Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2012, 09:18   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The Silver LittleBigFoot and a Skoda Yeti New Year 2012 EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I just got one of those aluminium colored ABS plastic protectors for the loading bay lip from superskoda. Expensive to ship here etc, but adds a lot to the functionality and the overall looks of the Yeti.
Good to know and looking forward to some good pics of the new accessory!
It should add good character to the snow monster.
I just wish that all the accessories which Skoda offers internationally were available in India.
Incidentally, if you had visited the website for the Skoda Yeti when it was launched Home page (now it is no longer functional), there was an entire section on accessories and quite a few of these were quoted there, and even mentioned prices - sadly these accessories never became available in India at any of the dealers!
I just hope that Skoda starts the accessories business too. It is actually a very profitable business for most auto companies!

Regards,
Behemoth

Last edited by Behemoth : 14th May 2012 at 09:22.
Old 14th May 2012, 10:58   #107
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth

Good to know and looking forward to some good pics of the new accessory!
It should add good character to the snow monster.
I just wish that all the accessories which Skoda offers internationally were available in India.
Incidentally, if you had visited the website for the Skoda Yeti when it was launched Home page (now it is no longer functional), there was an entire section on accessories and quite a few of these were quoted there, and even mentioned prices - sadly these accessories never became available in India at any of the dealers!
I just hope that Skoda starts the accessories business too. It is actually a very profitable business for most auto companies!

Regards,
Behemoth
You absolutely nailed it! Accessories are indeed an excellent revenue generator for auto companies world wide.
Old 14th May 2012, 15:08   #108
vij
BHPian

Quote:
I just got one of those aluminium colored ABS plastic protectors for the loading bay lip from superskoda. Expensive to ship here etc, but adds a lot to the functionality and the overall looks of the Yeti.
Is this the one? Skoda UK Decorative Rear Bumper Trim - 5L0071360

How do you get it fixed? Self or dealer?
Old 14th May 2012, 15:31   #109
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vij

Is this the one? Skoda UK Decorative Rear Bumper Trim - 5L0071360

How do you get it fixed? Self or dealer?
Yes it is. And buy it from superskoda as it's cheaper! I fixed it myself. Very easy.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 14th May 2012 at 15:43.
Old 28th May 2012, 17:40   #110

Hello Shankar,
I have just moved to Bangalore, from Montreal, and have ardently followed your and other passionate Yeti owners' (pramods, behemoth, etc) blogs over the past few years. I have been a passive member on Team-BHP ever since 2006 when I bought a Santro for my parents after research on the forums then. Now again, Team-BHP comes to the rescue, as I have decided on the 4x4 Elegance as the car to buy, not in the least owing to your excellent reviews and commentary - thank you for being an inspiring advocate for the Yeti!!
PS: I cannot seem to PM you on the forums but if you can send me your coordinates as a PM, I would like to check on a few aspects around the purchase before I finalize it with the dealers here in BLR. Thanks in advance!

Mukund
Old 28th May 2012, 18:47   #111
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mux_usa
Hello Shankar,
I have just moved to Bangalore, from Montreal, and have ardently followed your and other passionate Yeti owners' (pramods, behemoth, etc) blogs over the past few years. I have been a passive member on Team-BHP ever since 2006 when I bought a Santro for my parents after research on the forums then. Now again, Team-BHP comes to the rescue, as I have decided on the 4x4 Elegance as the car to buy, not in the least owing to your excellent reviews and commentary - thank you for being an inspiring advocate for the Yeti!!
PS: I cannot seem to PM you on the forums but if you can send me your coordinates as a PM, I would like to check on a few aspects around the purchase before I finalize it with the dealers here in BLR. Thanks in advance!

Mukund
No worries. I will connect with you. I think it is a great car and much like the Tiguan, though a bit smaller. For our city conditions this s absolutely ideal. I think you have disabled your private messages because i am unable to mail you. You can write to me via fb if you want. Same name.
Cheers.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 28th May 2012 at 18:52.
Old 30th June 2012, 18:33   #112
vij
BHPian

Took a test drive today of the Yeti. Mahavir Skoda sent the car home and it was a good experience - nice TD car and very patient guys. The car has a road presence which does not come out in the pictures.

But the the discounts offered on the 4x2 Ambition 2012 model were just 50,000 - nothing like what others have reported on the 2012 model. I pushed the sales guy but things were going nowhere. Guess will have to talk to the manager and see if things work out. No way I am going to be paying more than everyone else. Pity, would have booked it within a day or two otherwise.

Last edited by vij : 30th June 2012 at 18:40.
Old 30th June 2012, 19:12   #113
BANNED

Very odd indeed.
They are normally quite generous on discounting to move stocks. Unless of course your chaps in Hyd haven't got all that much stock to begin with!
Having said this the trend here in BLR is clearly to make the sale and at good rates - and they actually order the vehicles from Aurangabad once the firm booking is made - this has happened not only in my case but in several other cases besides.
Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by vij View Post
Took a test drive today of the Yeti. Mahavir Skoda sent the car home and it was a good experience - nice TD car and very patient guys. The car has a road presence which does not come out in the pictures.

But the the discounts offered on the 4x2 Ambition 2012 model were just 50,000 - nothing like what others have reported on the 2012 model. I pushed the sales guy but things were going nowhere. Guess will have to talk to the manager and see if things work out. No way I am going to be paying more than everyone else. Pity, would have booked it within a day or two otherwise.
Old 30th June 2012, 19:30   #114
vij
BHPian

Quote:
Very odd indeed.
They are normally quite generous on discounting to move stocks. Unless of course your chaps in Hyd haven't got all that much stock to begin with!
Having said this the trend here in BLR is clearly to make the sale and at good rates - and they actually order the vehicles from Aurangabad once the firm booking is made - this has happened not only in my case but in several other cases besides.
Cheers
I see. The price offered to me in hyd
Yeti Ambition 2.0 4x2
Ex Show-Room Price. : 1506312.00
On Road price OTR : 1802600.00
After discount : 1752600.00

I told them I wouldnt buy at this price because I know people are getting better deals.

Last edited by vij : 30th June 2012 at 19:32.
Old 30th June 2012, 19:54   #115
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vij
I see. The price offered to me in hyd
Yeti Ambition 2.0 4x2
Ex Show-Room Price. : 1506312.00
On Road price OTR : 1802600.00
After discount : 1752600.00

I told them I wouldnt buy at this price because I know people are getting better deals.
Ah! There is the rub. The higher the variant and the higher its price, the greater its discount. So the Ambition or Active 4x2 will get the lower end of the spectrum of discounts with the max being offered to the 4x4 Elegance buyer.

I understand a discount of upto 75 ish being offered in Bangalore. Don't forget thatbuying a new car in Bangalore costs much more than in Hyderabad. However, if you demonstrate your seriousness of intent I am sure you can pull out a satisfactory discount in Hyderabad too.
All the best.
Old 30th June 2012, 20:01   #116
vij
BHPian

My expectations were higher due to the post about the 1.35L discount on the 4x2 ambition in Bangalore in the "I booked a car" thread a couple of days back. Hmm, I will see how this goes.
Old 30th June 2012, 20:18   #117
BANNED

Quote:
My expectations were higher due to the post about the 1.35L discount on the 4x2 ambition in Bangalore in the "I booked a car" thread a couple of days back. Hmm, I will see how this goes.
Yes I think you are right. I think it was Kontoo who got such a deal. The chap in Bangalore has really been helpful to all the people I have referred to him.
But unfortunately I have no contacts in Hyd whom I can leverage for you.
I guess you should just land in front of them and push really hard. End of the day any sales chap will want to make a sale so you should benefit with the best rates they can offer!
Old 5th July 2012, 21:42   #118
vij
BHPian

Quote:
Yes I think you are right. I think it was Kontoo who got such a deal. The chap in Bangalore has really been helpful to all the people I have referred to him.
But unfortunately I have no contacts in Hyd whom I can leverage for you.
I guess you should just land in front of them and push really hard. End of the day any sales chap will want to make a sale so you should benefit with the best rates they can offer!
I have tried my level best and I have been categorically and politely informed by Mahavir Motors hyd that they are confident of selling the 4x2 Ambiente Yetis and will not be able to offer me 1Re more than 50,000 discount. According to them Skoda offers 30k discount and they are offering the extra 20k. The max discount possible is 65k for corporates and I dont work for anyone.

Its pretty disappointing to see people walking away with good discounts even on the 2012 models. Will be interesting/annoying to see if anyone else is getting such discounts on 2012 4x2 models.
Old 5th July 2012, 23:49   #119
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vij

I have tried my level best and I have been categorically and politely informed by Mahavir Motors hyd that they are confident of selling the 4x2 Ambiente Yetis and will not be able to offer me 1Re more than 50,000 discount. According to them Skoda offers 30k discount and they are offering the extra 20k. The max discount possible is 65k for corporates and I dont work for anyone.

Its pretty disappointing to see people walking away with good discounts even on the 2012 models. Will be interesting/annoying to see if anyone else is getting such discounts on 2012 4x2 models.
Sorry to hear that. Different market dynamics in different cities perhaps.
But I believe if you are persistent, you will win.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2012, 10:11   #120
BANNED

Quote:
Why don't you, in that case buy it from B'lore? It is possible to do so legally and can guide you over a PM in case you are interested.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks