Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2011, 10:36   #331
BHPian

Re: Updates on the Indian F1 track (Buddh International Circuit)

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
What I meant is, not only is the pit-lane exit short, it is bang close to a turn. So, if there's a car leaving the pit and another coming in from the track (highly likely, especially when the diff. between the top cars is in seconds), there's going to be confusion and room for accidents.
with the width of track, it looks fine, seeing the layout the exit is designed way better than Korea for sure and doubt if it will be a problem, if there is, I will have a chance to see it live

Last edited by raj.barcode : 19th October 2011 at 10:37.
Old 19th October 2011, 11:29   #332
Senior - BHPian

Re: Indian Grand Prix track unveiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
Is it the fog season in Delhi? The visbility is not clear.
No, fogy season starts at second half of November. For last few days Delhi and surroundings are witnessing haze due to less wind (pollution, dust) and change in temperature (Day is too hot and Night cold).

Anyway October 30th will be a cracker. Decent (cool and less humid) atmosphere and a superb world class plus track.

Cheers!

Vinu
myavu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2011, 11:31   #333
BHPian

Now BMS is offering a car park with one ticket also. Talk about adopting desperate measures. LOL
Old 19th October 2011, 12:00   #334
Senior - BHPian

Sachin Tendulkar excited about Indian Grand Prix!

Mumbai: Invited for the Indian GP by formula one boss Bernie Ecclestone, Sachin Tendulkar is mighty thrilled to witness yet another race day.

When Sachin Tendulkar was asked in 2004 about the possibility of India hosting a Formula One race in a few years' time, he said, "I hope that it happens because there are plenty of Formula One fans in India. It's a new sport that is picking up very quickly and the new generation is hooked".

The time has come and on October 30, world cricket's biggest draw will witness a historic event in the history of Indian sports as the nation hosts its first Formula One Grand Prix at the Buddh International Circuit in Greater Noida.

"I'm really excited about this event. I was invited by Bernie Ecclestone (Formula One boss) on the last tour of England," Tendulkar told MiD DAY at the Mumbai Cricket Association's Bandra Kurla Complex ground. The batting maestro is recovering from a toe injury that has kept him out of the ongoing India vs England one-day series.

Formula One has been one of Tendulkar's best-loved sports for a while, watching it since 2000. He is delighted for his country's sports-loving public that they now have an opportunity to witness the exhilaration which Formula One lends itself to. "What you see on television is far different from what one sees at the venue," said Tendulkar, who has been to quite a few races. "The noise and speed levels are 15 to 20 per cent greater that what one can imagine... it's great," he said.

He witnessed his first Grand Prix at Silverstone while he was on the 2002 tour to England and met German legend Michael Schumacher the evening before Race Day. In fact, it was Schumacher, who presented him with the keys of the Ferrari car, which is now owned by a businessman from Surat.

"It's a great feeling to be at a race, watch the speeding cars and the turns that the drivers take. Year before last, I had the pleasure of witnessing the British Grand Prix with (Formula One legends) Sir Jackie Stewart and Sir Frank Williams. Just the three of us watched that race together," said Tendulkar.

Some of F1 buff Sachin's visits to the paddock...
* 2008 French GP at the Circuit de Nevers Magny-Cours on June 22, 2008 in Nevers, France.
* 2005 Spanish GP at the Circuit de Catalunya on May 8, 2005 in Barcelona, Spain
* 2004 European GP at the Nurburgring on May 30, 2004 in Nurburg, Germany
* 2002 British GP at the Silverstone Circuit on July 7, 2002 in London, England

Source : Sachin Tendulkar excited about Indian Grand Prix | News | NDTVSports.com

Cheers!

Vinu
Old 19th October 2011, 12:05   #335
BHPian

The circuit is ready and is one of the best in the world as per Narain Karthikeyan. Full news at :

Photos: Buddh Circuit ready for India's date with Formula One - Rediff Sports
Old 19th October 2011, 13:27   #336
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post

Flash News: F1 ticket prices slashed by up to Rs 20K

Which means,

35K Grandstand -- will be -- 15K
6.5K Classic stand -- will be -- 4K
6K Picnic stand -- will be -- 3K

Please correct me if I am wrong here.

-Sajan
O boy,can someone please confirm this.Please
I just checked and i dont see the tickets for sale of Premium stand North,any idea why is it so?
Old 19th October 2011, 14:37   #337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
O boy,can someone please confirm this.Please
I just checked and i dont see the tickets for sale of Premium stand North,any idea why is it so?
Premium stand north was still under construction when I last saw it a less than a week ago. I am not sure if that would be open for bookings this time around.
Old 19th October 2011, 17:40   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
S

Which means,

35K Grandstand -- will be -- 15K
6.5K Classic stand -- will be -- 4K
6K Picnic stand -- will be -- 3K

Please correct me if I am wrong here.

-Sajan
Wrong strategy by the organisers. Next year, people wait for the last hour discount before buying the tickets.
Old 19th October 2011, 18:12   #339
BHPian

Slightly OT, but who is going to be giving up the trophies after the race? It would probably be the easiest to get Sachin Tendulkar give one away considering he will be there. Or then maybe it will just be the politicians?

Would be interesting if it is Sachin though, he will probably get a louder cheer than the winner.
Old 19th October 2011, 19:27   #340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by watfor View Post
Slightly OT, but who is going to be giving up the trophies after the race? It would probably be the easiest to get Sachin Tendulkar give one away considering he will be there. Or then maybe it will just be the politicians?

Would be interesting if it is Sachin though, he will probably get a louder cheer than the winner.
It could be Sanjay Gupta (President of Airtel) - not sure if Sunil Mittal might be interested. I remember Monza 06 - Vodafone was the title sponsor of Monza GP and Arun Sarin was on the diaz to present the winner's trophy. MS was the winner.
Old 19th October 2011, 19:27   #341
BHPian

I don't understand one thing. Some stands don't have seats. What does it mean? We are supposed to stand all the time? And, more importantly, are those stands elevated? I was unable to catch action during Red Bull F1 event at India gate through my eyes and had to catch it through my phone raised in air, even though there were only two row people in front of me.
Old 19th October 2011, 19:53   #342
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr245

It could be Sanjay Gupta (President of Airtel) - not sure if Sunil Mittal might be interested. I remember Monza 06 - Vodafone was the title sponsor of Monza GP and Arun Sarin was on the diaz to present the winner's trophy. MS was the winner.
Sir there is only one person who will give away the trophy.
Only one person.
And I guess you know who that will be.
Sad,really.
ST should,but we know who jaypee will butter up.
Old 19th October 2011, 20:27   #343

Does any have any further info on their camera policies yet? Also have 3 Natural Stand tickets that will be available if someone is interested.
Old 19th October 2011, 21:40   #344
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands

The reduced rates are valid only for RACE DAY and not for Three days

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/10416123.cms

Last edited by Turbanator : 19th October 2011 at 22:04.
Old 19th October 2011, 22:06   #345
Senior - BHPian

It is nice to know that we people also going up to the international level by constructing F1 track. Congratulation and wishes for the grand opening. Let us see our Auto sports drivers like Narain Karthik etc will win here in our track.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks