Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2013, 22:53   #316
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
, if yes, i believe discounts were pretty good at that time. Shankar got a sweet deal a month before I guess.
So the given price seems decent, but thanks to the low popularity of this lil' SUV, it is difficult to guage the market value precisely, because the buyers are pretty scarce!
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post

Nope its Mumbai reg. Anyway the deal seems pretty much finalized. Should hopefully get the car by the weekend. Plans now are to get xenon headlights, possibly a philips kit, some light sunfilms all over, and change the tyres asap. This also happens to be the model with the newer 5 spoke alloys, don't remember if there were any other differences.
Agambhandari: Yes I bought my Yeti which was manufactured in May or June 2011 at a substantial price off in Dec 2011. Prevailing discounts around then ranged anywhere between 1.5 to 2 odd lacs.

Akshay: good luck with the new BigFoot. Its the best vehicle around at this price point so you will not regret it.
Old 15th March 2013, 15:50   #317
BANNED

Quote:

Nope its Mumbai reg. Anyway the deal seems pretty much finalized. Should hopefully get the car by the weekend. Plans now are to get xenon headlights, possibly a philips kit, some light sunfilms all over, and change the tyres asap. This also happens to be the model with the newer 5 spoke alloys, don't remember if there were any other differences.
Congrats on another great addition to your already fantastic garage!!
Are you getting rid of any of the present cars ? I suppose not the V6 accord(acc. to its thread)
Old 15th March 2013, 16:06   #318
Team-BHP Support

re: The Silver LittleBigFoot and a Skoda Yeti New Year 2012 EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Akshay: good luck with the new BigFoot. Its the best vehicle around at this price point so you will not regret it.
I won't regret it at all. In fact I have been recommending the Yeti to many people ever since it launched, except we haven't had a chance to buy it till now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Congrats on another great addition to your already fantastic garage!!
Are you getting rid of any of the present cars ? I suppose not the V6 accord(acc. to its thread)
Thanks. I am replacing the Punto with this.
Old 17th March 2013, 14:34   #319
Team-BHP Support

Guys picked up the Yeti today, really excited about it. I plan on starting a thread soon, and doing a couple of little mods/accessories

The only thing is it has a useless horn like they give on the Laura and Fabia now, not the Superb type of horn.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 17th March 2013 at 14:37.
Akshay1234 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th March 2013, 14:36   #320
BHPian

Quote:
Guys picked up the Yeti today, really excited about it. I plan on starting a thread soon, and doing a couple of little mods/accessories
Congratulations. May the Yeti tribe continue to grow.
Old 17th March 2013, 15:41   #321
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:

The only thing is it has a useless horn like they give on the Laura and Fabia now, not the Superb type of horn.
Thats rather odd. My Yeti (2011) has that lovely expensive sounding Pa-arp Euro horn.
Old 17th March 2013, 17:50   #322
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Thats rather odd. My Yeti (2011) has that lovely expensive sounding Pa-arp Euro horn.
Its possible they have changed it, because even my vRS which is a 2012 car had that ridiculous horn which sounded like a Honda's. Anyway I shall change it soon.

Also guys I read somewhere about the doors creaking, etc? What was the solution to that? Some grease applied somewhere right?
Old 18th March 2013, 10:22   #323
BHPian

congrats Akshay on your buy, am sure you will enjoy every moment with it. Pasting a pic of my mileage, rather impressive for a compact SUV, isn't it...
Attached Thumbnails
The Silver LittleBigFoot and a Skoda Yeti New Year 2012 EDIT: Sold!-mileagefigures.jpg  

mailtosid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2013, 12:27   #324
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Its possible they have changed it, because even my vRS which is a 2012 car had that ridiculous horn which sounded like a Honda's. Anyway I shall change it soon.

Also guys I read somewhere about the doors creaking, etc? What was the solution to that? Some grease applied somewhere right?
Hi Akshay,

The creaking sound from the doors comes from the V-shaped door seal on the top side of the door, where they touch the body. When the body is waxed/ polished, this sound becomes quite loud. I had experimented with quite a few methods for this, with varying degrees of effect:

1) Applying olive oil to the rubber beadings - 3-4 weeks effect
2) Applying Silicone grease (small quantity) - 3-4 months
3) Best - Applying Teflon lubricant (I got it from firefox bikes shop) - 6 months + effect.

Skoda also uses a 3M Window Lubricant spray on these beadings to cure this when users complain of this sound - I had also tried this, and it lasts for 2-3 months.
I use 3) now, and just reapply when the car has been pressure washed and waxed again.
This completely eliminates the creaking sounds.

A word of caution: Don't use any mineral oils / Normal Grease on these rubber seals, as it can damage the rubber.

To quickly check whether you have this issue due to the door beadings:
When in parked condition and doors closed, stand outside the car and put pressure on the top sides of the glass (pushing inwards) on each door. If you hear a creaking sound, you have found this culprit, for which the solution is what I have recommended above.

Surprisingly, this typical creaking is only there in the Yeti and not in the Laura, probably due to the hard nature / rubber quality of the door seals on the Yeti.

Regards,
Behemoth
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2013, 12:27   #325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Front doors will creak after a few '000 kms. Take it to your ASC, they are usually aware of the issue and will sort it out in an hour or so.

Apparently its due to the sharp edges of the door frame.

Last edited by Steeroid : 18th March 2013 at 12:29.
Steeroid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2013, 12:47   #326
Team-BHP Support

Thanks guys, going to take it to the service station sometime today or tomorrow and get it sorted out. The good thing is the service centre is literally a minute away from my house, so I can easily go there for these small issues.

Next up on the car in a week or 2 is 3M CR70 all around, and Philips 4300k xenons for the headlights.

And Shankar, sorry for taking over your thread.
Old 18th March 2013, 16:28   #327
BHPian

Akshay Sir, it would be helpful if your experiences can be in a separate thread. I would love to follow it as I am Shankar Sir's thread.
Old 18th March 2013, 16:57   #328
BHPian

Quote:

Many congrats Akshay. Waiting for your thread. I also have some sweet-sour stories about Skoda service to share. Hopefully I can find a long enough block of time to write them up.
hrishik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2013, 21:37   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Next up on the car in a week or 2 is 3M CR70 all around, and Philips 4300k xenons for the headlights.
Akshay, I am interested in Xenon lamp replacement too, do let me know please what's the overall cost and are you planning to get it done with Skoda for the warranty reasons?

hmm. CR70 all around. I totally agree that's the way to go. I am still holding back for fear of traffic cops stopping me midway. I do see lot of them these days. It does get hot in the car even with full AC. Just don't feel like risking 20K on it (yet).
Old 19th March 2013, 01:30   #330
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyboy View Post
Akshay, I am interested in Xenon lamp replacement too, do let me know please what's the overall cost and are you planning to get it done with Skoda for the warranty reasons?

hmm. CR70 all around. I totally agree that's the way to go. I am still holding back for fear of traffic cops stopping me midway. I do see lot of them these days. It does get hot in the car even with full AC. Just don't feel like risking 20K on it (yet).
Philips makes can bus compliant xenons so no bulb error will show. Also the wiring to the bulb will be totally separate, and I know the service guys so they won't act stupid about the warranty.

Well with CR70 no cop will be able to make out there is film unless they put their hand on your window and feel the edge, which anyway won't happen since they won't be able to notice film.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks