Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2010, 15:16   #31
Senior - BHPian

Force India is 5th. Great Finish and nice job Adrian Sutill way to go!
Old 4th April 2010, 15:21   #32
Senior - BHPian

Vettel wins finally

Ferrari must be concerned with their reliability of engine now. They had to change their engine before first race and now a blown engine for Alonso, which i think is because of his overcooked move on Button.

Hamilton must consider himself lucky for getting away with just a warning for excessive weaving in front of Petrov. Any other day, he would have got a drive through for that.

Last edited by SilentEngine : 4th April 2010 at 15:27.
Old 4th April 2010, 15:32   #33
BANNED

Massa Topping the Drivers standings

How does this new points system works, i am really surprised.

Adrian Sutil proved today, he's better than Hamilton, Way to go dude.
Old 4th April 2010, 15:40   #34
Senior - BHPian

What a race for Red-Bull. 1-2 and a perfect warning to their title rivals. Brilliant job from Hammy, Massa to bring the cars to points. Button had a lacklustre race. Agreed that he came into points scoring position but I expected him to block Massa throughout the race.

But Massa had other ideas and outwitted him on the straight even though the McLaren had a better top speed.
Poor Alonso plagued by gear box problems did well to come to 9th but just tried one bit too much than the engine could tolerate and was forced to retire.

Massa leading the title race now; who would have expected that after Hungary 2009.

King Schumi, I doubt is just not having enough juice in him to return to past glory. But he will be a force when Mercedes improve their car's pace. Fingers crossed for that.
I would really love to see him win a race and do his classic jump celebration
Old 4th April 2010, 15:41   #35
Senior - BHPian

Interesting race this was. Vettel finally had luck favoring him and he totally deserved the win! RBR is an amazing team. They always have a good strategy for the race. These guys also do the fastest pitstops @under 4secs! That is pretty quick when the other teams are doing it in 5sec.

Bad luck for Schumi. It thought he'd be in the rankings this time.

The battle for 9th and 10th place between Hamilton and Petrov was very funny! Especially when Hamilton was swaying around to get rid of Petrov from his slipstream and got a warning for that
Old 4th April 2010, 15:42   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Force India is 5th. Great Finish and nice job Adrian Sutill way to go!
Force india is coming along a nice way. Hope to see the indian tri colour being played soon.....if sutil comes first...

any way VM should start looking in the way mercedes is doing german car maker with german drivers.

Any agood F1 drivers here .....
Old 4th April 2010, 15:45   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
Hamilton must consider himself lucky for getting away with just a warning for excessive weaving in front of Petrov. Any other day, he would have got a drive through for that.
That is a very grey rule. It says you cannot change your line more that two times to block but weaving is not the same as blocking. Watch the replays and you'll see that Hamilton initiates the change in direction all four times and Petrov follows. Blocking would be the correct term if Petrov initiated the move and Hamilton then came across to cut him off.

The commentators kept talking about it as if it was clear cut but in reality it wasn't. Petrov was setting up an overtaking move by staying in the tow and Hamilton was breaking the tow. Key word there = setting up. He wasn't getting alongside Hamilton at that point. He was merely trying to stay in the slipstream which would eventually give him the extra speed to pull alongside into turn 1.

The warning that Hamilton received was for excessive weaving but there is no exact rule on how much you're allowed to weave. For instance, Button and Barrichello used to weave quite a bit on the straights last year to warm up their tyres during the race. Of course, they did it when no one was around them.

This move was halfway between a weave and a block which is why he got a warning and not a drive through. I'm glad the stewards took that view instead of the more heavy handed approach we'd have seen last season.

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 4th April 2010 at 15:53.
Old 4th April 2010, 15:50   #38
Senior - BHPian

Massa tops the points charts but all others are on his tail. the season is going good.
Old 4th April 2010, 16:14   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
That is a very grey rule. It says you cannot change your line more that two times to block but weaving is not the same as blocking. Watch the replays and you'll see that Hamilton initiates the change in direction all four times and Petrov follows. Blocking would be the correct term if Petrov initiated the move and Hamilton then came across to cut him off.

The commentators kept talking about it as if it was clear cut but in reality it wasn't. Petrov was setting up an overtaking move by staying in the tow and Hamilton was breaking the tow. Key word there = setting up. He wasn't getting alongside Hamilton at that point. He was merely trying to stay in the slipstream which would eventually give him the extra speed to pull alongside into turn 1.

The warning that Hamilton received was for excessive weaving but there is no exact rule on how much you're allowed to weave. For instance, Button and Barrichello used to weave quite a bit on the straights last year to warm up their tyres during the race. Of course, they did it when no one was around them.

This move was halfway between a weave and a block which is why he got a warning and not a drive through. I'm glad the stewards took that view instead of the more heavy handed approach we'd have seen last season.
As with most of the rules in F1, this rule also depends on how one interprets it. As long as it is applied consistently nobody will complain. So let's see if the stewards are going to be consistent with this rule in future

Normally in racing conditions i don't remember a driver weaving so much when another driver is behind him. What is more common is, is using slipstream to overtake and then immediately the other driver attempts to retake the position back with slipstream.
Actually i was surprised with Petrov's speed to make it a little more harder for Lewis. Sadly he faded away in the race.
Old 4th April 2010, 16:51   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As with most of the rules in F1, this rule also depends on how one interprets it. As long as it is applied consistently nobody will complain. So let's see if the stewards are going to be consistent with this rule in future
Yeah I agree. I've a feeling they'll create a proper rule here just like they did after Spa 2008.
Old 4th April 2010, 18:42   #41
Senior - BHPian

Another race where Mclarens performed not upto the mark..they just didnt have straight line speed to overtake.
Nice to see Nico outnumber Michael Schumacher again.
Old 4th April 2010, 19:01   #42
BHPian

Well done Sutil, for keeping Hamilton at the back.
HRT have really done a good job as they got the least pre-season practice time .

Looks like MSC is in the bunch of unlucky chaps and Ferrari are missing Brawn.
Old 4th April 2010, 19:24   #43
BHPian

'Blocking' Vs 'Weaving'

Quote:
As with most of the rules in F1, this rule also depends on how one interprets it. Normally in racing conditions i don't remember a driver weaving so much when another driver is behind him. What is more common is, is using slipstream to overtake and then immediately the other driver attempts to retake the position back with slipstream.
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Yeah I agree. I've a feeling they'll create a proper rule here just like they did after Spa 2008.
The rule in question - Chapter 4, Article 2b from 'Appendix L' of the 'International Sporting Code':

"Overtaking, according to the circumstances, may be carried out on either the right or the left. However, maneuvers liable to hinder other drivers, such more than one change of direction to defend a position, deliberate crowding of a car beyond the edge of the track or any other abnormal change of direction, are strictly prohibited. Any driver who appears guilty of any of the above offenses will be reported to the stewards of the meeting."

10.04.01_Annexe L 2010.pdf
Old 4th April 2010, 22:46   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Another race where Mclarens performed not upto the mark..they just didnt have straight line speed to overtake.
Nice to see Nico outnumber Michael Schumacher again.
Hahaha. Thats exactly the opposite of what you said. The Mclarens performed pretty good for this race. From 22nd to 5th thats stunning in these times. TIRES TIRES TIRES that the main reason for change of pace.
Button changed his tires on lap 9 so 40 laps later the grip levels were down.

Schumacher, i really wonder what hes doing in F1.
The Ferrari's have it in them but there are stronger teams.
Vettel if luck is by his side, He could well win this years championship.
Old 4th April 2010, 23:02   #45
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
Hahaha. .

Schumacher, i really wonder what hes doing in F1.

Vettel if luck is by his side, He could well win this years championship.

If its vettel its LUCK, why not when its Schumacher. How irrevelant.

Do we expect Schumi to get down dirty tightening wheel nuts for his car every time he races.C'mon guys, Afterall even he's a hardcore racer and luck too plays its part many times.

Agreed he's a LEGEND, but after 4 yrs, making a comeback, 3 races, its not very easy.

Try going to office after 4 months of Holiday.....!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks