Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2008, 22:13   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujaylahiri View Post
I don't know if you actually watched the race properly, but looking at the lap times for dry and wet weather tires, it was pretty straight forward.
I don't know if you watched the actual pass properly, there was no fight..Glock seemed to just lift, pull to the side and let Hamilton go by. Nobody gives up like that at the last corner of a race. A racer will fight for his position come what may. Have you seen how Alonso defends his position even when a fast car is behind him.
Old 3rd November 2008, 22:41   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
I don't know if you watched the actual pass properly, there was no fight..Glock seemed to just lift, pull to the side and let Hamilton go by. Nobody gives up like that at the last corner of a race. A racer will fight for his position come what may. Have you seen how Alonso defends his position even when a fast car is behind him.
I did not see the race and certainly dont want to stir up any controversies but reports are that Glock lost 18 secs to Hammy in the last lap. This loss cannot be explained by tyres alone. There were reports that Glock had a clutch problem right?

Still, we have to give credit to Hamilton. He drove a smart race. This from a Ferrari fan.
Old 3rd November 2008, 23:01   #33
BHPian

I am a die-hard Tifosi and so dearly wanted Massa to take the championship at Interlagos. What an event that would have been?

But, cheers to Hami. He won it fair and square and has been the most consistent performer over the last two years and certainly deserved the championship. What happened to Glock's Toyota would certainly be questioned over and over again. But let us not take the credit away from Hamilton.

I have got to hand it to Massa though. He was very gracious in defeat (if I can call it that) and I believe he has come a long way this year and come out of the shadows of other more illustrious drivers in the Ferrari team (Schumi & Kimi).

Surprisingly, the notoriously biased and fickle Italian press has been kind enough to acknowledge Hami as a deserved champion and been pretty nice to him. Nicely done Massa, Ferrari and all the supporters! Let us gear up for the next year and ensure that we do not commit silly mistakes like this time around.

As much as I hate Alonso, I actually won't mind seeing him in a Ferrari next year because I really don't see the fire in Kimi any more.
Old 3rd November 2008, 23:08   #34
BHPian

Quote:
If you saw Glock right before Vettel and Hami passed him, he was absolutely coasting. I haven't yet heard or read anywhere that his car had a problem, so I have to say I think he was just playing safe with the knowledge that he had a couple of points in the bag and did not want to push his luck any more with slicks in the wet conditions.

That is understandable because Glock hadn't achieved much in the entire year or for that matter Toyota as a team. And he didn't want to look stupid by trying to be a hero and then spin out on the last lap with guaranteed championship points on offer.

My two cents!
Old 3rd November 2008, 23:21   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
Congratulations to Lewis Hamilton on his maiden championship win. Even though Massa won hearts with last race, Hamilton is consistent throughout the season and have won more races, so he is deserving champion.
I've gotta correct you there my friend. Massa outscored Lewis with six wins as compared to Lewis's five. But yes, Lewis was more consistent through the year and had a more reliable car than the Ferrari.
Old 3rd November 2008, 23:21   #36
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations to Lewis Hamilton on his first WDC.
It was a moral victory for Massa. My Heart goes out to him.
Old 3rd November 2008, 23:24   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Well i CLEARLY WATCHED the race and its obvious that GLOCK did put up a fight, HE WAS RUNNING SLICKS
Nobody gives up like that..???
A racer will fight for his position come what may..??

You CLEARLY are not reading all the posts...

GLOCK COMMENTS:

Timo Glock has insisted he did everything he could to keep fifth place in the Brazilian GP.

Glock, the only driver in the top ten who did not stop in the closing stages for intermediate tyres, was caught and passed by Hamilton as he struggled to keep his Toyota on the track.

"I was on dry tyres at the end of the race when it was raining quite badly and it was just impossible on the last lap," he reported afterwards. "I was fighting as hard as I could but it was so difficult to just keep the car on the track and I lost positions right at the end of the lap."

The two Toyotas didn't switch to inters and couldn't get grip on the final lap. The final laps times of Trulli and Glock are separated by 0.069s, and the others did at least 10s better on the last lap.

Is that enough????
Old 3rd November 2008, 23:38   #38
BANNED

For all the Tifosi hardcore guys, no facts will ever be enough.
All the tactics Ferrari or any other team have done to secure their stand/points will be ignored conveniently at this time.
Sad!
Old 3rd November 2008, 23:45   #39
Senior - BHPian

Fellows, let us keep this thread free from discussing controversies etc. This thread is to congratulate Hamilton on winning the WDC. Everything else like Glock and other things can be discussed in the other F1 thread. Please refrain from flaming remarks on any driver in this thread.

Thanks
Old 4th November 2008, 00:16   #40
BHPian

On a separate note, did anyone else see Nicole Scherzinger from Pussycat Dolls (his girlfriend) cheering and praying for him at the paddock?

What a lucky guy Hamilton is!!
Old 4th November 2008, 01:06   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Is that because his girl friend was praying for him or because his girl friend was a pussycat doll?
Old 4th November 2008, 03:07   #42
BHPian

Wishes to LH.
Ferrari gifted the WDC to LH due to the reliability in their cars. No point in crying after the last race.

Wish we have competing cars in 2009. My heart beats for Kimi & Vettel.
Old 4th November 2008, 09:29   #43
BHPian

Just read on a website that Ron Dennis has promised a rare McLaren road car worth $8 million to LH if he wins three drivers championships for McLaren.

LH has reason enough to go for two more titles and claim the coveted prize .

Source: The Times of India: Latest F1 and other motor racing events, news and updates

Also, Spanish media reports suggest that Alonso will stay put at Renault in season 09.

Story here: Alonso set to stay at Renault next year: Reports*-*News*-*News*-*The Times of India Racing: Latest F1 and other motor racing events, news and updates

Last edited by wanderlustindia : 4th November 2008 at 09:31.
Old 4th November 2008, 10:15   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Is that because his girl friend was praying for him or because his girl friend was a pussycat doll?
Because of the latter.

She is extremely good looking in my opinion.
Old 4th November 2008, 22:49   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujaylahiri View Post
Because of the latter.

She is extremely good looking in my opinion.
Looks apart !!
Mclaren kept everyone very well informed !! She surely grabbed a lot of attention.

I felt a sadistic happiness seeing Sr. Massa, Antonio rejoicing and then realising the real champion.

Most Viewed