Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2010, 09:58   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
They're starting the race an hour early than they did, last year. Aren't they?
Yes they are i believe. Race is starting at 4pm local time. Guess bernie is either trying to minimize the damage from those evening thunderstorms or trying to get that damage in time for the european audience to view.
Old 2nd April 2010, 00:19   #17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidmetal99 View Post
Yes they are i believe. Race is starting at 4pm local time. Guess bernie is either trying to minimize the damage from those evening thunderstorms or trying to get that damage in time for the european audience to view.
Q&A with the Legend from F1.com

Formula 1? - The Official F1? Website

Predictions say , RAIN ALL 3 DAYS.

It needs to be seen, weather it will be Fun or a total Washout.
Old 2nd April 2010, 14:37   #18
Senior - BHPian

Expect the unexpected this weekend as well. As long as the rain does not get too heavy, Sepang should be a fun race. Lets hope both Force India cars finish in points and Karun brings his car to the chequered flag.
Old 3rd April 2010, 14:58   #19
Senior - BHPian

1 Webber
2 Rosberg
3 Vettel
4 Sutil
5 Hulkenberg
6 Kubica
7 Barichello
8 Schumacher
9 Kobayashi
10 Liuzi

This is the best chance for RedBulls to claw back lost ground.
The 'rain master' again fails to make any mark and qualifies behind Rosberg.
Old 3rd April 2010, 15:03   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
1 Webber
2 Rosberg
3 Vettel
4 Sutil
5 Hulkenberg
6 Kubica
7 Barichello
8 Schumacher
9 Kobayashi
10 Liuzi

This is the best chance for RedBulls to claw back lost ground.
The 'rain master' again fails to make any mark and qualifies behind Rosberg.
Yup, was sad to see Schumi come 8th in the rain . Was really hoping to see him in the first row for this race.
Old 3rd April 2010, 15:14   #21
BHPian

Sepang

One of the reasons why the Ferraris’ and McLarens goofed up is because some idiot didn’t think it was necessary to put in a "banker" lap and relied too much on the technical "data" regarding to the rains. Going by their recent history its obvious that they have not learnt their lessons.
BUT what that has done is provided us with an excellent opportunity of seeing these cars drive from the back of the grid. If Alonsos and Hamilton’s drives in Australia were anything to go by, we have a stunning race tomorrow, rains or no rains.
Go Macaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
Old 3rd April 2010, 15:34   #22
Senior - BHPian

Interesting qualifying session, eh? Lots of stuff and makes for a nice race tomorrow.

Stupid strategy by Ferrari and McLaren. Why do they feel the need to shoot themselves in the foot like that? And I'm sure Hamilton will be royally pissed off now. There's simply no excuse for a cock-up like that. Particularly since Red-Bull and Merc managed to get it right.

Force India were amazing today! Talk about punching above their weight. I'm really really impressed with these guys. Blocking Kubica from making that move again in the pits.. priceless! I hope that first win comes soon.

Webber made a great call to go on inters at the end. Good job by him. Vettel put in a strong performance too. I hope they get to the end of the race tomorrow and start their championship challenge in full seriousness.

Rosberg beats Schumacher, dare I say, as usual. And again, it was not a close margin either. He was slower in Q1 by three tenths but his best times in Q2 and Q3 were one full second quicker than Schumacher's best efforts.

Kobayashi and Hulkenberg make it to the top ten as well. Pretty cool stuff from those guys. Rookies beating their significantly more experienced teammates. And speaking of rookies, Lotus and Virgin both managing to get into Q2 for the first time (though that's partly due to Ferrari and Macca's idiocy).

Can't wait for the race with the cars so mixed up and the possibility of rain as well.
Old 3rd April 2010, 15:54   #23
BHPian

Ferrari and Mclaren lost out because of their over reliability on forecast and probably by arrogance thinking they can match others time by going late. Nobody was stopping them from doing a banker lap so that they could have been in better place. Ferrari really miss Brawn on the pit wall which is evident from last two years mistakes.

But its going to be an cracker of a race tomorrow and hoping force India do well, with Lotus ahead of Ferrari and Mclaren .

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Interesting qualifying session, eh? Lots of stuff and makes for a nice race tomorrow.

Stupid strategy by Ferrari and McLaren. Why do they feel the need to shoot themselves in the foot like that? And I'm sure Hamilton will be royally pissed off now. There's simply no excuse for a cock-up like that. Particularly since Red-Bull and Merc managed to get it right.

Force India were amazing today! Talk about punching above their weight. I'm really really impressed with these guys. Blocking Kubica from making that move again in the pits.. priceless! I hope that first win comes soon.

Webber made a great call to go on inters at the end. Good job by him. Vettel put in a strong performance too. I hope they get to the end of the race tomorrow and start their championship challenge in full seriousness.

Rosberg beats Schumacher, dare I say, as usual. And again, it was not a close margin either. He was slower in Q1 by three tenths but his best times in Q2 and Q3 were one full second quicker than Schumacher's best efforts.

Kobayashi and Hulkenberg make it to the top ten as well. Pretty cool stuff from those guys. Rookies beating their significantly more experienced teammates. And speaking of rookies, Lotus and Virgin both managing to get into Q2 for the first time (though that's partly due to Ferrari and Macca's idiocy).

Can't wait for the race with the cars so mixed up and the possibility of rain as well.
Old 3rd April 2010, 16:08   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode View Post
Ferrari and Mclaren lost out because of their over reliability on forecast and probably by arrogance thinking they can match others time by going late. Nobody was stopping them from doing a banker lap so that they could have been in better place.
Yeah. Its thoroughly frustrating to see them miss out like that. Particularly since Macca were topping the timesheets in the practice sessions. I hope they get their strategy for the race right.
Old 3rd April 2010, 17:40   #25
Senior - BHPian

So are any Tbhp members travelling to Sepang this year? Any idea if we can look forward to another travelogue on the 01 for 10.
Old 3rd April 2010, 20:18   #26
BANNED

I really liked the way Qualifying went through

In this qualifying what mattered to most was LUCK.

We saw Mclarens and Ferrari's running away. But when it mattered most, they faltered.

I dont say Schumi was bad at all, Although sketchy, those up in 1 & 2 had lot of luck in their favour.

Would be nice to watch tomorrow's race.
Old 3rd April 2010, 23:31   #27
Senior - BHPian

Never expected Ferrari to perform so horribly! Good to see Force India perform well this time. They have an excellent strategy for each race and are reliable cars. I reckon both cars will finish the race tomorrow with at least one in the top 10. I expect Alonso to give us a surprise in tomorrow's race like he did last time. I reckon he'll finish in the points.
As for Schumi, he's still warming up But expect him to finish in the top 5 once the races shift towards Europe.

Last edited by theragingbull : 3rd April 2010 at 23:33.
Old 4th April 2010, 02:06   #28
BHPian

The qualifying was surprising and disappointing to some extent due to rains.
I hope today it doesn't rain during race !

Though, m sure we would see many surprises this time ! ;-)

I would bet on Red Bull's to do well and Hamilton & Ferrari's to come atleast in top 10.

Schumi !! What has happened to you ?
Q2 : No.1 and then... Q3 : No.8 ! :-(
Old 4th April 2010, 14:40   #29
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo45007 View Post
The qualifying was surprising and disappointing to some extent due to rains.
I hope today it doesn't rain during race !

Though, m sure we would see many surprises this time ! ;-)

I would bet on Red Bull's to do well and Hamilton & Ferrari's to come atleast in top 10.

Schumi !! What has happened to you ?
Q2 : No.1 and then... Q3 : No.8 ! :-(

As they say, tough luck again.

Schumi was driving a very inspired race, i really liked the way he started, But as luck would have it He retired, and so did i from the TV.

How unreliable can Mercedes get when they give the legend a car with 4 tyres and 1 loose wheel nut. Thats being irresponsible.
Old 4th April 2010, 15:07   #30
Senior - BHPian

Button just made alonso blow up his engine. NICE Button now smiling ear to ear.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks