Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2011, 14:22   #31
BHPian

Re: Petrol power – My Silver Skoda Laura TSI (and a comparo with the 1st gen Corolla)

Hi Santosh ,
Congrats on the new acquisition.I keep trawling the forums for Laura TSI threads and feel happy when I see one.Picked up mine in Jan 2011 and didnt realise then that I was fortunate get all the features now discontinued. In any case I bought her for the wonderful "beast under the hood" (and a hidden one at that).

Can you tell me what the sunfilms cost? ( Am asking anyway).Will they work in the Hyderabad summers as well? (
Old 18th July 2011, 15:48   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Petrol power – My Silver Skoda Laura TSI (and a comparo with the 1st gen Corolla)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallya_2010 View Post
Hi Santosh ,
Congrats on the new acquisition.I keep trawling the forums for Laura TSI threads and feel happy when I see one.Picked up mine in Jan 2011 and didnt realise then that I was fortunate get all the features now discontinued. In any case I bought her for the wonderful "beast under the hood" (and a hidden one at that).

Can you tell me what the sunfilms cost? ( Am asking anyway).Will they work in the Hyderabad summers as well? (
Thanks. You sure are lucky to get all those useful features in your car. Hope you are enjoying your ride.

You can check my post here for the sun films cost. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post2421957.
Old 18th July 2011, 17:35   #33
BHPian

Thanks for that.Will budget for that later.
Old 19th July 2011, 15:47   #34
BHPian

re: Petrol Power - My Silver Skoda Laura TSI *Update* 30,000 kms & 2nd service completed.

Hi Santosh,

Many congrats on the purchase. Moreover; thank you for a detailed experience. The Skoda Laura TSI is surely muscular and add to that a powerful meat grinder of an engine. Revv Hard. Drive Safe :-)
Old 19th July 2011, 17:25   #35
BHPian

Congrats for your new car. Just a query if you were looking for Passat with TSI, you coul've looked sideways for Superb with the same motor, as laura, mentioned. Also plus point is you have 7 speed DSG and acres of space. Anyways laura TSI is a hell of a car( in right sense) and hope it give you a big smile on longer ownership.
Old 22nd July 2011, 10:20   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
Congrats for your new car. Just a query if you were looking for Passat with TSI, you coul've looked sideways for Superb with the same motor, as laura, mentioned. Also plus point is you have 7 speed DSG and acres of space. Anyways laura TSI is a hell of a car( in right sense) and hope it give you a big smile on longer ownership.
Superb is well.... a superb car but as I mentioned the length of the car was the problem. Parking is a problem near my office. That long passenger cabin just made one feel like a limo driver while driving the car.

Of course these issues would have been common to the Passat as well, though not as much as superb since Passat is not as long as the superb and the cabin too is not a stretched out.

For the self driven, the Laura is more fun to drive than both of these cars. Just that it does not pamper the occupants as much its big brothers. DSG would have been cool though.

Last edited by Santoshbhat : 22nd July 2011 at 10:21. Reason: Typo
Old 26th July 2011, 14:32   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

1000km long drive

Did a Bangalore - Belgaum - Bangalore trip last week. Started from Bangalore at around 8AM. With just one break for breakfast, was able to reach Belgaum (500 kms from B'lore) by 2 PM. The GQ highway from Bangalore to Belgaum is almost completed with just one overbridge incomplete. It is a straight blast from beginning to end. With a fully loaded boot and four passengers on board I expected to drive at sedate speeds. THe MID showed an avg speed of 90 kph for the origin to destination run. The car's high speed stability is just awesome and the TSI motor just delivers phenomenal performance out on these open roads.

Now the sad part. THe 55 litre tank is not sufficient for the 500 km trip when driven flat out. THe low fuel warning lamp lit up about 400 kms on the drive , with a remaining range of 65 kms. Went from full to empty in 5 hours flat. The avg fuel cons as per the MID : 10.20l/100kms. Given that the MID is off by about 10%, the actual FE achieved was a poor 9 kmpl. Not that I am complaining. I certainly did not buy this car for FE. . If driven sanely in the right gear the figures improve dramatically. Figures of 13 ~ 14 kmpl are easily achievable.

Last edited by GTO : 23rd April 2012 at 11:07. Reason: We do NOT allow posts or pictures of speeding on Team-BHP
Old 26th July 2011, 17:13   #38
Senior - BHPian

re: Petrol Power - My Silver Skoda Laura TSI *Update* 30,000 kms & 2nd service completed.

Congrats Santosh. Skoda TSI is an awesome machine. Please upload some interior pics.
Old 26th July 2011, 17:16   #39
buz
BHPian

Re: 1000km long drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
Figures of 13 ~ 14 kmpl are easily achievable.

Agree with Santosh. Had been on a Mahabaleshwar trip from Mumbai this weekend. MID showed FE of about 14 kmpl mostly on the highway. Managed 16 kmpl on the return on the Pune expressway. Even with a 10% error factor, 14.4 kmpl is quite impressive for the engine on the Laura. BTW, did a 0-100 kmph run on Palm beach road in Navi Mumbai (verbal count of 8 seconds ). Pure exhilaration
Old 26th July 2011, 18:15   #40
BHPian

Re: 1000km long drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by buz View Post
Agree with Santosh. Had been on a Mahabaleshwar trip from Mumbai this weekend. MID showed FE of about 14 kmpl mostly on the highway. Managed 16 kmpl on the return on the Pune expressway. Even with a 10% error factor, 14.4 kmpl is quite impressive for the engine on the Laura. BTW, did a 0-100 kmph run on Palm beach road in Navi Mumbai (verbal count of 8 seconds ). Pure exhilaration
Except during the run in period, I could never manage such impressive FE figures on the TSi. You must have a light foot !
For timing 0-100 try the Dynolicious for iTouch or the iPhone. Reasonably accurate when you calibrate it.
Old 28th July 2011, 08:35   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Got chrome exhaust tips

After weeks of follow up, finally managed to get the exhaust tips installed, Attaching some pics along with some shots of the interiors.
Attached Thumbnails
Silver Skoda Laura TSI, 200 BHP & Bilstein Suspension. UPDATE: 70,000 kms up-11.jpg  

Silver Skoda Laura TSI, 200 BHP & Bilstein Suspension. UPDATE: 70,000 kms up-13.jpg  

Silver Skoda Laura TSI, 200 BHP & Bilstein Suspension. UPDATE: 70,000 kms up-14.jpg  

Silver Skoda Laura TSI, 200 BHP & Bilstein Suspension. UPDATE: 70,000 kms up-16.jpg  

Silver Skoda Laura TSI, 200 BHP & Bilstein Suspension. UPDATE: 70,000 kms up-19.jpg  

Silver Skoda Laura TSI, 200 BHP & Bilstein Suspension. UPDATE: 70,000 kms up-22.jpg  

Silver Skoda Laura TSI, 200 BHP & Bilstein Suspension. UPDATE: 70,000 kms up-24.jpg  

Silver Skoda Laura TSI, 200 BHP & Bilstein Suspension. UPDATE: 70,000 kms up-27.jpg  

Silver Skoda Laura TSI, 200 BHP & Bilstein Suspension. UPDATE: 70,000 kms up-29.jpg  

Silver Skoda Laura TSI, 200 BHP & Bilstein Suspension. UPDATE: 70,000 kms up-18.jpg  

Santoshbhat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th July 2011, 09:05   #42
Team-BHP Support

Re: Got chrome exhaust tips

Quote:
After weeks of follow up, finally managed to get the exhaust tips installed, Attaching some pics along with some shots of the interiors.
Thanks Santosh for sharing the photos. The twin exhaust looks awesome!

Are you planning to get leather seats as well?
Old 28th July 2011, 10:54   #43
BHPian

Congrats on the TSI, How many kms have you covered till date?
because i usually see in t-bhp threads that TSI in the initial 2.5k-5k kms it eats up at least 1/2 tank of engine oil. Check before you go for any long drives.
Apart from that its an awesome machine.
Old 28th July 2011, 11:13   #44
BHPian

Quote:
@Santoshbhat - Great pictures. Any Mods planned? A quick query. I see the rear ac vents are pretty broad. Does the third person sitting at the back (center) find it discomforting over a long journey?
Old 28th July 2011, 14:15   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Thanks Santosh for sharing the photos. The twin exhaust looks awesome!

Are you planning to get leather seats as well?
Thanks! No leather seats for my TSI. I love fabric seats .

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj View Post
Congrats on the TSI, How many kms have you covered till date?
because i usually see in t-bhp threads that TSI in the initial 2.5k-5k kms it eats up at least 1/2 tank of engine oil. Check before you go for any long drives.
Apart from that its an awesome machine.
I have kept a constant eye on the Oil level. Was advised by Vinayak Skoda about the high initial oil consumption also. The oil reached close to min at around 2800 kms. Topped up about 750 ml of Shell 5w40.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
@Santoshbhat - Great pictures. Any Mods planned? A quick query. I see the rear ac vents are pretty broad. Does the third person sitting at the back (center) find it discomforting over a long journey?
The Laura is not good at seating five. The centre transmission tunnel is quite high and the rear a/c vents also contribute in making things uncomfortable for the middle passenger. I don't think there will be any more 'mods' on my Laura. The twin exhaust is as far as I can go .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks