Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2014, 14:46   #31
Senior - BHPian

re: Long term report - Ford Figo 1.2. EDIT: Sold at 51,000 km

Got the RAM intake of the CAI replaced with a longer one so that it extends to the front grill . There is a small gap there which was were the stock intake used to begin from.

Got the air filter cleaned as well . The engine was heating quite a bit since few weeks now because of the weather and the intake was sucking in hot air most of the time reducing the power.
With the new set up, the engine is much smoother and the pick up has increased as well.
Thanks to RRP once again for doing a good job even during many re-visits after the POwer Drive work was done.
Attached Thumbnails
Long term report - Ford Figo 1.2. EDIT: Sold at 51,000 km-img1077.jpg  

Long term report - Ford Figo 1.2. EDIT: Sold at 51,000 km-img1078.jpg  

Old 15th July 2014, 13:49   #32
BHPian

Quote:
I still haven't got around to drive a stock Figo
Tharian - Are you still interested in checking out a stock Figo? I have a similar aged 1.2 (Feb 11) done 28K Km on the clock shod with Yoko A-Drives. It would be interesting in comparing the two... oh and btw, my ride's red too
Old 23rd July 2014, 20:11   #33
Senior - BHPian

The car has completed 33k kms now. Was done during a 1000kms round trip last weekend and must say it performed just like I wanted it to.

The best part of this car is the high speed stability and the way it holds its line on a curve.
I was a bit apprehensive of the mileage since the city figures were quite bad that I am not going to mention them . I was in the thought that the header set up is finally showing its bad side, but luckily got a good mileage of 16kmpl with AC always on the trip.

The sad part of this engine apart from it being not all that powerful is that once the 2800rpm mark is crossed, mileage drops drastically and being a petrol engine with headers, I love to rev it.
I am still looking out for fully synthetic engine oil to replace during the next change.
The engine has become quite smooth because of the the frequent trips and revvings .
There was a humming noise from the rear left which Ford diagnosed as a bearing issue. It resolved itself and seems it was the tyre wearing that caused it. Apart from , the car is trouble free .

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjun04 View Post
Tharian - Are you still interested in checking out a stock Figo? I have a similar aged 1.2 (Feb 11) done 28K Km on the clock shod with Yoko A-Drives. It would be interesting in comparing the two... oh and btw, my ride's red too
Weird, I didn't get a notification for your message.

Yes, I would like to check out the difference with a stock.
Do PM me .
Old 23rd July 2014, 20:34   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Weird, I didn't get a notification for your message.

Yes, I would like to check out the difference with a stock.
Do PM me .
You probably didn't get the message notification because I didn't quote it from your post. (Still learning some stuff on the forum).

I can't PM you as it hasn't opened up for me. You can email me at rjun04 at gmail.
Old 17th August 2014, 09:44   #35
Senior - BHPian

Changed the spark plugs to NGK platinum type specified for the Figo.

Had to get it done at the service center since I didn't have the correct plug spanner and ended up paying 180 for labor!
I know iridium plugs will not make a difference on a stock engine., so I was apprehensive about these but it was a good investment.

The engine is much smoother now, and most noticeable was the low end torque has improved. The stock plugs were never replaced until now. It had run 34k Kms and has FoMoCo on it when I checked for the make.
No idea who the actual manufacturer is.
Old 22nd August 2014, 17:21   #36
BHPian

Hi Tharian. Any idea when the fuel pump is replaced for the petrol variant. I've read it in multiple posts that replacing the fuel pump allows the car to deliver power much better.
Old 23rd August 2014, 07:22   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukundz View Post
Hi Tharian. Any idea when the fuel pump is replaced for the petrol variant. I've read it in multiple posts that replacing the fuel pump allows the car to deliver power much better.
I guess you are referring to the the fuel pump regulator.
It was changed in my car, but didn't make any difference so I went back to stock.
It was not required in a Figo since the ECU took car of compensating for any differences due to the open intake and exhaust and the stock FPR was able to manage that.
Old 23rd August 2014, 07:49   #38
BHPian

Quote:
I guess you are referring to the the fuel pump regulator.
It was changed in my car, but didn't make any difference so I went back to stock.
It was not required in a Figo since the ECU took car of compensating for any differences due to the open intake and exhaust and the stock FPR was able to manage that.
My bad. I meant the fuel filter. I understand for diesel engines it is 30K. Any idea about the petrol engines?
Old 23rd August 2014, 10:01   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My bad. I meant the fuel filter. I understand for diesel engines it is 30K. Any idea about the petrol engines?
Need to check the manual for the schedule.
But I don't see any major improvement on replacing it since it is not a part directly related to engine performance, unless the fuel quality filled over time is that bad and the filter is partially blocked.
Old 23rd August 2014, 18:28   #40
BHPian

I've been wondering about that too. On some outstation trips I've had to go with whatever fuel station I could manage to find. On one of the trips I was so confident of reach a Shell outlet that I let it almost run out of fuel to the last 5 kms. Now I religiously stick to Shell Super (I really do see a noticeable difference in the smoothness compared to regular petrol)

I was checking on the pricing and noticed that the fuel filter was just around 600 or so. So was wondering if it was worth a try to squeeze out that last bit of extra performance that was being masked by any blockages.
Old 24th August 2014, 10:56   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I've been wondering about that too. On some outstation trips I've had to go with whatever fuel station I could manage to find. On one of the trips I was so confident of reach a Shell outlet that I let it almost run out of fuel to the last 5 kms. Now I religiously stick to Shell Super (I really do see a noticeable difference in the smoothness compared to regular petrol)

I was checking on the pricing and noticed that the fuel filter was just around 600 or so. So was wondering if it was worth a try to squeeze out that last bit of extra performance that was being masked by any blockages.
My suggestion would be to leave it until the scheduled maintenance.
Reason being, you will not find much of a difference in running and you rather continue with Shell since you find it better.
Second reason, although the part cost is reasonable, the Ford labor to replace it will not be.
Old 25th August 2014, 11:52   #42
Senior - BHPian

Got a chance to drive a stock Figo 1.2 on the same day my car turned 4 years old.
Thanks to member Rjun04.
Unfortunately it started pouring heavy as as we started a short spin on ORR. My immediate note was the stock car had a bit more torque which I was expecting anyway . To Rjun04 who was in my car., it was a bit more he felt . Overall, I felt the stock engine doesn't like to be revved and is happy within 2500 rpm.
Sadly Rjun04 didn't have a chance to feel the difference in my car post 2500 rpm towards 5000 due to traffic and rain.
Another day and we can do a more detailed comparison.
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 12:36   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Got a chance to drive a stock Figo 1.2 on the same day my car turned 4 years old.
Thanks to member Rjun04.
Thanks Tharian. It was great catching up with you! We must do this again when we have an open road and good weather.

I felt that the cars were very similar in torque RR (Red Rascal) may have been marginally less torque if at all. However, it does seem to go up the rev meter much more freely. The exhaust note is something to die for! Completely in love with it.

Looking forward to the next drive, perhaps to the place behind the airport you mentioned.

The picture is of when Scarlet met Red Rascal!
Attached Thumbnails
Long term report - Ford Figo 1.2. EDIT: Sold at 51,000 km-20140823_165226_v2.jpg  

rjun04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2014, 20:59   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Tharian - what's the update on the mileage test you were doing? I tried Shell this time and even the normal grade has improved the FE by about 1 KMPL! Must try if you haven't. What's more, it's cheaper than the nationalised fuel cos.
Old 16th September 2014, 21:14   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjun04 View Post
Tharian - what's the update on the mileage test you were doing? I tried Shell this time and even the normal grade has improved the FE by about 1 KMPL! Must try if you haven't. What's more, it's cheaper than the nationalised fuel cos.
Don't ask!

Find my report here,
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...iency-279.html

Yes, will be trying Shell in the next refill . I was using it when the car was new ,but I don't remember back then what the efficiency was.

Will update with Shell fuel.
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks