Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2011, 13:52   #211
BHPian

Re: Updates on the Indian F1 track (Buddh International Circuit)

"Book my show" is offering tickets. I want to buy in the Main Grandstand but cant make a decision on the right block to view it from. they don't have a photo or an approximate view either from any block. Guys could you help me out on this. Which Tier and Which block would be perfect for viewing the start finish and the pit lane?
also formula1.com haven't started ticket sales. Don't know whether they would start selling soon :(
Thanks
Old 25th August 2011, 16:08   #212
BHPian

Any budget hotels to stay nearby the track?
Old 25th August 2011, 20:54   #213
BHPian

Can anyone tell if Dslr is allowed for spectators to carry ?. It is said on terms and conditions that no professional equipment will be allowed. Any one have first hand experience on that ?.
Old 26th August 2011, 13:56   #214
BHPian

guys another question.. Do you think it would be wise to wait till the 1st of september till the circuit is approved and then buy tickets from more reliable sources like formula1.com? or should we just go ahead and pay "book my show". It could be a big gamble if God forbid something goes wrong :P Would formula1.com have the right tickets in the right places or has "book my show" already got the best seats in the house to sell? Opinions please. Thanks
Old 26th August 2011, 14:53   #215
Senior - BHPian

^^ Bookmyshow is the official ticketing partner for the Indian GP. These tickets are perfectly legal and if for any reason the race does not happen, you will get your refund.
Old 26th August 2011, 15:13   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkakkilaya View Post
Can anyone tell if Dslr is allowed for spectators to carry ?. It is said on terms and conditions that no professional equipment will be allowed. Any one have first hand experience on that ?.
These are standard written stipulations that were there for the Malaysian & Singapore Grand Prix as well (in fact, I guess they would be there for all GPs) but no questions were asked of us when we carried in Handycams or Still cameras. If you tried to carry in large Tripods or huge telephoto lens, you could be asking for trouble but they will not stop you from carrying DSLRs, Handycams or P&S cameras.
suman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2011, 17:27   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
These are standard written stipulations that were there for the Malaysian & Singapore Grand Prix as well (in fact, I guess they would be there for all GPs) but no questions were asked of us when we carried in Handycams or Still cameras. If you tried to carry in large Tripods or huge telephoto lens, you could be asking for trouble but they will not stop you from carrying DSLRs, Handycams or P&S cameras.
Thanks buddy. Im planning canon Dslr with a 300mm lens. Now im worried as once taken i cannot keep it anywhere. Another information i need is
1. where do we meet drivers for Autographs ?
2. Are we allowed to move around on practice sessions other than our stands
Old 26th August 2011, 17:37   #218
BHPian

The 2500rs tickets for the natural south stand are sold out. I need one if any one got an extra one willing to sell contact me pm me.
Thanks guys.
Old 27th August 2011, 10:18   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkakkilaya View Post
Thanks buddy. Im planning canon Dslr with a 300mm lens. Now im worried as once taken i cannot keep it anywhere. Another information i need is
1. where do we meet drivers for Autographs ?
2. Are we allowed to move around on practice sessions other than our stands
Just checked with "Book my show". The rep said digicams, mobile cams allowed. I asked about SLR / DSLR, He said NO. :(
as for the other two questions, Pit tours and meeting Drivers might only be for the Paddock Club ( Wish I can get one Pass )
kimianks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2011, 12:31   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishy View Post
Any budget hotels to stay nearby the track?
Ashish, Article in ET, sort of answers your query. Decent properties are all sold out and the ones that aren't are quoting astronomical rates.

Hotel tariffs touch 40,000 a night in Noida and Delhi on F1 rush - The Economic Times

My suggestion is to book whatever you find now at a reasonable price. Don't wait for the best proximity and the best rates.

I'm going to stay at relatives'. Bless them
Old 27th August 2011, 12:52   #221
Senior - BHPian

I think the high end hotels will get booked very easily, and thus the top rates will be very high indeed. A large reason for that is the teams and F1 organisations themselves will be booking probably 3-4 thousand of the best hotel rooms available in the closes possible locations.

Is the Jaypee Group looking to develop some hotels inside the Circuit area itself, at least for the occupation of the people of the teams and race organisers?? I beleive most modern circuits like China and Abu Dhabi have special circuit hotels, part of the circuit infrastructure itself.
Old 28th August 2011, 16:16   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
I beleive most modern circuits like China and Abu Dhabi have special circuit hotels, part of the circuit infrastructure itself.
In Abu Dhabi, there are hotels with in Yas Island, where the Yas circuit is. All of the hotels, excep one are private developments independent of ADMM the owners of Yas Marina Circuit (Cannot see the action within the circuit even from the top most floors).

The Yas hotel which is right in the middle of the Circuit - in the inner circle - is the only one which has excellent views of the race circuit and racing action.

But hold your horses !! during last AUH Formula 1 all the doors to the Balconies of all the rooms that has circuit facing balconies where LOCKED. !!!

The Clout of F1 !!!

So having JP Hotels near the circuit doesn't/may not mean anything except easy commuting to the circuit.

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe
Old 28th August 2011, 16:23   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
So having JP Hotels near the circuit doesn't/may not mean anything except easy commuting to the circuit.
Which is exactly what I was talking about. And communication not so much for the people, but for the large number of team member and organisers who come. I am not talking about a hotel like Yas Hotel in the middle of the circuit, but hotels within the whole JP development around the F1 circuit.
Old 30th August 2011, 00:02   #224
BHPian

Booked a place in Main Grandstand with bus service. Upper tier centre. See u guys there!!
Old 31st August 2011, 10:24   #225
BHPian

Selection of marshals has been intimated to applicants. I got an sms this morning that I need to attend the compulsory training session in Greater Noida on 9th and 10th Sept. This after I had already booked tickets to the race weekend!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks