediate tyres."

Timo Glock:
"I was on dry tyres at the end of the race when it was raining quite badly and it was just impossible on the last lap. I was fighting as hard as I could but it was so difficult to just keep the car on the track and I lost positions right at the end of the lap."

Does Ron know what he is saying? After last times spying controversy, i just can't trust mclaren anymore!

Ya, i'm a very sore looser! One thing for sure, no toyota cars for me!!!
Old 3rd November 2008, 09:21   #3717
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
attached below are quotes from f1.com:

Ron Dennis:
"Well, that was a really tough race,” said team boss Ron Dennis. “We never pushed hard, we never did anything silly, but of course the late rain made things extraordinarily tense. Even so, even when Sebastian got past Lewis, we never gave up, and Lewis never gave up, because we knew that Timo was on intermediate tyres."

Does Ron know what he is saying? After last times spying controversy, i just can't trust mclaren anymore!
Wrong again.
Read stuff in the following article again.
Ron Dennis:
"Well, that was a really tough race,” said team boss Ron Dennis. “We never pushed hard, we never did anything silly, but of course the late rain made things extraordinarily tense. Even so, even when Sebastian got past Lewis, we never gave up, and Lewis never gave up, because we knew that Timo was on dry tyres."
F1 : Lewis Hamilton, 2008 Formula One World Champion - MCLAREN - F1-Live.com

Well done, Lewis, Ron and team McLaren Mercedes.

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd November 2008 at 09:23.
Old 3rd November 2008, 09:31   #3718
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Wrong again.
Read stuff in the following article again.
Ron Dennis:
"Well, that was a really tough race,” said team boss Ron Dennis. “We never pushed hard, we never did anything silly, but of course the late rain made things extraordinarily tense. Even so, even when Sebastian got past Lewis, we never gave up, and Lewis never gave up, because we knew that Timo was on dry tyres."
F1 : Lewis Hamilton, 2008 Formula One World Champion - MCLAREN - F1-Live.com
NOPE! i correctly copy pasted from f1.com.
Below is the link:

The Official Formula 1 Website
Old 3rd November 2008, 09:36   #3719
Distinguished - BHPian

My heart goes all out for Massa! Congratulations to him for the brilliant drive in front of his home crowd. They'll celebrate him like he's won the Championship, because I do

Congratulations to Lewis, but the controversy surrounding the Toyota slowdown will never die and it will haunt him.

Heartbroken Massa gracious in defeat: Quote from,

The Official Formula 1 Website

Massa: “We did everything to perfection and we almost managed to pull it off. Then, as I crossed the line, (race engineer) Rob (Smedley) told me that Hamilton had finished fifth and therefore he took the title by one point. Sport is like this and one has to accept that. Congratulations to Lewis: whoever gets the most points deserves the title.”

“I am very proud of the whole team and how much support they have given me during this fantastic season,” he said. “Now we must be happy with what have done, namely bringing home the constructors' title which I know is so important for the team. "

"I can leave Interlagos with my head held high because once again I have won in front of my home crowd and because this is an unforgettable day. Now I want to celebrate with my family, my friends and my team. We deserve it!"

Says it all. These words are true to be out of real Champion!

I wonder what LH would have said? "My Team didn't support me blah blah blah. They supported Driver 2 blah blah blah. The Car was not at it's best to drive today blah blah blah". I still can't forget his childish comments in the last season on Mc Laren!
Old 3rd November 2008, 09:38   #3720
Senior - BHPian

Great race.I hope Massa gets another shot at the title in the future.He deserves it.And kudos to him for taking the loss so well.Great sportsman.

Had it been Hamilton,he would have gone and beaten up kubica.lol.thats what hamilton is.Happy when he wins,and a very sour loser when he looses.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed