Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2011, 09:55   #166

Re: XUV-500 .The Mamba .. First Ownership Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitbagai View Post
The calculation should be in Lts terms. 600km with average consumption of 9.9L/Kmpl means 60.6 Ltrs diesel consumed. Total Kms 1900 with avr of 13 means 146.15 Lts used in total. So the total diesel Lts consumed during this long trip = 146.15-60.6=85.55 Ltrs for a distance of 1300 KM and 1300/85.55= 15.2 !! Nice highway mileage !!
You are right, my mistake . The formula should have been (600 / 9.9 + 1300 / Highwaymileage = 1900 / 13). And 15.2 is an excellent highway average (before 1st service and with 160+ speeds on certain sections).
Old 14th November 2011, 16:54   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
I agree, black looks the best, but sadly we dont buy black cars in our family, my parents think it brings bad omen. I also like black because it comes with beige interiors & I like that over the black interiors in the XUV. Also, black tends to hide the overdone detailing in the bumper. Overall, perfect colour for the XUV.

I also agree that silver looks dull, just a personal opinion.

I like green followed by red, but again parents hate that colour! they say red is too in-your-face! I also feel red is a sporty colour & more apt for hatches & sedans than SUVs.

So, I am left with white & grey. Though I love grey, it comes with black interiors & as said, I prefer want beige interiors. Thankfully, white comes with beige interiors. but white makes the overdone bumper apparent!

End result - Confused!
Exactly same issue is with me - I would prefer a beige interior. Only options left are Black & White. Black though, is a high maintenance.

However, I would have preferred Grey. But, it doesn't come with beige interiors.
Can we ask M&M to provide us the choice of our interior color scheme. I assume that it can be a way too much customization. Isn't it ?
Old 17th November 2011, 13:49   #168
BHPian

The RM concept is pretty awesome. I hope they maintain this the same way for long.

I had a tyre puncture. It cracked on the side. Surprising, as i wasnt doing any hard bad road driving.

It was taken to the showroom just to check if they can suggest me a place where i can take it, cos it was just 2300 kms of driving, and i wanted to give an earfull to JK tyres.

In no time, i got a call from the RM asking what happened . From the showroom someone intimated him and he followed up with me from the service station. My SE also called to check on the issue seperately.

The RM wanted a snap of the tyre and he promised to get it checked. Issue is Im unable to go to the ASC which is in whitefield.

Impressed by the Customer care initiative of M&M .
mannubhai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2011, 16:03   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post
I had a tyre puncture. It cracked on the side. Surprising, as i wasnt doing any hard bad road driving.

It was taken to the showroom just to check if they can suggest me a place where i can take it, cos it was just 2300 kms of driving, and i wanted to give an earfull to JK tyres.

In no time, i got a call from the RM asking what happened . From the showroom someone intimated him and he followed up with me from the service station. My SE also called to check on the issue seperately.

The RM wanted a snap of the tyre and he promised to get it checked. Issue is Im unable to go to the ASC which is in whitefield.

All this just for a tyre puncture? Really impressive. As you said, hope they continue this for a long time to come.
Old 17th November 2011, 16:42   #170
BHPian

Quote:
The RM concept is pretty awesome. I hope they maintain this the same way for long.

Aren't the tyres in XUV are tubeless ?
I mean, they are always less punture prone !
Old 17th November 2011, 16:46   #171
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenchhillar View Post
Most 4 lakh+ cars in India come with tubeless tires now, and XUV is no exception. That said, I have had extremely bad experience with JK tires. on my safari. I would stay away from them at all costs. However, many mfrs put JK tires as standard, so you are stuck with them till they wear out or crack.
Old 17th November 2011, 16:55   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenchhillar View Post
They are tubeless. And honestly Im surprised by the puncture and the level of it. The side of the tyre has cracked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Most 4 lakh+ cars in India come with tubeless tires now, and XUV is no exception. That said, I have had extremely bad experience with JK tires. on my safari. I would stay away from them at all costs. However, many mfrs put JK tires as standard, so you are stuck with them till they wear out or crack.
With the XUV you didnt have an option. It was take it or leave it kinds . I heard with Scorp, you can opt for the OE typre, the dealers probably do a swap with the non-insistent owners.
Old 17th November 2011, 17:41   #173
BHPian

Thats the tyre. Its a tear on the side.
Attached Thumbnails
XUV-500 .The Mamba .. First Ownership Thread-img00693201111171721.jpg  

XUV-500 .The Mamba .. First Ownership Thread-img00694201111171721.jpg  

Old 17th November 2011, 21:49   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Thats the tyre. Its a tear on the side.
Did you toudh the curb? but looks like the tire is old? Did you check the date of manufacture on the tyre?
Also thought the OEM were Bridgestone??

Last edited by Gerardfdz : 17th November 2011 at 21:50.
Old 17th November 2011, 23:41   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerardfdz View Post
Did you toudh the curb? but looks like the tire is old? Did you check the date of manufacture on the tyre?
bridgestone are provided in W8 model, all W6 come with JKtyres, i noticed this during my TD.
Old 18th November 2011, 11:13   #176
BHPian

Quote:
They are tubeless. And honestly Im surprised by the puncture and the level of it. The side of the tyre has cracked.

With the XUV you didnt have an option. It was take it or leave it kinds . I heard with Scorp, you can opt for the OE typre, the dealers probably do a swap with the non-insistent owners.
That is correct, with scorp customer was in driving seat. I insisted on bridgestone and refused to take delivery without them and the dealer oblidged. Xuv would sell with whatever tyres :-) JK should be avoided, did you check if you can exchange them for bridgestone and pay for the difference?
Old 18th November 2011, 11:45   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerardfdz View Post
Tyre is new. Just that been in a muddy ride Bith Bridgestone and JK are coming as OEM as im told.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindgrinder View Post
bridgestone are provided in W8 model, all W6 come with JKtyres, i noticed this during my TD.
Im told, its a random OEM selection. Some come with JK others with BS. Not sure though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpWarp View Post
That is correct, with scorp customer was in driving seat. I insisted on bridgestone and refused to take delivery without them and the dealer oblidged. Xuv would sell with whatever tyres :-) JK should be avoided, did you check if you can exchange them for bridgestone and pay for the difference?
Need to check on that now.
Old 18th November 2011, 11:50   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpWarp View Post
Absolutely right, I had infact insisted on Bridgestone & non protruding wheel cups with my VLX and the same was mentioned on the order form and the vehicle came factory fitted with those.
Old 18th November 2011, 20:34   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Tyre is new. Just that been in a muddy ride Bith Bridgestone and JK are coming as OEM as im told.

Im told, its a random OEM selection. Some come with JK others with BS. Not sure though.
All W8 come with Bridgestone and W6 with JK tyres.

You will get a replacement if its a manufacturing defect.
Old 18th November 2011, 21:34   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f@lcon View Post
All W8 come with Bridgestone and W6 with JK tyres.

You will get a replacement if its a manufacturing defect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindgrinder View Post
I have a W6 model and I have it shod with Bridgestone tyres. So it really depends on the lot being manufactured and not the model.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks