Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2012, 18:17   #196
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024
What a vehicle and what a thread...!! Congrats to all those driving the Yeti and you guys have certainly put the bug in my head..!
Buy one my friend and join the gang. You wont regret it one bit...
Truly, it is a clever car, but sadly, not appreciated quite as much as it deserves because the Indian consumer is yet to mature sufficiently in order to be able to appreciate and choose under stated elegance, high quality and compact, clever configurations and dimensions over 'quantity, populist gizmos,in your face bling and size'.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2012, 18:48   #197
Senior - BHPian

re: The Silver LittleBigFoot and a Skoda Yeti New Year 2012 EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
not appreciated quite as much as it deserves
In India, Money ∝ Size for most people. Even I was of the same view till recently. I saw the Yeti as a over grown Wagon-R. But having lived with a Skoda for 7 months, I have now opened up to fine European engineering. Having studied the Yeti in some detail now, it does tick most boxes right for a nuclear family. More families are maturing enough to grow up to a Yeti.

There are some things though, that I would like the Yeti to include as default or at least as an option as is available abroad -
- Bluetooth Module incorporated by default
- MDI cable for USB and iphone
- HID headlamps with twin barrel (projector) lighting
- Advanced MID controls to do all settings without need of a VAG computer.

Last edited by dkaile : 23rd October 2012 at 18:59.
Old 23rd October 2012, 20:04   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
There are some things though, that I would like the Yeti to include as default or at least as an option as is available abroad -
- Bluetooth Module incorporated by default
- MDI cable for USB and iphone
- HID headlamps with twin barrel (projector) lighting
- Advanced MID controls to do all settings without need of a VAG computer.

Bluetooth Module - Will Be Made an Optional Accessory very soon. it will be Standard Equipment in either the Auto Version of the Yeti or the L&K Variant which is expected in the near future

MDI with USB and Ipod - again as above

HID Headlamps - will be exclusive either to the Automatic or L&K Variant

advanced MID controls already exist to some extent in the Elegance, just like in other european Cars. I doubt if they would let you unlock features that are locked/Not made available on lower variants using the MID controls
Old 23rd October 2012, 21:17   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj
the L&K Variant which is expected in the near future
I doubt that they will be launching the L&K any time soon. As the face lifted Yeti has broken cover abroad, most probably they will launch that by late 2013.
Old 23rd October 2012, 21:29   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
I doubt that they will be launching the L&K any time soon. As the face lifted Yeti has broken cover abroad, most probably they will launch that by late 2013.
The L&K trims that replace the boreal wood trims (Shiny Black with Laurin & Clement embossed on them) that are available on a few websites seem to be giving an indication of an impending variant
Old 25th October 2012, 14:04   #201
vij
BHPian

Have not yet bought the car. It has somehow developed some dings recently. Please see the pics -

Asking price - 16L
June invoiced 7.2k kms driven

What do you think will be the cost to make this right
Attached Thumbnails
The Silver LittleBigFoot and a Skoda Yeti New Year 2012 EDIT: Sold!-skodayetidings.jpg  

Old 25th October 2012, 14:11   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Buy one my friend and join the gang. You wont regret it one bit...
Truly, it is a clever car, but sadly, not appreciated quite as much as it deserves because the Indian consumer is yet to mature sufficiently in order to be able to appreciate and choose under stated elegance, high quality and compact, clever configurations and dimensions over 'quantity, populist gizmos,in your face bling and size'.
Shankar Sir, how I wish everyone could feel the same.
Was head over heels in love with this car and would have picked it up but for my better half wouldn't agree. Size still matters in India
The car is top notch from every angle except the ground clearance but not a deal breaker though. Settled for the Duster eventually.
Old 25th October 2012, 14:30   #203
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

These may have been caused by some blundering fool at the dealership. They dont look too deep and hence I dont think they will cost too much to clear up. But you can use this and ask him for another 10grand off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vij View Post
Have not yet bought the car. It has somehow developed some dings recently. Please see the pics -

Asking price - 16L
June invoiced 7.2k kms driven

What do you think will be the cost to make this right

The Ground Clearance of 180mm is exactly the same as it was in my Scorpio. I find it quite adequate for all that I generally do with my vehicle. And I may say that I do take the vehicle to the hills and a bit off the beaten track now and then. Maybe I do treat it more carefully than I used to treat my Scorpio but that is largely on account of the fact that this car cost a lot more...

Quote:
Originally Posted by himadrimondal View Post
Shankar Sir, how I wish everyone could feel the same.
Was head over heels in love with this car and would have picked it up but for my better half wouldn't agree. Size still matters in India
The car is top notch from every angle except the ground clearance but not a deal breaker though. Settled for the Duster eventually.
Old 26th October 2012, 16:12   #204
vij
BHPian

Took a test drive again and something is bothering me. The clutch has vibrations when I rest my foot on it. I have a habit of resting my foot on the clutch and when I have it slightly down or even a little more, there there is a knocking effect which is gentle but very obvious.

The dealer says this is characteristic of all skoda cars and one is not expected to keep the leg there But that mild knocking effect on the clutch cant be default right?

I dont think I felt that when I test drove the new Skoda Yeti or did I... I am confused... Why is buying a used car so difficult

Last edited by vij : 26th October 2012 at 16:17.
Old 26th October 2012, 16:17   #205
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Took a test drive again and something is bothering me. The clutch has a slight vibration when I rest my foot on it. Its ok when I press it down completely. But I have a habit of resting my foot on the clutch and when I have slightly down there there is a mild knocking effect which is very gentle but very obvious.

The dealer says this is a characteriostic of all skoda cars and one is expected to keep the leg there But that mild knowcking cant be default right?

I dont think I felt that when I test drove the new Skoda Yeti or did I... I am confused :( Why is buying a used car so difficult
Hi Vij,

You will feel this with most diesel cars as there is a slight amount of vibration of the clutch pedal. But I can tell you that in the Yeti it is very very less compared to some other brands.
On the other hand, keeping your foot on the clutch pedal all the time is very bad for clutch life as it will induce clutch slip (even though to you it may appear that you are not pressing the clutch). Riding the clutch in this manner can cause clutch failure as early as 25K kms, and clutch plate wear is not covered even under warranty and it will be an expense of 50k+ on the Yeti to get it changed.
I would recommend consciously trying to change this habit and keeping your foot on the carpet or on the dead pedal, this will ensure many thousands of miles on your car, without any such hassles.

Regards,
Behemoth
Behemoth is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2012, 16:22   #206
vij
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Hi Vij,

You will feel this with most diesel cars as there is a slight amount of vibration of the clutch pedal. But I can tell you that in the Yeti it is very very less compared to some other brands.
On the other hand, keeping your foot on the clutch pedal all the time is very bad for clutch life as it will induce clutch slip (even though to you it may appear that you are not pressing the clutch). Riding the clutch in this manner can cause clutch failure as early as 25K kms, and clutch plate wear is not covered even under warranty and it will be an expense of 50k+ on the Yeti to get it changed.
I would recommend consciously trying to change this habit and keeping your foot on the carpet or on the dead pedal, this will ensure many thousands of miles on your car, without any such hassles.

Regards,
Behemoth
Hey thanks. This is a 4 month used car I am planning to buy, so I am sceptical. On your Yeti, did you feel some knocking effect from the clutch when you have it half pressed - like a tok tok tok (interspaced by half a second or so) from below - not audible ofcourse but something you can feel -

Have driven the humble Logan Diesel and I am well versed with Diesel Vibration, I cant understand the knocking. I am so close to giving him 16 big ones.

Last edited by vij : 26th October 2012 at 16:25.
Old 26th October 2012, 16:52   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
some knocking effect from the clutch when you have it half pressed - like a tok tok tok (interspaced by half a second or so) from below - not audible ofcourse but something you can feel
This does NOT sound normal. What you can do to clear your doubt is to test drive some other Yeti at the dealership or outside and then compare the two. If you still feel that clutch seems to be going, you can always ask for a further drop in price by at least 50K for clutch repair. Don't be in a hurry to part with your 16 big ones because it is not a small amount and can get you some capable 'new' cars. Be fully satisfied on all angles before proceeding.
dkaile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2012, 18:58   #208
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hey thanks. This is a 4 month used car I am planning to buy, so I am sceptical. On your Yeti, did you feel some knocking effect from the clutch when you have it half pressed - like a tok tok tok (interspaced by half a second or so) from below - not audible ofcourse but something you can feel -

Have driven the humble Logan Diesel and I am well versed with Diesel Vibration, I cant understand the knocking. I am so close to giving him 16 big ones.
Hi Vij,

I just checked this on my 6 month old Laura (done around 3200 kms) and it does throb a little (exactly like you mentioned!) when in first gear, and if I press the clutch slightly. Surprisingly I had never noticed this earlier as I never keep my foot on the clutch. When there is no gear engaged, this throbbing is not there.
Seems like normal behaviour - Will also try it once on my Yeti too tomorrow.

Regards,
Behemoth
Behemoth is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2012, 19:03   #209
vij
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Hi Vij,

I just checked this on my 6 month old Laura (done around 3200 kms) and it does throb a little (exactly like you mentioned!) when in first gear, and if I press the clutch slightly. Surprisingly I had never noticed this earlier as I never keep my foot on the clutch. When there is no gear engaged, this throbbing is not there.
Seems like normal behaviour - Will also try it once on my Yeti too tomorrow.

Regards,
Behemoth
Thank you! Interesting. Please let me know
This really is unnerving when buying a used yeti.

Last edited by vij : 26th October 2012 at 19:15.
Old 26th October 2012, 21:05   #210
BHPian

One thing you can do is to ask another Yeti owner from your town to give it a spin. Same thread would be somebody posting from Hyd. I know it's not a very scientific way to check but a used to person to drive Yeti can quickly point out if anything is unusual.

I know such a comment is of no help but I had used yeti available on re-sale in my town when I was about to by mine. Decide to go for new just for peace of mind.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks