Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2009, 14:00   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
One another thing Toyota needs to address is poor performance of the chassis on hard tires.

Trulli was on a pole capable car on soft tires and IIRC Vettel was on hard. In addition the Redbull is a non diffuser and non-KERS car so it should be overtakable. Lets face it if there was an Alsonso or a Hamilton in that Toyota they would have celebrated their first win. They are at the point where they have a top car...they need a top driver. I have nothing against Trulli but he's like 36 and is looking tired.

So was Vettel, all were on the soft tires during the first stint. Toyota were the only one to opt for hard tires after the first pit stop, hence the lack of pace during that stint. The Toyota teams says so and its there on autosport.

If and buts dont have a place in F1, If Alonso or Hamilton are so good then they'd win with Force India as well. Its all a conjecture and lets not get into that.
Old 28th April 2009, 20:33   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
If and buts dont have a place in F1, If Alonso or Hamilton are so good then they'd win with Force India as well. Its all a conjecture and lets not get into that.
Its not conjecture but common sense. Toyota car is capable of winning races and now they need a top class driver that can make it happen.
Old 28th April 2009, 20:46   #63
Senior - BHPian

I agree with Mpower.
Cars make a huge difference. That is why Jenson Button has become a hero from a zero that he was in 2008.
Old 28th April 2009, 21:04   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKS View Post
Development cost my friend.
KERS also depends on the max weight that you can put on the car without messing up the overall balnce of the car.
Old 29th April 2009, 02:26   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKS View Post
Development cost my friend.
?? The guy was talking about the effectiveness of KERS around a racetrack, which is pretty obvious, when given in the hands of a brave driver. At no point was anything about the cost discussed. The teams have no right to whine about KERS when they were given ample time to do so. They chose otherwise.
Old 29th April 2009, 06:44   #66
Senior - BHPian

@Mpower, I agree Trulli looks too old to be in F1 and his antic "Trulli Train" has got on my nerves for quite a lot of time. Even in the Bahrain GP which is a wider track with lot of braking points where overtaking is possible he could well build a train.

More than Trulli, I wish it was Rubens who could be sent out. I would rate him the worst loser of this year.
Old 29th April 2009, 11:46   #67
BHPian

I would give Trulli one more year.
My list for to go is

Rubens
Sebastian Bourdais
Nelson Piquet.

When every team fields KERS, there would not be any relative benefit/advantage of KERS. Rather it would be a curse.
Old 29th April 2009, 13:13   #68
BHPian

I am sure Rubens has been a sore loser so far, this year. (atleast in the past 3 races). The way he signalled Piquet when they were fighting for positions, clearly tells the story.
Old 29th April 2009, 15:33   #69
BHPian

Totally agree that Rubens should have gone. It would have been nice to see Senna in the Honda. Maybe he will just hang up his helmet this year. He was out performed by MS and now hes being outperformed by Button. And i totally agree with Rocky - his hand gestures at Piquet, just shows how much frustration there is.
Old 29th April 2009, 17:07   #70
Senior - BHPian

NEWS!!!

Formula 1 complete - all access F1 - FIA Hearing: 3-Race ban for McLaren

The Vodafone McLaren Mercedes team have been given a 3-race ban, suspended for 12 months, for bringing F1 into disrepute by lying to the stewards at the Australian and Malaysian Grands Prix over Lewis Hamilton's incident with Jarno Trulli.

The hearing of the FIA World Motor Sport Council was in Paris on today (Wednesday), where te FIA announced that McLaren had admitted to all offences and demonstrated changes were happening in the team, and has suspended the 3-race ban sentence.
Old 29th April 2009, 17:07   #71
BHPian

Looks like Mclaren will only get a Suspended 3 race ban. Thats good for the sport, it would have been a shame if Mclaren were excluded from the championship. The court said that ban will only apply if further evidence is found or if Mclaren breach anymore codes of conduct.
Old 29th April 2009, 17:14   #72
Senior - BHPian

For the good of Sport how many times would Mclaren cheat and get away with their fake apologies!
Old 29th April 2009, 17:43   #73
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir Taheer View Post
Looks like Mclaren will only get a Suspended 3 race ban. Thats good for the sport, it would have been a shame if Mclaren were excluded from the championship. The court said that ban will only apply if further evidence is found or if Mclaren breach anymore codes of conduct.
Exactly. This is just perfect. Any more would have been too severe and unnecessary. The suspended ban will keep them honest. As it is, in a season when the team is struggling, to be stripped off a 3rd or 4th position must have hurt a lot. And all said an done, the crime is really not too serious.
Old 29th April 2009, 18:00   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
For the good of Sport how many times would Mclaren cheat and get away with their fake apologies!
Did this verdict really surprise you?
When they got away with what they did in 2007,this is nothing
Old 29th April 2009, 20:46   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jraj View Post
Did this verdict really surprise you?
When they got away with what they did in 2007,this is nothing
There were talks that Mercedes would pull out of F1 if McLaren were handed down a harsh penalty. Ron Dennis, Mosley's enemy, resigned so that they would be let off with a light penalty. They fired Dave Ryan. They accepted their mistake unconditionally and were ready for any punishment the FIA would hand out.

Recession time's here, losing more teams every year, especially someone the size of McLaren would hit F1's image very hard. Besides, Honda were handed a 2 race ban for having a lighter car in 2005/6, which is considered cheating/lying too.

I'm not a McLaren fan. Far from it. I dislike their image, the lead driver's attitude, and their fans who will not spare a single change to blame the FIA or Ferrari for their own ineptitude or callousness (like this incident). But FIA did the correct thing by not handing them an overly harsh penalty. All's good in F1 and we can look forward to the next race in Europe with 20 cars on the grid and the promise of 100% commitment from McLaren and their drivers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks