Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2011, 17:46   #46
Senior - BHPian

re: Petrol Power - My Silver Skoda Laura TSI *Update* 30,000 kms & 2nd service completed.

Nice pics santosh. IMO you should buy beige colour foot mats as they look better and also it matches with your seats.
Old 28th July 2011, 18:58   #47
BHPian

Re: Petrol power – My Silver Skoda Laura TSI (and a comparo with the 1st gen Corolla)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Nice pics santosh. IMO you should buy beige colour foot mats as they look better and also it matches with your seats.
Hey Santosh, you could also try the transparent ones. I have them in my car and they are quite easy to maintain. Only problem is that the ones I have (given by dealer) don't fit the front footwell correctly and intrude onto accelerator pedal.
bloodred is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2011, 19:15   #48
BHPian

Re: Petrol power – My Silver Skoda Laura TSI (and a comparo with the 1st gen Corolla)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
I have the beige colored floor mats given by the dealer. They look dirty in no time. I like the black ones and would have replaced the beige ones with black. But I am waiting to get 3D Kagu mats for my TSI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodred View Post
Hey Santosh, you could also try the transparent ones. I have them in my car and they are quite easy to maintain. Only problem is that the ones I have (given by dealer) don't fit the front footwell correctly and intrude onto accelerator pedal.
The dealer supplied floor mats do not fit the foot well. You will have to cut them to size to fit around the accelerator pedal. From the pics of Santosh's car, I believe they have been cut too. Am I right Santosh?
Old 29th July 2011, 08:06   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maibaa View Post
I have the beige colored floor mats given by the dealer. They look dirty in no time. I like the black ones and would have replaced the beige ones with black. But I am waiting to get 3D Kagu mats for my TSI.

The dealer supplied floor mats do not fit the foot well. You will have to cut them to size to fit around the accelerator pedal. From the pics of Santosh's car, I believe they have been cut too. Am I right Santosh?
Yep, the black ones are given by the dealer as one of the 'freebies'. They are cut to size (rather shabbily)and look quite shoddy.
3D Kagu mats are on my wishlist as well. Do you know any good shop where I could buy them from? I hear there are lot of duplicates available in the market. I saw an AD for the 3D mats in ACI July issue. They've listed Hot tracks as the exclusive dealers for Bangalore.
Old 29th July 2011, 15:18   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat

Yep, the black ones are given by the dealer as one of the 'freebies'. They are cut to size (rather shabbily)and look quite shoddy.
3D Kagu mats are on my wishlist as well. Do you know any good shop where I could buy them from? I hear there are lot of duplicates available in the market. I saw an AD for the 3D mats in ACI July issue. They've listed Hot tracks as the exclusive dealers for Bangalore.
That's the precise reason why I refused when the dealer asked me if they could cut the mats to fit the footwell. Had a feeling that it would be a shoddy job. Now the mat covers the accelerator pedal but doesn't obstruct in any way.

Even I know only Hot Tracks as the exclusive dealer and a visit to them is pending.

Plus I also have to add leathers too.
Old 11th December 2011, 17:20   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Time for a 10,000 kms report.

The car completed 10,000 kms last week. Its been a total fuss free initial ownership experience so far. About 5,000 kms have been driven on the highway which is way more than what I expected do. The car is so enjoyable on the highway that I have ditched the train/bus for my usual outstation work travel and have been taking the car instead. So much for the "my annual mileage is low, so don't mind buying the petrol" logic . No regrets though. On the highway this car is just motoring nirvana. With Honda Accord beating performance, the TSI is no petrol guzzler. It is as fuel efficient in the city as the Corolla and it even betters the Japanese on the highway.

The car has had absolutely no niggles thus far and is yet to visit the A.S.S. No service yet, since first service is scheduled for 15,000 kms.

Here are my likes and dislikes with the car till date

- Stonking performance coupled with engine refinement.
- Surprisingly fuel effecient such for a powerful car
- Very well balanced ride and handling. (The 16" Michelins playing their part) Straight line stability and high speed composure is simply superb.
- Overall reliability has been as good as the Toyota (so far atleast )
- Super silent engine + good sound insulation + tough build = Very quiet cabin
- Huge boot has proved to be very useful.
- Swing Audio player delivers excellent sound quality.
- Good GC. Rough road package is standard for India which means the underbody is fully covered with a thick metal plate.
- Super build quality. I don't think this car is ever going to develop a rattle.
- Good AC performance. Lauras are known to have a weak AC. But I have had no issues with the AC. The AC is a chiller. I hardly have to set the AC temp to its min. Probably aiding the AC performance are the 3M CR series sunfilms that I have got on all glass areas.

Dislikes
- Rear transmission hump is very uncomfortable for the fifth passenger. It even makes it difficult for the passenger sitting on the right to slide to the left for alighting on busy roads.
- Driver side ORVM is flat. Have fixed an imported convex mirror glass to solve the problem.
- To unlock all doors we need to hit the unlock button on the key fob twice. Can be irritating. Probably fixable thru VAS
- Car does not autolock once on the move. Again fixable thru VAS
- Passengers have no lock switch on the doors from the inside. They have to tell the driver if they want the door locked.
- ICE has no USB option. The steering has no audio control buttons nor does the ICE have a remote control.
- Windscreen tends to fog up on humid days.
Santoshbhat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th December 2011, 18:53   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

^ I Agree with each and every observation you have listed here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
- Windscreen tends to fog up on humid days.
Ask Skoda ASC to fix it at the time of next service. I got it fixed it my car.

Last edited by .anshuman : 11th December 2011 at 18:57.
Old 20th February 2012, 08:41   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

15,000 kms - 1st Service report

My TSI completed 15,000 kms this week. Got the 1st service done at Vinayak Cars' brand new service facility at Okalipuram. Have posted my experience with the service centre here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2686767

The total bill for service came to about Rs. 8,570/-. That includes Castro SLX Professional synthetic oil and other consumables like filters etc... I got WA/WB done outside.

This was my first visit to the service centre in nine months of ownership. I had no faults or issues to report. The car is absolutely rattle or squeak free. In fact this is the reason why I did not even ask them to fix the windscreen fogging issue. I was a little worried about them opening up the dash for that. Bangalore climate is not high in humidity and the fogging issue has not affected me so much.

I cannot believe I have clocked up 15,000 kms in 9 months. My average running with the Corolla was about 10k kms p.a. That gives you an idea how much I have enjoyed driving this machine. I have ditched all other means of transport for my work and have been taking the car instead. Petrol costs be damned!

In these 15,000 kms I have had to top about a litre of oil on two occasions. Once at 3,000 kms and the second time at 8,000 kms. I was given a heads up by the showroom about the oil consumption part. SO I did keep a watch on oil levels via the dipstick and topped up when the oil level was close to the min level. So basically I never let low oil light indicator light up.

So far the car has been super reliable and the ownership experience has been thrilling to say the least.

Got DRL's and 'Autolock' activated
Attached Thumbnails
Silver Skoda Laura TSI, 200 BHP & Bilstein Suspension. UPDATE: 70,000 kms up-dsc01099.jpg  

Santoshbhat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th February 2012, 09:15   #54
Team-BHP Support

Re: 15,000 kms - 1st Service report

Quote:
My TSI completed 15,000 kms this week…

…This was my first visit to the service centre in nine months of ownership.

I had no faults or issues to report. The car is absolutely rattle or squeak free.

I cannot believe I have clocked up 15,000 kms in 9 months.
Good going Santosh! That’s quite a bit of mileage in 9 months. It demonstrates quite high reliability standards.
Do keep updating this thread regularly
Old 21st April 2012, 15:33   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Updating this thread after a while. Basically the is car running like clockwork and have not faced any major or minor issues as I approach completion of one year of ownership. THe first free service was done and dusted at 15000 kms and was a fairly pleasant experience.

Quite a few Laura TSI owners have posted FE figures which are impressive for a 160 Bhp petrol car. Most of the posted figures being achieved when the car was driven sedately or for economy. Now if you are wondering how fuel efficient this beast is when driven flat out, see what I achieved on a recent trip below.

Distance covered : 330 Kms (First 10 kms bumper to bumper Bangalore city traffic, next 20 kms steady crusie at 80 kmh to avoid being caught by the 'Interceptor' . Rest of the journey, four lane highway, flat out, at unmentionable speeds)
Time Taken : 3hrs 40 mins
Avg Speed : 90 Km/h
Fuel consumption : 8.1L/ 100kms ~ 12.34 kmpl . (As per MID)
AC : 100% on
Time of day : Midday in the peak of summer.
Load : 3 passengers and about 3 medium sized suitcases in the boot

Factoring an optimistic MID which is generally off by about 8~10%, you can say the overall FE acheived was about 11.25 kmpl.
Basically I am delighted that this machine is not a petrol guzzler unlike other performance petrol engines.

My experience shows that the FE on the highway follows the foll. pattern

Drive at steady 80~ 90 kph : 17~18 kmpl
100~ 120 kph : 15 kmpl
120 ~ 140 kph : 13 kmpl
All full load with AC.
Attached Thumbnails
Silver Skoda Laura TSI, 200 BHP & Bilstein Suspension. UPDATE: 70,000 kms up-imag0064.jpg  

Silver Skoda Laura TSI, 200 BHP & Bilstein Suspension. UPDATE: 70,000 kms up-imag0065.jpg  

Silver Skoda Laura TSI, 200 BHP & Bilstein Suspension. UPDATE: 70,000 kms up-imag0066.jpg  

Silver Skoda Laura TSI, 200 BHP & Bilstein Suspension. UPDATE: 70,000 kms up-imag0067.jpg  

Last edited by Santoshbhat : 21st April 2012 at 15:40.
Santoshbhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2012, 18:54   #56
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Re: Got chrome exhaust tips

Hi Those Silver tips look great as does your Silver car!
It is true that these understatedly elegant European shapes look best in Silver. (As an aside, Silver was always the historically important racing colour of Mercedes Benz!)
I got similar Silver tips for my Yeti but from an aftermarket place in Koramangala.
A 5 minute job to bolt them on and they fit perfectly taking into account the downward curve on the Skoda Yeti/ Laura exhaust pipes.
Where did you get them from if you dont mind my asking.

Quote:
After weeks of follow up, finally managed to get the exhaust tips installed, Attaching some pics along with some shots of the interiors.
Old 21st April 2012, 20:47   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat

Distance covered : 330 Kms (First 10 kms bumper to bumper Bangalore city traffic, next 20 kms steady crusie at 80 kmh to avoid being caught by the 'Interceptor' . Rest of the journey, four lane highway, flat out, at unmentionable speeds)
Time Taken : 3hrs 40 mins
Avg Speed : 90 Km/h
Fuel consumption : 8.1L/ 100kms ~ 12.34 kmpl . (As per MID)
AC : 100% on
Time of day : Midday in the peak of summer.
Load : 3 passengers and about 3 medium sized suitcases in the boot

Factoring an optimistic MID which is generally off by about 8~10%, you can say the overall FE acheived was about 11.25 kmpl.
Basically I am delighted that this machine is not a petrol guzzler unlike Thoseother performance petrol engines.

My experience shows that the FE on the highway follows the foll. pattern

Drive at steady 80~ 90 kph : 17~18 kmpl
100~ 120 kph : 15 kmpl
120 ~ 140 kph : 13 kmpl
All full load with AC.
Those FE figures are very impressive for an 160 bhp motor.
On my recent trip to delhi, my swift D delivered an avg FE of 17.86 kmpl.
I was driving at speeds of 120 - 140 kmph.
Thanks for sharing the FE figures.

Last edited by F150 : 21st April 2012 at 20:52.
Old 22nd April 2012, 08:48   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Got chrome exhaust tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Hi Those Silver tips look great as does your Silver car!
It is true that these understatedly elegant European shapes look best in Silver. (As an aside, Silver was always the historically important racing colour of Mercedes Benz!)
I got similar Silver tips for my Yeti but from an aftermarket place in Koramangala.
A 5 minute job to bolt them on and they fit perfectly taking into account the downward curve on the Skoda Yeti/ Laura exhaust pipes.
Where did you get them from if you dont mind my asking.
Thanks Shankar. I got these silver tips installed at Vinayak Skoda service centre. These are OE accesories which fit the Laura and the Superb. IIRC cost me about 1800 bucks. They cut some portion of the tail pipe and gas welded these tips on to them. The tail pipes on the Laura TSI do not bend down and are straight , unlike the pipes on the TDI. I am surprised that you were able to get aftermarket tips that were easily bolted on, whereas mine despite being OE were quite cumbersome to install.
Old 22nd April 2012, 09:11   #59
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Yes I guess I was rather lucky to find these in that shop the day I went there. I would not have installed them at all had it involved cutting and welding etc. These particular tips were very easy to bolt on and seal. One they were mounted it looked exactly as if they actually belonged there in the first place!
I haven't done any other mods except to put on some of those door brush guards in muted silver, which blend perfectly with the overall vehicle. Of course I have chucked out the free mats the dealer gave me in favor of those lovely Kagu 3D ones. But to me, the Yeti is perfect the way it is, no need to modify anything at all.
Looking through the accessories brochures of Skoda worldwide I just cannot understand why the Skoda chaps in India are neglecting this very important and lucrative business here.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 22nd April 2012 at 09:13.
Old 22nd April 2012, 14:22   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
^ I Agree with each and every observation you have listed here.

Ask Skoda ASC to fix it at the time of next service. I got it fixed it my car.
Hi Anshuman,

What did they do to remove the problem.

I have a Superb, in Mumbai, which is facing this problem.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks