Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2012, 12:28   #121
vij
BHPian

re: The Silver LittleBigFoot and a Skoda Yeti New Year 2012 EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Why don't you, in that case buy it from B'lore? It is possible to do so legally and can guide you over a PM in case you are interested.
Thanks Have sent you a pm. Considering all market dynamics I presume there will be a difference of around 50k on the OTR and the extra hassle - wonder if it will be worth it.

You may choose to reply here just so others will benefit unless ofcourse there's personal information you wouldn't want to divulge here.

Many Thanks!!

Last edited by vij : 6th July 2012 at 12:38.
Old 7th July 2012, 18:33   #122
vij
BHPian

The best I have been offered is 17.36 OTR(Hyd) for 2012 model 4x2 Yeti Ambiente with additional 15k accessories. Discount of 65k includes corporate discount. Says any distant relative thingy will do to avail it.

Whats the color you like best. I know you chose silver but what do you think now. My preference was Aqua Mist which I am told isn't available anymore. White looks awesome. Silver looks good and is best for maintenance and I guess it will hide subtle and not so subtle scratches. Leaning towards white currently.

Last edited by vij : 7th July 2012 at 18:35.
Old 7th July 2012, 18:40   #123
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Silver!!!!

I really hope you get your deal. Dev seems to have swung something for you it seems.
Am glad!!
Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vij View Post
The best I have been offered is 17.36 OTR(Hyd) for 2012 model 4x2 Yeti Ambiente with additional 15k accessories. Discount of 65k includes corporate discount. Says any distant relative thingy will do to avail it.

Whats the color you like best. I know you chose silver but what do you think now. My preference was Aqua Mist which I am told isn't available anymore. White looks awesome. Silver looks good and is best for maintenance and I guess it will hide subtle and not so subtle scratches. Leaning towards white currently.
Old 7th July 2012, 20:48   #124
BHPian

Quote:

My preference will be silver or aqua mist as these color need less maintenance. Meanwhile i saw a brown yeti and it looks good too
Old 7th July 2012, 21:23   #125
vij
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
My preference will be silver or aqua mist as these color need less maintenance. Meanwhile i saw a brown yeti and it looks good too
Aqua Mist was my preference too but its discontinued in India it seems. Maybe some dealers in some states have the odd one in stock. Silver is good for maintenance and looks good too, but I have had silver on my previous 2 cars and want to break the trend. The white looks really good because the contrasting black and white makes it appealing. But silver is so convenient.

A problem though. My parents and my in-laws tell me that the next 1 month is not good for any purchases and they have called me 3-4 times in the past 2 hours to make sure I get the point - so will have to wait this month out

Last edited by vij : 7th July 2012 at 21:25.
Old 7th July 2012, 23:38   #126
BANNED

Quote:
Whats the color you like best. I know you chose silver but what do you think now. My preference was Aqua Mist which I am told isn't available anymore.
Take a look at the white or the silver for ease of maintenance and touch up but the real Yeti comes out in Matto Brown. One look at it and you ll be smitten.
Old 8th July 2012, 00:43   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vij

A problem though. My parents and my in-laws tell me that the next 1 month is not good for any purchases and they have called me 3-4 times in the past 2 hours to make sure I get the point - so will have to wait this month out :
Ah i never like these phases and sometimes specific colors are also not allowed by family members. Ive never been allowed to choose black.
Not to play spoilsport but the white will require extra effort for you to.maintain as ive seen in my white cars.Regular cleaning and detailing maybe needed to maintain that pure look. Dirt on a white car especially a Yeti spoils the look.

Theres a lovely metallic brown color ive seen on the yeti. You could have a look at that. Have seen one or two in Bangalore. They look so beautiful. And both examples were pretty well maintained too.

P.s im also looking at the yeti and jetta comfortline other than the fortuner. Have been following this thread for long and have virtually fallen in love with the little bigfoot especially after Clarkson demonstrated its tank like abilities on TG. Havent TDed either of the two. Still have sometime to decide on one.

I wish yeti really had made a big impact in the Indian Market like the laura. Though ive seen the on road number of yetis increase in the past few months probably due to the discounts available right now.

Sorry for hijacking this thread.
Parthasarathig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2012, 16:33   #128
vij
BHPian

There is this 4x4 Elegance that has been a 2011 DEALER demo car since Jan 2011 and has run 30,000 kms - has some mild scratches but runs good. What do you reckon would be a decent price. OTR hyd for a new 2012 car is ~ 21.25L

Last edited by vij : 12th July 2012 at 16:48.
Old 12th July 2012, 17:18   #129
BHPian

Quote:
There is this 4x4 Elegance that has been a 2011 DEALER demo car since Jan 2011 and has run 30,000 kms - has some mild scratches but runs good. What do you reckon would be a decent price. OTR hyd for a new 2012 car is ~ 21.25L
Personally I will advise you not to go for the Dealer Demo car which is driven by all and sundry!
Expert can add more.
C300 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2012, 18:22   #130
BHPian

Agree to C300, I will also avoid dealer demo. Its like a second hand car where the only difference is second hand car is still driven by single owner whereas a demo is like thousand drivers
abbey4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2012, 18:29   #131
BANNED

Quote:
Well, 30,000kms is not high for a Yeti, however, being a demo car, it would have been, like the others have said, been used by all and sundry. A few other facts that you might like to know about demo cars are:

1. They are sold at very high discount to dealers in the first place.

2. They are serviced and kept maintained because if they fail during a demo, it is as good as losing a sale.

3. They are driven roughly by the showroom staff and customers alike but since the Yeti wouldn't have had many TDs looking at its relatively low numbers, this is not a very bad vehicle. For example, I d NEVER buy a demo Fortuner or a demo Cruze.

4. The dealer is mandatorily required to change demo cars every year/with the launch of a new model, which is why the car was sold to this dealer.

Now, some tips for the deal:

The dealer would have purchased it for less than 15 lac INR and hence you should negotiate very very hard. Take a lump of cash/credit card, and if you are not a cut throat negotiator, take someone who is.
Tell the dealer that you will pay the advance then and there if the deal goes in your favor.That will entice the dealer to give you a good deal.
Take the car to a different dealer to check its mechanical condition. If there is only one dealer, take it to a reputed Skoda/premium car mechanic/garage.

And, please make sure this car has the complete 4 years/100,000kms warranty, if not tell him that you need it, at ANY cost.

Hope this helps.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2012, 19:02   #132
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

I would never buy a dealer demo car. Period.

I would rather pay the odds, take what discount I can negotiate and buy brand new.
Most of the chaps who test these new cars are halfwits. None of them know the first thing about anything.
None of them care about the dealer demo car and frankly neither does the dealer and his staff.
That said, if someone like us buys a dealer demo, we will, deep in our heart of hearts, never be satisfied!
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2012, 19:54   #133
Distinguished - BHPian

I would also recommend to stay clear of the demo car. They are mostly badly abused by 1000s of prospective buyers who in many cases tend to overtest the limits of the car. Many of them don't even know how to drive properly. The clutch and gearbox would not last too long on these.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2012, 06:31   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
I would also recommend to stay clear of the demo car. They are mostly badly abused by 1000s of prospective buyers who in many cases tend to overtest the limits of the car. Many of them don't even know how to drive properly. The clutch and gearbox would not last too long on these.
let me narrate my yeti TD experience. the sales exec took me to a very rought patch of road and was driving it like a maniac over all the rocks, rubble etc. he then handed me the wheel and when i was driving in a sane manner he was like 'Sir, this is a TD vehicle. Test it all you want, test the suspension, the 4 X 4 mechanism. test it hard and just make the car bounce along those potholes' i was surprised and told him, i would never drive my car this way ! imagine the others who might have taken his advice seriously ? unless you get a sweet offer i.e. about 10-11 lakhs on the car, its not worth it.
Sunilrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2012, 06:55   #135
vij
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
let me narrate my yeti TD experience. the sales exec took me to a very rought patch of road and was driving it like a maniac over all the rocks, rubble etc. he then handed me the wheel and when i was driving in a sane manner he was like 'Sir, this is a TD vehicle. Test it all you want, test the suspension, the 4 X 4 mechanism. test it hard and just make the car bounce along those potholes' i was surprised and told him, i would never drive my car this way ! imagine the others who might have taken his advice seriously ? unless you get a sweet offer i.e. about 10-11 lakhs on the car, its not worth it.
Oh man, that reminds me, I didnt really push the Yeti on my test drive
Il give the dealer an offer he CAN refuse

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks