Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2008, 12:16   #16
BHPian

What a race. Congrats to him, but i really do feel for Massa. His family was still mid-air when someone told them Hamilton was the Champ. And then the next image was Nicole(drool) jumping around.

Poor Massa, but then this is exactly what Hamilton underwent last season
Old 3rd November 2008, 12:19   #17
Team-BHP Support

I was more than certain who would have started this thread when i saw it on the main page.
Congratulations to LH, the good thing is he may just take it easy with his tongue now as his desperation for the WDC may have been quenched.

manson.

Last edited by manson : 3rd November 2008 at 12:32.
Old 3rd November 2008, 12:23   #18
BHPian

Congrats Hamilton. Everything said and done, it was the points that mattered. Surely, he does (way) better when he is aggressive but yesterday was when better sense prevailed and he did just what is needed. Remember, it takes more than pure agression to be a Champion and thats where I think Hamilton learnt something yesterday compared to last year.

I agree with you Zak, next year is going to be even harder with worthy contenders in additon to Ferrari, so it is only going to get better for us to watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr Godzilla View Post
congrats to hamilton on his win.
but somehow i feel F1 has lost its charm after shumi's exit.
On the contrary, things have just gotten better. Now wait for FIA to spoil the game with their ridiculous ideas (single engine, etc).
Old 3rd November 2008, 12:40   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilver View Post
On the contrary, things have just gotten better. Now wait for FIA to spoil the game with their ridiculous ideas (single engine, etc).
Don't worry mate. FIA has mometarily lost its head or so it seems. Steve Slater did mention before the race yesterday that all the teams have vociferously raised their voice against the idea of having a single engine. God knows what Bernie and his accomplices are smoking these days!

F1 has remained a breeding ground of car manufacturers to showcase the world the utlimate in motor engineering and it should remain the same in the foreseeable future. Better sense will prevail with FIA eventually, I am sure!

If the last two seasons are any indication, F1 has never been so exciting. Yes, it was exciting to see Schumacher and his super-human driving skills but those were the years when the title was decided in the 10th or 11th race and Ferrari dominating proceedings. Not a very healthy sign for a sport to grow! I will take my hats off to McLaren for posing a serious threat to the Ferrari domination in the last two years. Augurs well for the future of F1. And like I mentioned in the GP prediction thread, throw in Renault, BMW-Sauber and somebody mentioned Toyota as well (I think they have still a season or two before they can stake claim to challenging the big boys!) into the mix and we are seeing a heady cock-tail of ultra - competitive future seasons of F1. F1 was never any better, as long as I can remember.
Old 3rd November 2008, 12:46   #20
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Hamilton!! Not a regular follower of F1 these days, but I caught the last lap on TV. Sad to see the Force India boys still at the back of the grid though. Hope that is something that changes next year.
Old 3rd November 2008, 12:54   #21
BHPian

What A Race!!

That was the most exciting race of the season. What a race !! What a dramatic finish!! Man i was sticking to the TV at the last lap. Congrats to Lewis on such a stunning finish. Disappointment for Massa inspite of a having fabulous season. Cheers to both these fabulous drivers!!!!!
Old 3rd November 2008, 13:35   #22
BANNED

Massa deserved to win the world championship in my opinion.
I too think there was something odd when Hamilton goes from 7th to 5th.

Also I think Alonso is the most complete driver on the F1 circuit right now.
He has managed to win 2 races and finished on podium couple of times despite having a far inferior car to Ferrari & McLaren.
I am sure if he drives for the top team like Ferrari or McLaren he would be pretty hard to beat.
Although he needs to have a look at his attitude and behaviour barring which I strongly believe he is among the best in the business.
Old 3rd November 2008, 14:01   #23
Senior - BHPian

Sad that Massa could not win the championship, but Hamilton is surely a worthy winner, that too at 23. cheers
Old 3rd November 2008, 16:04   #24
BHPian

glock was facing problems on the last curve because of not having changed his tires unlike everyone else. he was more concerned about finishing the race and didn't want to spin out on the last corner.it was a fair victory for hamilton !!!
Old 3rd November 2008, 16:20   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet.fever View Post
Also I think Alonso is the most complete driver on the F1 circuit right now.
He has managed to win 2 races and finished on podium couple of times despite having a far inferior car to Ferrari & McLaren.
I am sure if he drives for the top team like Ferrari or McLaren he would be pretty hard to beat.
Not true. He drove with McLaren last year if i'm right
Old 3rd November 2008, 17:02   #26
BANNED

Hamilton was gifted the championship. Let him be happy with that.

Massa a true champ.
Old 3rd November 2008, 19:25   #27
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations to Lewis Hamilton on his maiden championship win. Even though Massa won hearts with last race, Hamilton is consistent throughout the season and have won more races, so he is deserving champion.

Last edited by RX135 : 3rd November 2008 at 19:27.
Old 3rd November 2008, 19:29   #28
BHPian

Congrats to Hamilton, he is a great guy and truly deserves.
Old 3rd November 2008, 20:11   #29
BHPian

Way to go Hammy! He deserves every bit of it! Kudos to Massa for giving us such a great season! I would have liked Mclaren to win constructors as well though!

Both the drivers were neck to neck this season! Too bad Kimi lost out.
Old 3rd November 2008, 21:35   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
There was something fishy about the way Timo Glock lifted in the last corner and let Hamilton pass. Until then it was Massa all the way.
I don't know if you actually watched the race properly, but looking at the lap times for dry and wet weather tires, it was pretty straight forward.

In the last few laps, Glock and Trulli (on dry tires) were lapping in the 1:44's while Vettel and Hamilton (on wets) who actually managed to get past Glock, were lapping in the 1:26's.

It was a gamble the Toyotas took by not switching to the wet tires when it was raining, and they paid for it dearly.

Had Glock pitted along with the rest of the top 5 running order, he would been safely tucked behind Hamilton and Vettel when he would have come out of the pits. And Hamilton would have comfortably finished 5th after being passed by Vettel for 4th position.

Last edited by sujaylahiri : 3rd November 2008 at 21:36.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks