Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2008, 23:05   #46
Senior - BHPian

Damon Hill comments on Hamilton

Damon Hill - until Sunday's Brazilian Grand Prix at Interlagos, Britain's last F1 World Champion - has tipped his successor Lewis Hamilton to lead the way in years to come.

The 1996 world champion added that Hamilton's triumph would likely produce ripples well beyond F1 – all the way down the racing ladder to the very lowest rungs, where today's young karters are bidding to follow their own dreams and re-create the Stevenage-born ace's outstanding success.

And also

FERRARI Praise Hamilton

Ferrari President Luca di Montezemolo has hailed Lewis Hamilton's Formula One triumph.
Di Montezemolo has graciously accepted Hamilton's success.

Hakkinen also:

Former McLaren World Champion Mika Hakkinen believes Lewis Hamilton can go on to become a Formula One legend and has defended his aggressive style of driving.
Given the number of years over which Hamilton can continue to progress and perhaps dominate the sport, wild predictions of future success have been showered on the youngster since his triumph.

HAMILTON - McLAREN - CHAMPIONS 2008

THE VIDEO OF HOW IT HAPPENED.

Old 4th November 2008, 23:17   #47
BHPian

i feel like killing Timo Glock for slowing down in front of the finish line.. or else it would have been a tie between hamilton and massa..
Old 4th November 2008, 23:17   #48
BHPian

Nice video Dan !!
In fact the capture is from Germany. I can clearly understand what the commentary is !! Maybe this video makes people clear that Glock was struggling to hold on in the racing line when Lewis overtook him !!

Last edited by rranjith_kum : 4th November 2008 at 23:19.
Old 4th November 2008, 23:46   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suped99 View Post
i feel like killing Timo Glock for slowing down in front of the finish line.. or else it would have been a tie between hamilton and massa..

Tie only in points. Since points level. The title goes down to most wins, If thats a tie then it goes to most 2nd place finishes and so on. So a Tie is really impossible.

Last edited by danlalan : 4th November 2008 at 23:47.
Old 5th November 2008, 00:29   #50
BHPian

Dan, that was the most nerve racking time of my life so far! It's only our wonderful commentators on Star Sports who missed the fact that Lewis passed Glock. I say that because as I watched them on the last lap I was hoping he would pass Vettel and then I saw him pass a Toyota but because the commentators said nothing, I assumed it was trulli...until the little results indicator showed up on the top left hand corner of the screen. Life resumed again

Thanks for the video. I'm going to save that and watch it over and over.
Old 5th November 2008, 00:47   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartikkumar View Post
Dan, that was the most nerve racking time of my life so far! It's only our wonderful commentators on Star Sports who missed the fact that Lewis passed Glock. I say that because as I watched them on the last lap I was hoping he would pass Vettel and then I saw him pass a Toyota but because the commentators said nothing, I assumed it was trulli...until the little results indicator showed up on the top left hand corner of the screen. Life resumed again

Thanks for the video. I'm going to save that and watch it over and over.
Hey,

Same here. Was almost in shock. But when Hamilton's McLAREN went over the finish line and the commentator told us that lewis hamilton is CHAMPION! I went mad. Beat up my brother(Ferrari Fan) to take out my frustration. Started shouting and yelling..screaming...BAnging tables& chairs all over the place. It was a crazy few minutes.
Only wished there were more FERRARI fans there!
Dam i can go on for weeks and weeks.

F-50 Just wait till i meet you.

Hey video's on you-tube.
Old 5th November 2008, 01:08   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
Beat up my brother(Ferrari Fan) to take out my frustration. Started shouting and yelling..screaming...BAnging tables& chairs all over the place. It was a crazy few minutes.
Only wished there were more FERRARI fans there!
Dam i can go on for weeks and weeks.

F-50 Just wait till i meet you.

Hey video's on you-tube.
tell you what, I think you should start a thread to insult Ferrari fans, especially the ones that are really sore losers! I mean, had Massa won (hypothetically speaking) we wouldn't be cursing Kubica for overtaking Lewis or complaining that Glock deliberately got in Lewis' way, would we now?

And for those of the tifosi that read this post of mine, I would like to make it abundantly clear that this is said in a lighter vein. Kindly do not take off on me or McLaren as you would most certainly be tempted to do.
Old 5th November 2008, 08:07   #53
BHPian

All of you are WRONG!! Poor Glock just wanted an invite to Hamilton's new years bash with the Pussycat Dolls
He even waited till Hamilton got out of his car to shake his hand
Old 5th November 2008, 09:43   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartikkumar View Post
tell you what, I think you should start a thread to insult Ferrari fans, especially the ones that are really sore losers! I mean, had Massa won (hypothetically speaking) we wouldn't be cursing Kubica for overtaking Lewis or complaining that Glock deliberately got in Lewis' way, would we now?

And for those of the tifosi that read this post of mine, I would like to make it abundantly clear that this is said in a lighter vein. Kindly do not take off on me or McLaren as you would most certainly be tempted to do.
Karthick kumar you are 100 % correct none of the fans would have been arguing like that in fact we will be looking forward for the next season some vengeance.
Dan you start a thread like that it will be awesome but I think none us are that much bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitronium View Post
All of you are WRONG!! Poor Glock just wanted an invite to Hamilton's new years bash with the Pussycat Dolls
He even waited till Hamilton got out of his car to shake his hand
it nice to see, I am just wondering whether all the Ferrari fans are lawyers or what ?

PS Nitronium dont take it seriously please its just a small comment I am not directing anything personally. I am sorry if I hurt you people but I am sick of things that are stirring up.

Last edited by rranjith_kum : 5th November 2008 at 09:56.
Old 5th November 2008, 10:44   #55
Senior - BHPian

What is this hallaboo all about? Mr. Loud Mouth of 2008 won the WDC in nail-biting finish. Notwithstanding all "ifs and buts", Lewis Hamilton is WDC of 2008. Period.

Let's move on. I am staunch MS fan and do think that Hamilton has been Mr. LoudMouth this year, but I still like his aggressive (rash?) driving style. Just like, I don't like a bit of "Cry Baby" Alonso, but have to agree that he is one of the top 3 drivers on circuit today.

I never thought Massa is as good driver as others, may be since he completely got overshadowed by MS in early part of his career. But, he seems to have become far better driver in 2008.

For 2009, I hope, that sleeping bugger Kimi gets out of hibernation at once and Alonso/Vettel duo gets better cars. If it does, 2009 is going to be one of the most exciting F1 seasons.
Old 5th November 2008, 11:09   #56
Team-BHP Support

Yep. Let's not get this thread into "bashing other teams and drivers mode".
Congratulations to Hamilton for winning the 2008 Championship. Now let's move on and hope for a nail biting 2009.
Old 5th November 2008, 16:44   #57
BHPian

Didn't get to see the race, but read about it on the net.
to Lewis Hamilton. That was a great year and he deserved it.
Hope he keeps the racing fraternity entertained with his aggressive driving
This is a Ferrari fan talking!

Thanks Danlalan for the video link.
Old 5th November 2008, 16:59   #58
Senior - BHPian

I missed the race too.
For those who missed it, try scheduling a "lunch meeting" at 12PM on star sports tomorrow.
Old 5th November 2008, 17:21   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
I missed the race too.
For those who missed it, try scheduling a "lunch meeting" at 12PM on star sports tomorrow.
Thanks for the tip, mahendra. Will do just that.
Old 5th November 2008, 20:30   #60
BHPian

Was a faboulous race till the end.With all the bad luck last year, lewis deserved that little bit of good this year especially after working so hard all throughout the season.Everyones talking about how he dint deserve to win cause of just this last race where he got a lil lucky, but not about how hard he worked to get all those points and be at a position to win the title which i feel is totally unfair.Mclaren Rulzz.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks