Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2011, 13:22   #211
BHPian

Re: XUV-500 .The Mamba .. First Ownership Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
I must say Mannubhai, your Mamba looks stunning here. I love the stance and the vibe you get when you look at it. And the Live-To-Drive sticker looks fantastic. But I will say it again Sir, your Mamba needs beefier shoes.

In my opinion, I believe that the XUV-500 looks best in black and with some nice aftermarket wheels and chunky tyres. Boy, that would blow your mind when you see it on the road. And it will happen sooner rather than later, I'm hoping.
Plssssssss dont motivate me , pls dont :(

I went to India Garage today morning for a tyre replacement. As they were doing it, couldnt resist to check the sporty alloy again. Had to force myself out of the temptation from buying it. Im walking the thread , u see . Having said that, i know i need to change . I hope soon

They have around 7 XUVs ready to be delivered. It looked like a color color game out there. Green/black/red/white all ready to be driven out .
Old 12th December 2011, 12:05   #212
BHPian

Update :

The Mamba is at 3400 ODO. Would complete 2 months soon.

Yesterday got the Sun Control films done at 3M car care centre at Dollars Colony.

Put a C5 film. Pretty dark, but the car suddenly looks different and got a beastly stance

Wil post pics .
Old 14th December 2011, 13:23   #213
Senior - BHPian

congrats for your mamba @mannubhai, really loved the black color, i am also planning to book a XUV W8 2WD model once the booking gets opened in January, small confusion might arise with safari merlin chipping in
Old 14th December 2011, 15:06   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post
Update :

The Mamba is at 3400 ODO. Would complete 2 months soon.

Yesterday got the Sun Control films done at 3M car care centre at Dollars Colony.

Put a C5 film. Pretty dark, but the car suddenly looks different and got a beastly stance

Wil post pics .
The XUV looks great in Black. Congratulations.

Just one question: Have you observed any niggles or any weird "sounds". I'm a prospective customer and that's the only thing holding me. Mahindra's older cars aren't exactly known for being niggle free.
Old 14th December 2011, 16:39   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
congrats for your mamba @mannubhai, really loved the black color, i am also planning to book a XUV W8 2WD model once the booking gets opened in January, small confusion might arise with safari merlin chipping in
Thank You.
I would for sure recommend the XUV. No qualms against a tata car having driven one for long 6 years. But xuv is a good buy and VFM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
The XUV looks great in Black. Congratulations.

Just one question: Have you observed any niggles or any weird "sounds". I'm a prospective customer and that's the only thing holding me. Mahindra's older cars aren't exactly known for being niggle free.
Thank you..

I have not come across weird sounds and unidentifyable noises yet. Its running smooth with out any issues. The only big niggle for me is that the clutch is a tad tight for my usage. It was smoothened, but not to my satisfaction yet. It needs another visit to the ASC.
Old 16th December 2011, 15:39   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Thank You.
I would for sure recommend the XUV. No qualms against a tata car having driven one for long 6 years. But xuv is a good buy and VFM.

Thank you..

I have not come across weird sounds and unidentifyable noises yet. Its running smooth with out any issues. The only big niggle for me is that the clutch is a tad tight for my usage. It was smoothened, but not to my satisfaction yet. It needs another visit to the ASC.
Mannubhai, how good is the dead clutch in the XUV. From the pics, it appears that it is pretty narrow and any person with a big foot may have problem resting his foot on the dead clutch. What is your experience on this?
Old 19th December 2011, 11:32   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamishra View Post
Mannubhai, how good is the dead clutch in the XUV. From the pics, it appears that it is pretty narrow and any person with a big foot may have problem resting his foot on the dead clutch. What is your experience on this?
Dead pedal is good . its spacious too.Im 6 ft and big footed too :P

Worry is that, the rubber mats which i bought with the xuv, whic are branded ones , are a misfit. With these mats , the dead pedal becomes useless.
Old 19th December 2011, 16:51   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Dead pedal is good . its spacious too.Im 6 ft and big footed too :P

Worry is that, the rubber mats which i bought with the xuv, whic are branded ones , are a misfit. With these mats , the dead pedal becomes useless.
Did you get plain black rubber mats or the designer ones. I am asking coz I got the latter ones and they don't fold on the dead pedal. Also they have been cleanly cut for the last row seats to fold/unfold.

Only problem i am facing with the mat is on the drivers side mat, it is not possible to harness it, and it keeps moving a bit, not much, but annoying anyway.
Old 19th December 2011, 17:38   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo View Post
Did you get plain black rubber mats or the designer ones. I am asking coz I got the latter ones and they don't fold on the dead pedal. Also they have been cleanly cut for the last row seats to fold/unfold.

Only problem i am facing with the mat is on the drivers side mat, it is not possible to harness it, and it keeps moving a bit, not much, but annoying anyway.
I have got the xuv 500 branded ones. They are not cut. I have mailed for a change of these mats. Lets see
Old 19th December 2011, 18:59   #220
BHPian

Congratulations!!!

The black XUV looks awemsome. Wish you many miles of safe and happy driving.
Old 2nd January 2012, 19:25   #221
BHPian

Hi Mannubhai, it's been almost month and half since you have been driving the mamba. Hope all your initial niggles are sorted out. Would you mind sharing improvement in the 'clutch' performance / heaviness (I was told that diesel clutches usually improve after run-in period)? Thanks in advance and all the best!
Old 3rd January 2012, 13:59   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smopuri View Post
Hi Mannubhai, it's been almost month and half since you have been driving the mamba. Hope all your initial niggles are sorted out. Would you mind sharing improvement in the 'clutch' performance / heaviness (I was told that diesel clutches usually improve after run-in period)? Thanks in advance and all the best!
After having driven diesels for quiet a few years, I can say that the clutches do not improve (you need to have them adjusted at regular intervals for play) but after a time you get adjusted to the quirky clutches
m_upreti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2012, 14:46   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry1983 View Post
Congratulations!!!

The black XUV looks awemsome. Wish you many miles of safe and happy driving.
Thanks Harry

Quote:
Originally Posted by smopuri View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
After having driven diesels for quiet a few years, I can say that the clutches do not improve (you need to have them adjusted at regular intervals for play) but after a time you get adjusted to the quirky clutches
Clutch is tight to my liking. But as m_upreti says, you will end up getting adjusted to its play. Yes, I do wish it was far more friendly to my knees, but it is not too bothersome.
mannubhai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2012, 15:08   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Clutch is tight to my liking. But as m_upreti says, you will end up getting adjusted to its play. Yes, I do wish it was far more friendly to my knees, but it is not too bothersome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Thanks for your feedback. I took xuv test drives 3 times (different vehicles) and the clutches on each one felt different. But all of them were definitely harder than my Esteem clutch (not a fair comparison, right ). But I guess one gets used to that (or should get used to that). I even felt Innova clutch to be slightly on the harder side (but not as hard as xuv in my view).
Old 3rd January 2012, 21:22   #225
BHPian

Mannubhai, since you have been using the XUV for quite a while, can you please share how much mileage you are getting? Also how accurate is the mileage display on the infoscreen?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks