Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2011, 14:20   #406
Senior - BHPian

Re: Updates on the Indian F1 track (Buddh International Circuit)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsCry View Post
I see a lot of questions regarding DSLRs. IMO, you should take them with you. If you get stopped then just pay a bribe. I am sure that DSLR owners are ready to pay a fees to be allowed to use their gems. That's the only way out I see (please don't start some Anna Hazare here).
Sorry my friend, can't help but need to start this.
It is this attitude that is the root cause of the issue. All across the world, DSLRs and even tripods are allowed during F1 races. There are restrictions on where to use the tripod though. Why on earth we should pay bribe for one's right?
Old 28th October 2011, 14:51   #407
BHPian

The first Red flag of Indian F1 was brought on by a Dog! Its time to say "It happens only in India".
A Bolero containing track marshals were trying to chase away a black Dog, but got stuck in Gravel, The Dog's 4x4 system had no such problems. A second time a brown Dog was trying to race Vettel to the end of the race.

I hope they covered dog chasing in the track marshal's training.

Last edited by pb10gagan : 28th October 2011 at 14:52.
Old 28th October 2011, 14:56   #408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Sorry my friend, can't help but need to start this.
It is this attitude that is the root cause of the issue. All across the world, DSLRs and even tripods are allowed during F1 races. There are restrictions on where to use the tripod though. Why on earth we should pay bribe for one's right?
In India the autorities will have problem with everything. Before looking at something as a facility, the authorities will look at it as how much revenue can it bring to their pockets or how much could the population be fleeced. Imagine Food is not allowed in indian airports, Coffee being availble at airports @ RS 50 per cup. COld Frozen Samosa at 50 per piece. Whereas if you go to the Mcdonald outlet at Chicago airport, the price, quality, quantity and taste is on par with the McD outlets outside the airport.

Take an example of Sight seeing / tourist spots in India, any spot anywhere in india, there is a camera entry fee. In US / UK there is no such thing as Camera entry Fee.
Old 28th October 2011, 15:14   #409
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
In India the autorities will have problem with everything. Before looking at something as a facility, the authorities will look at it as how much revenue can it bring to their pockets or how much could the population be fleeced. Imagine Food is not allowed in indian airports, Coffee being availble at airports @ RS 50 per cup. COld Frozen Samosa at 50 per piece. Whereas if you go to the Mcdonald outlet at Chicago airport, the price, quality, quantity and taste is on par with the McD outlets outside the airport.

Take an example of Sight seeing / tourist spots in India, any spot anywhere in india, there is a camera entry fee. In US / UK there is no such thing as Camera entry Fee.

Airports and Tourist spots are controlled by govt, whereas F1 is not. Moreover, just Chicago can't be taken as an example for the rest of the world. In Singapore, airport as well as the F1 circuit, food is equally expensive.

Coming to camera fee, in India the entry fee for most of the govt run places is still very low (for Indians). Most zoos charge about Rs.50-100 per adult. Compare that to Rs.700 one has to pay for Singapore Zoo.

We are going here and let us continue this discussion somewhere else.

- Jag

PS: You still (at-least it was till an year ago) get tea for Rs.10 and samosa for around the same rate at Trivandrum Airport
Old 28th October 2011, 15:36   #410
BHPian

7 and 9 fastest for Sahara Force India. I think its a good, decent performance. VM's aim of podium seems to be a little of a distant dream. The track seems to be an amazing piece of work afterall. I wish we could do away with all the dust, but then again, that might just be the unknown factor that could make or break one's race.
Cant wait for tomorrow's Qualifying!
Old 28th October 2011, 15:43   #411
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Official Joke thread

Only in Indian Gran Prix
Attached Thumbnails
Updates on the Indian F1 track (Buddh International Circuit)-391709_10150354103406395_658151394_8386012_330425444_n.jpg  

Scorcher is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th October 2011, 15:56   #412
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Only in Indian Gran Prix
Oh My God!! When did this happen? This is a big safety issue and I hope that they have taken care of this kind of canine problems. Imagine Vettel and Hamilton fighting on the high-speed straight and a dog comes in between. It'll be a disaster.
Old 28th October 2011, 16:34   #413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtonsing View Post
Adrian and Paul finishing 13 and 14 respectively for Practice Session 1. Good work. I feel pity for Kiran Chandok, he wants to be there so much but he is just not upto speed!!!
His name is Karun Chandhok

Delhi is as much or little polluted as any other metro in India, less than some due to the complete switch over to CNG. The Buddh circuit is after Greater Noida though; that is over 40Kms from Delhi. The main problem is dust, not pollution. And dogs

PS. A colleague told me that the Metallica concert in Palace Grounds BLR may not happen because of a ban on selling liquor there? I don't see the connection, but then in Bangalore lack of liquor is akin to a drought.
Old 28th October 2011, 17:24   #414
BHPian

Thanks for the correction VeluM. The dog incidents were quite funny.

So if the metallica concert is cancelled, what happens to all the tickets? Cancelling because they are not allowing to sell liquor is pointless and I dont think it will happen. In any case, people would be heading there already half drunk - some local bar would serve them and they would then proceed toward the venue - anyway, thats what we used to do in our heydays
Old 28th October 2011, 17:38   #415
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Only in Indian Gran Prix
dang it! missed it totally! did this happen during practice?

i was just telling my F1 crazy friend that so far no cows and dogs to be seen on the track. looks like i spoke too soon!
Old 28th October 2011, 18:47   #416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Oh My God!! When did this happen? This is a big safety issue and I hope that they have taken care of this kind of canine problems. Imagine Vettel and Hamilton fighting on the high-speed straight and a dog comes in between. It'll be a disaster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
dang it! missed it totally! did this happen during practice?

i was just telling my F1 crazy friend that so far no cows and dogs to be seen on the track. looks like i spoke too soon!
This was just before the practice laps began, due to this, the practice was delayed for five minutes

Related articles -
Stray dog gatecrashes India's Formula One party - Sports - Formula One - ibnlive

Indian Grand Prix: The Good, the Dog and the Dusty - India Real Time - WSJ
Old 28th October 2011, 19:05   #417
BHPian

Its not just here. I remember seeing a hare during one of the races at Silverstone
Old 28th October 2011, 19:54   #418
Senior - BHPian

The more I'm looking at the photos of the Dog the more I'm laughing at the irony. Man, that dog has to be given a podium finish along with Vettel and others
Old 28th October 2011, 20:03   #419
Senior - BHPian

the dog is a part of mandatory hurdles to overcome when driving in India.
vivekiny2k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2011, 20:20   #420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Only in Indian Gran Prix
Whats the fuss about?
F1 got inaugurated the Indian style.
Even Bangalore International airport also got the canine blessings before it started.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks