Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2013, 16:42   #361
Team-BHP Support

re: The Silver LittleBigFoot and a Skoda Yeti New Year 2012 EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I think there is too much ado on this forum being made about Toyota and Honda and a clear visible negative bias against Skoda. This is extremely apparent and I ve been watching a long time to be able to say it with impunity.
I for one don't think that Skoda deserves quite this much negativity. I ve had a good experience so far with the vehicle and the dealer as well as the service centre. Also, my problem of yesterday, just to clarify, was with Tyre Empire and not with Skoda.
So lets just throttle back a bit and take it easy...
Completely agree! Looks like when rest of the world is moving away from the Skoda jokes, we are now warming up to those. Everyone will have brand preferences, but there is no reason to glorify one and ridicule other, especially when we have clear guidelines on brand-bias. Live and let live!

Coming back to the topic, you managed to get the crack examined /fixed by the ASC?
Old 7th April 2013, 17:19   #362
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Completely agree! Looks like when rest of the world is moving away from the Skoda jokes, we are now warming up to those. Everyone will have brand preferences, but there is no reason to glorify one and ridicule other, especially when we have clear guidelines on brand-bias. Live and let live!

Coming back to the topic, you managed to get the crack examined /fixed by the ASC?
Nope I have not checked that crack at the ASC. It was a really tiny crack made at the edge of the underbody cover and given that I peered at it closely yesterday, I am inclined to let it lie for now. It could have happened had I driven quickly over a speed bump or on a rough road with stones and I would have had only myself to blame. It just so happened that the Tyre fixer was the cause and I was able to let off steam at someone else!
Old 7th April 2013, 17:21   #363
BANNED

Quote:
I think there is too much ado on this forum being made about Toyota and Honda and a clear visible negative bias against Skoda. This is extremely apparent and I ve been watching a long time to be able to say it with impunity.

I for one don't think that Skoda deserves quite this much negativity. I ve had a good experience so far with the vehicle and the dealer as well as the service centre. Also, my problem of yesterday, just to clarify, was with Tyre Empire and not with Skoda.

So lets just throttle back a bit and take it easy...
Its good to see that you have had a pleasant experience with the Manufacturer's most aspects.
But I don't think that this negative bias is uncalled for. Skoda even wanted to instigate this forum. and not just on this forum, even elsewhere people are aware of the horrific experiences with Skoda A.S.S.

I have not seen as many threads about problems with the Japs as much as the threads about Skoda Problems(or even VW for that matter).

I sincerely hope that Skoda can maintain a high standard of A.S.S. just like you have experienced. It will knock-off an automatic and permanent of Negative of every Skoda in India.
Every Manufacturer has its strength and weaknesses, its just that people have had a real hard time digesting the Skoda A.S.S. in comparison to the Petrol only Hondas and the just acceptable build quality of the Japenese.

But this is probably a bit off-topic.
Old 7th April 2013, 17:29   #364
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post

Its good to see that you have had a pleasant experience with the Manufacturer's most aspects.
But I don't think that this negative bias is uncalled for. Skoda even wanted to instigate this forum. and not just on this forum, even elsewhere people are aware of the horrific experiences with Skoda A.S.S.

I have not seen as many threads about problems with the Japs as much as the threads about Skoda Problems(or even VW for that matter).

I sincerely hope that Skoda can maintain a high standard of A.S.S. just like you have experienced. It will knock-off an automatic and permanent of Negative of every Skoda in India.
Every Manufacturer has its strength and weaknesses, its just that people have had a real hard time digesting the Skoda A.S.S. in comparison to the Petrol only Hondas and the just acceptable build quality of the Japenese.

But this is probably a bit off-topic.
Yes lets get off this topic. Considering that I started this thread itself one and a half years ago to share stuff about my Yeti. Reading through it now, it looks like the thread is meandering everywhere except discussions about my Yeti...

Bottom-line, I like my Yeti and the Skoda boys have generally been nice to me.
Old 7th April 2013, 20:32   #365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
But I don't think that this negative bias is uncalled for.
It is totally uncalled for especially on someone's ownership thread.

Mr. Bhandari, त्वाणु त्वाडी होंडा मुबारक , सानु साडी स्कोडा एन्जॉय करन दो !!
(Interpretation for the non punjabi's - We congratulate you on your Honda, kindly let us Skoda owners, enjoy ours!!)

Last edited by dkaile : 7th April 2013 at 20:37.
Old 7th April 2013, 20:47   #366
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post

(Interpretation for the non punjabi's - We congratulate you on your Honda, kindly let us Skoda owners, enjoy ours!!)
Hey cool it buddy!
I am very peaceful with this thread becoming a general discussion place. However, I still believe that there is some amount of bias against Skoda generally and I would like to keep things a little objective by posting genuine positive feedback as per my experience. Others too are welcome!
Lets be easy hey guys!
Old 7th April 2013, 22:08   #367
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post

I'll give you for making the effort to try Punjabi, but you just ended up typing punjabi phonetically in the Hindi Script. Only the interpretation gave me a hint that its actually Punjabi! Next time trying actual typing in Punjabi..

and by the way, I currently don't own a Honda. I only have a Chevy Spark.

and as I expressed my wishes for Shankar's good experience with Skoda, I would wish you the same.
Quote:
Old 8th April 2013, 19:03   #368
BHPian

Quote:

Hey cool it . However, I still believe that there is some amount of bias against Skoda generally and I would like to keep things a little objective by posting genuine positive feedback as per my experience. Others too are welcome!
Lets be easy hey guys!
Just to put in a positive note. Got the wheel alignment done at the Skoda service station and was happy to see that they they have a better system then the Bridgestone Select Tyre dealer. Nicely done too.
Carcrazy60 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2013, 07:56   #369
BANNED

My poor Yeti.

Looks like some evil infidel has taken it upon his nasty twisted self, to snap off the end bits of the black plastic covers of the A Pillars on both sides of my Yeti's front end. The end bits are basically pointy triangular pieces which are ends of the A pillar covers which abut onto the end of the bonnet where it gets flush with the windshield.

Heaven alone knows how much these two black plastic covers are going to cost me, and whether replacements are easily available. of course I shall need to change them along with their attendant rubber beadings and fixing charges. For now, I have just used a little fevibond and stuck them as best as possible.
I am thinking I may go to a detailing place and get them to custom stick a black sticker or a faux carbon fibre look alike sticker over these A Pillar covers so as to mask the cracks where the broken portions are fixed back.
This is really upsetting that in my own home country I have to go through this level of vandalism if indeed it was vandalism.

The worst of it is that I am not sure when this happened. I am hoping it did not happen last week when I got it auto washed at Pronto, on account of the thick cleaning fibres of the rollers catching the edge of the black plastic covers....
Old 11th April 2013, 13:22   #370
BHPian

Oh man! That's sad to hear. Hope you can get these replaced and get them easily. You have an excellent rapport with local Skoda folks so that's the only positive side. Something to watch for in case any of us decides to get the car auto washed.
Old 11th April 2013, 13:57   #371
BHPian

In the US for sure, and I suspect Europe as well, 99% of the time it is mechanical car wash. You can get the occasional hand wash, but it is frightfully expensive. I would hazard a guess that all modern cars (designed/built abroad) are immune to auto car washes. I think there is another mystery responsible for the damage to the Silver LittleBigFoot :(
Old 11th April 2013, 14:05   #372
BANNED

I do not really want to say that it IS the Auto Wash that did for my A Pillar panel covers. It could have even been last night when I had parked outside my doctor's place when I went across to him for a general visit. Some passing infidel may have seen fit to do for my A Pillars when the poor Yeti was parked there. It could equally have been one of those nasty little kids that infest most places these days...God Knows, so no point speculating and cribbing. The time for Hard Action is upon me now!

Now, what I have done is instead of spending time, effort and money trying to get replacements for them and re-mounting brand new ones, I simply went to HSR Layout 3M service and got them to neatly paper over these with that good quality Faux Carbon Fibre vinyl stickers.

I had stuck the broken bits back using Fevibond in the morning and if you look closely you will see that something is amiss. However, on a casual glance it will seem simply like I ve got some faux Carbon Fibre vinyl sticker detailing done only on the A Pillars.

I met our fellow member SChoudhury there at 3M too, so I guess every cloud has its silver lining...

Am wondering if I should do this faux carbon fibre detailing on the B and C Pillars too, just for consistency's sake...personally Im not too bothered but some may consider that the A Pillars look like odd ones out as of this moment..

Last edited by shankar.balan : 11th April 2013 at 14:29.
Old 11th April 2013, 14:48   #373
BANNED

A couple of photos of the scene of the crime - Exhibit A as they say....
Attached Thumbnails
The Silver LittleBigFoot and a Skoda Yeti New Year 2012 EDIT: Sold!-pillar-detail1.jpg  

The Silver LittleBigFoot and a Skoda Yeti New Year 2012 EDIT: Sold!-pillar-closeup-detail.jpg  

The Silver LittleBigFoot and a Skoda Yeti New Year 2012 EDIT: Sold!-pillar-other-side.jpg  

The Silver LittleBigFoot and a Skoda Yeti New Year 2012 EDIT: Sold!-other-side-closeup.jpg  

The Silver LittleBigFoot and a Skoda Yeti New Year 2012 EDIT: Sold!-general-side-view.jpg  

The Silver LittleBigFoot and a Skoda Yeti New Year 2012 EDIT: Sold!-general.jpg  

Last edited by shankar.balan : 11th April 2013 at 14:55. Reason: add photos
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2013, 11:33   #374

Dear Balan,
1. Undoubtedly by far the most comprehensive narration from cradle to should I say grave ?? of the Yeti.
2. You have undeniably made me lust for an Yeti..same story now begins to garner the required finances. Would be settling down at Eagleton Bangalore in the very near future, hence your experience in driving around in Bangalore is invaluable.
3. Many thanks for the outstanding article.
Cheerz..JJ
Old 12th April 2013, 12:36   #375
Team-BHP Support

Shankar may I suggest you wrap those pillars in a gloss black wrap which 3M has? The carbon fibre looks a bit tacky with the rest of the pillars in nice glossy black. Also these are just plastic parts, so they won't be too expensive even if you do have to replace them at some point.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks