Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2010, 19:55   #46
Senior - BHPian

What’s with Red Bulls and suicidal drives? A perfect 1-2 denied because of the arrogance of a 'not willing to learn' young driver. Webber kept his calm in the conference and got some valuable points at the end.

Ferrari must do something to challenge at the front. I personally feel they could do away with the F-Duct and run more downforce since both Massa and Alonso couldnt do much with it. They already have a powerful engine capable of doing speeds and hence should concentrate on getting the grip from the car.

Schumi once again beating Rosberg and being the best of the rest in this race. Only if the Merc GP give him a better car, I really think he could challenge for race wins and the title next season.

Renault and Kubica are making good progress into the front runners. I hope they maintain momentum and make the season interesting.
Canada should be awesome considering it has got loads of opportunity to overtake.

Oops forgot the race winners. Good win for Hammy and a good 1-2 for McLaren.

Bit of dictionary: Fuel Save Mode - Dont do anything stupid and come home with the points AKA Team Orders

Last edited by SchumiFan : 30th May 2010 at 19:59.
Old 30th May 2010, 20:01   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPH View Post
It wasn't Vettel. Webber was not anymore up to the pace of Vettel and therefore Vettel had all the rights to overtake. He was considerably faster and Webber made a crucial mistake.
+1 to that.Webber got what he deserved.Vettel was clearly faster when he made the move.

The only difference between Vettel\Webber battle to the one Hamilton\Button had was that the Mclaren duo gave enough room to each other and continued the battle.

Mclaren seems to be the first team to have caughtup with the Bulls.This season is way open and will finally see some action between 2 equally matched teams at the top.Hope Mercedez and Ferrari too find their groove soon.
Old 30th May 2010, 20:43   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPH View Post
It wasn't Vettel. Webber was not anymore up to the pace of Vettel and therefore Vettel had all the rights to overtake. He was considerably faster and Webber made a crucial mistake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jraj View Post
+1 to that.Webber got what he deserved.Vettel was clearly faster when he made the move.
Was it really Webber's fault ? Since when did having a faster car give you a "right" to overtake ? Webber simply defended his line into the corner. It was Vettel who made the mistake of trying to get back to the racing line before he was really clear...

Old 30th May 2010, 21:02   #49
Senior - BHPian

sad vettel had to retire

Lucky Lewis - His lady luck was dancing backstage too!
Old 30th May 2010, 21:42   #50
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Bullshit. Jenson Button pulled a most underhanded move today. Both cars had been told to save fuel and slow down at that point. It couldn't have been more obvious that McLaren were asking their drivers to hold station. SchumiFan is absolutely right. It is team orders and its there for a very good reason - to not throw away a most wonderful gift from Red Bull.

Do you now realize why everyone at McLaren seemed so subdued despite a 1-2? Button played dirty. Should McLaren have given that order to hold station? Maybe, maybe not. But once you agree not to overtake, you keep that word. Thankfully, the McLaren duo seemed more PR consicous than the blaming pair at Red Bull.

Interestingly, all three top teams now have their drivers with the gloves off. Massa and Alonso already have had their 'incident', now its the RBR and Macca drivers who aren't entirely happy with their teammates anymore.

Undoubtedly Redbulls threw out their positions to Mclarens, who grabbed at the opportunity well enough, that Button and Hamilton incident can be ignored,Thats racing, they did well.

I clearly felt Vettel made a stupid move too fast. Anyways points lost and lost out on constructors standings, which is not good for the team.

But everyone will agree, Redbulls and Mclarens were the fastest on the grid, though Mercedes and Schumi did charge, they were half a minute split apart from the top. Thats bad, Hope Mercedes gives a good car to Schumi to match his pace.
Old 30th May 2010, 21:53   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
Pavan - Exciting race. yes it was. But hamilton's drive was far from phenomenol. I beg to disagree. This was Jenson's race had it not been for team orders. He preserved his car extremely well to push Lewis in the end but after the overtaking attempt I am sure team orders came into play. Only that can explain Jenson's backing off..
Nonsense. Jenson Button pulled a most underhanded move today. Both cars had been told to save fuel and slow down at that point. It couldn't have been more obvious that McLaren were asking their drivers to hold station. SchumiFan is absolutely right. It is team orders and its there for a very good reason - to not throw away a most wonderful gift from Red Bull.

Do you now realize why everyone at McLaren seemed so subdued despite a 1-2? Button played dirty. Should McLaren have given that order to hold station? Maybe, maybe not. But once you agree not to overtake, you keep that word. Thankfully, the McLaren duo seemed more PR consicous than the blaming pair at Red Bull.

Interestingly, all three top teams now have their drivers with the gloves off. Massa and Alonso already have had their 'incident', now its the RBR and Macca drivers who aren't entirely happy with their teammates anymore.

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 30th May 2010 at 21:55.
Old 30th May 2010, 22:12   #52
BHPian

Although Webber had a slower car, it was Vettel's mistake. Vettel could not use the same line and turn in at the next corner at high speed..... it was too early for him to move across Webber.
Old 30th May 2010, 22:25   #53
Senior - BHPian

Interestingly, Webber and Vettel were running different engine settings. It explains why Vettel could get such a clean run in the first place. He knew that was his one and only shot since he too would have to change to fuel conserve mode soon after.

autosport.com - F1 News: Webber in fuel-save mode before crash
Old 30th May 2010, 22:25   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
Was it really Webber's fault ? Since when did having a faster car give you a "right" to overtake ? Webber simply defended his line into the corner. It was Vettel who made the mistake of trying to get back to the racing line before he was really clear...

YouTube - F1 2010 Turkey GP - Red Bull crash

YouTube - F1 Turkey GP 2010 - Vettel & Webber Crash - Red Bull
im_srini,the onboard camera on Webber's car gives an impression that Vettel just turned into him.The onboard camera on Vettel's car would give you a complete different look.

Webber just didnt give any room to Vettel.Thats exactly what Christian Horner said as well 'Both driver's didnt give enough room" and cited Lewis\Button battle as the example.The Mclaren drivers did give enough room for each other.

I am not surprised by what Webber did.He does that regularly always.Watch the incidents involving him in 2009 season and you will know what I am talking about.

But the Redbull incident has clearly overshadowed another battle that is just simmering.Having been told to conserve fuel and that Button too is doing the same,Lewis turned down the revs only to see Button closing him by 1.3 seconds in a single lap and trying to pull an overtake move.That was a very cheap move by Button.Lewis's expression and bodylanguage post the race says it all.

Only the inter team rivalry is giving us some entertainment in this otherwise boring season
Old 30th May 2010, 22:49   #55
BHPian

i have to agree with jraj. Mclaren was Lewis home turf, and to have someone new come and take top spot is an absolute no no for Mr Hamilton. someone better put a lid on this pressure cooker!!
Old 30th May 2010, 22:54   #56
Senior - BHPian

I dont see much of 'left' manouvre from Webber. Vettel already had to go to dirty side to get to the side of Webber and Webber had the racing line and could easily turn in the next corner. Vettel needed that line and cut across. Webber could have given the position but I don't think he was driving his car on a highway to wave his hands and leave him.

Hammy tried the move from right of Vettel and couldn't make it stick and ran wide in the next corner. The same would have happened to Vettel which he obviously didn't want to happen since he would clearly lose two places to the McLarens.

So I guess he tried to intimidate Webber and get his line. Frankly he needs to learn some respect and start driving more responsibly.

Horner is supporting Vettel in the team and I think Webber will do a Button this season if he wins the championship.

Last edited by SchumiFan : 30th May 2010 at 22:57.
Old 30th May 2010, 23:31   #57
BHPian

Interesting video this.

While it appeared first time that Vettel just turned in,this video gives different views.Watching from 3:15 one can see Seb never made any steering adjustment to move right,but the video does show Webber's front wing coming close to Seb's tyres just before the impact.Christian Horner will have a tough time for sure today :-)
Old 30th May 2010, 23:57   #58
Senior - BHPian

Beg to differ jraj. If you see how much steering input Vettel had to give to go to Webber’s left from behind Webber and then during the move to Webber's side again while overtaking, you will find the similarity between them. Vettel gave small amount of inputs and being already close to Webber he cut across and caught his tyres.

Also I don’t understand why did he even consider this move first? Hammy wasn't exactly on his rear wing and was at a comfortable distance to Vettel.

Vettel tried to make much of Webber's fuel save lap and play smart. Instead he made a fool out of himself. He simply isn't comfortable playing second to Webber.

Webber now has to beat Vettel and that 'Egomaniac' Horner. Whitmarsh rightly said that he wouldn't be cuddling Vettel if he had done this in his team.
Old 31st May 2010, 00:03   #59
BHPian

We get the same BBC feed here in Canada on TSN (ESPN) as you guys do on Ten Sports, and it appeared that the commentators seemed to think that it was more Vettel's fault than Webber. Although to me, it's just a racing incident which makes Formula 1 so much fun for all of us.

But look at it this way, had Webber and Vettel finished 1st and 2nd in the race, they would have had only a 7 point differential between them, as they were jointly leading the WDC before. Now Webber has a 15 point lead over Vettel who was his biggest threat and is still leading the World Championship.

And a great fight between the two McLarens as well. You never got to see much of that during Schumacher's Ferrari days, since the racing order was always pretty much decided even before the start.
Old 31st May 2010, 00:18   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujaylahiri View Post

And a great fight between the two McLarens as well. You never got to see much of that during Schumacher's Ferrari days, since the racing order was always pretty much decided even before the start.
I think we can leave out Schumi out of this. He has quietly sneaked max points that was possible this weekend.

McLaren's story will come out in a few days time and if Button manages to do the same again I dont think Hammy will take it too kindly. It was a dirty move when Hammy and Button have been clearly told to save fuel and not race.

Last edited by SchumiFan : 31st May 2010 at 00:20.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks