Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2017, 11:22   #91
Senior - BHPian

re: Long term report - Ford Figo 1.2. EDIT: Sold at 51,000 km

Some pictures from a weekend trip to Wayanad.

Also climbed a steep gradient on the way to Eddakal Caves. It was fun doing it as I have never attempted something as such with my car. It was around 300-400 meters of very steep , narrow concrete road. Thankfully , although there were few jeeps en route, I didn't have any one coming in the opposite direction when climbing or coming down.

I did get slight clutch burning smell once on top. After all the full stretch was climbed in first gear with revs above 2k rpm.

Did some corner carving as well on the inner roads since traffic is not much in these areas.
Attached Thumbnails
Long term report - Ford Figo 1.2. EDIT: Sold at 51,000 km-img_4582.jpg  

Long term report - Ford Figo 1.2. EDIT: Sold at 51,000 km-img_4631.jpg  

Long term report - Ford Figo 1.2. EDIT: Sold at 51,000 km-img_4648.jpg  

Long term report - Ford Figo 1.2. EDIT: Sold at 51,000 km-img_20170408_131343.jpg  

Old 18th May 2017, 08:03   #92
Senior - BHPian

With last few days left with Red Rascal, I started removing the accessories one by one which I can use later or is useful.

Out of the 4 Hella lamps, removed two since one was broken. Removed the Hella trumpet horn along with the wiring. Reverted to stock air intake snorkel which I realized has made the engine more smoother, but a bit restrictive.

Reverted to the stock ICE since most probably the car will be going to Ford as an exchange. The stock head unit now works through the stock speakers and two JBL oval speakers on the tray and the effect was not all that bad. I had used this for few months before I changed to a Pioneer headunit.

The 4x2x1 exhaust will remain as it is and the stock one will be given along.
I am using the car as much as I can now and I already know I am going to miss it quite a bit. I would say happily that this was the car that made me enjoy driving more.

The stock head unit with the display tear off still on it and the after market set.
Attached Thumbnails
Long term report - Ford Figo 1.2. EDIT: Sold at 51,000 km-21b96d53a8a5447e9dac78c6eb3fec2a.jpg  

Long term report - Ford Figo 1.2. EDIT: Sold at 51,000 km-32eaa4b76c184bc3844f25ea253bacc4.jpg  

tharian is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2017, 12:26   #93
BHPian

You're selling the Red Rascal!!?? You're really going to miss him.

I just finished 40k on Scarlet and she still looks pretty and drives like a dream!

I'd take the exhaust system off you if it can be transferred and if I get it at a good price
Old 24th May 2017, 16:36   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjun04 View Post
You're selling the Red Rascal!!?? You're really going to miss him.

I just finished 40k on Scarlet and she still looks pretty and drives like a dream!

I'd take the exhaust system off you if it can be transferred and if I get it at a good price
Yep, already missing it. Will be trading it in this evening. I don't mind removing the exhaust since I have the original one, but the problem is,it takes some time and the original one needs to be joint welded as well. I don't think once it goes to their hands, I can do much.
Old 25th May 2017, 08:23   #95
Senior - BHPian

Gave away Red Rascal last evening to Ford in exchange for a spanking new Aspire Sports TCDi.

It has been just short of 7 years since I drove her home from the same showroom. Back then, I went ahead and bought the car purely from a financial point of view. It was a solid value for money car compared to the competition.
I was upgrading from a carb Maruti 800 and I hadn't looked into power, weight, handling , steering feedback etc that keeps most of us ticking. I went to the showroom and figured this one fits my budget and was a much bigger car than the Alto K10 which I had booked, which was cancelled soon after.
The trim and the color was reading available and so I got the car in less than a week. The first thing that hit me was how smooth and silent the engine was.

This car made me love driving more with its beautiful and involving drive. The way it sticks onto the tarmac like a go-kart. One year down the line and with the Red Rooster treatment , I used to wait for a chance to take the car for a spin.
Almost 30% of the odo were done on highways. Although there was a aging first gen Swift in the house, this was always the preferred choice for those long trips . The way the car sits stable at high speeds and how I didn't need to lift off the gas for a curve were the highlights .
Slowly the urge for a faster car grew . I had no issues with the car mechanical or otherwise nor did I find it small for family trips. It was perfect for me except that I hated those times when the car was loaded and I wanted to do some good speeds, but the car would not complain, but took its time.
But it made it up by its big car feel and taking curves flat out. With the Zlo tyres, it was fun at another level.

I wish that Ford sells my car to someone who enjoys driving as much as I do.

Here's to the last 7 years of involving and enjoyable driving thanks to a car which was an extension of me.

Some last day pictures before I gave her away after a good wash.
The last picture was when I was driving out in the new car and saw few people checking her out from the VST group who bought the car as exchange.
Attached Thumbnails
Long term report - Ford Figo 1.2. EDIT: Sold at 51,000 km-img_5576.jpg  

Long term report - Ford Figo 1.2. EDIT: Sold at 51,000 km-img_5580.jpg  

Long term report - Ford Figo 1.2. EDIT: Sold at 51,000 km-img_5588.jpg  

Long term report - Ford Figo 1.2. EDIT: Sold at 51,000 km-img_5579.jpg  

Long term report - Ford Figo 1.2. EDIT: Sold at 51,000 km-img_5593.jpg  

Last edited by tharian : 25th May 2017 at 08:30.
tharian is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 25th May 2017, 16:30   #96
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Long term report - Ford Figo 1.2. EDIT: Sold at 51,000 km

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Gave away Red Rascal last evening to Ford in exchange for a spanking new Aspire Sports TCDi.
Damn, your shiny car sure doesn't look like it's completed 7 years. Well kept, sir . Congratulations on the Aspire Sports - guess it's a worthy upgrade from the Figo. Look forward to an ownership report!
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks