Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2012, 12:26   #151
BANNED

re: The Silver LittleBigFoot and a Skoda Yeti New Year 2012 EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vij View Post
Calling all Yeti owners for help

do you think the dealers will have the protective rubber cladding readily available. I want to buy a used yeti as already stated, but i dont want to run with a torn protective cladding - its a small but deep cut and I hate it
PM me the part number or the picture and I will check with the Bangalore dealers here. If they have it, I ll send it to you in a KSRTC Volvo and you can pick it up from MGBS, Hyd.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2012, 12:37   #152
vij
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
PM me the part number or the picture and I will check with the Bangalore dealers here. If they have it, I ll send it to you in a KSRTC Volvo and you can pick it up from MGBS, Hyd.
Thanks devdath
btw I am talking about the thick rubber cladding on the sides towards the base of the doors.
Tried calling the dealer here but noone is taking the call - its sunday. Might need your help if these guys dont have it. Would be odd if the standard fitments are not available at a service center no?

Last edited by vij : 12th August 2012 at 12:38.
Old 12th August 2012, 12:55   #153
BANNED

Quote:
Would be odd if the standard fitments are not available at a service center no?
You are welcome Vij.
They generally should be, but slow moving parts are seldom stocked. Ordering of course is possible through any dealer.
Old 12th August 2012, 13:19   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vij

Calling all Yeti owners for help

Do you think the dealers will have the protective rubber cladding readily available. I want to buy a used yeti as already stated, but i dont want to be left with a torn protective cladding - its a small but deep cut and I hate it
Hi Vij
The running board cladding might not be easily available with the workshop as this would rarely get damaged. If it is available in the factory the dealer should be able to source it in 3-4 days. You could also try a temporary solution with PU adhesive, and stick the cladding and fill in any torn areas. This should look ok till the time that you get it replaced.
regards
Behemoth
Old 12th August 2012, 17:00   #155
vij
BHPian

Now I and the seller are in the 13.4L negotiating area for the 2012 Jan (VIN Dec 2011) 4x2 yeti and I am trying to bring it down a tad more. The car looks and drives well but I am sooo nervous. Reg tax/insurance is paid by the owner but the car is still running on temporary plates.
Old 12th August 2012, 17:06   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Now I and the seller are in the 13.4L negotiating area for the 2012 Jan (VIN Dec 2011) 4x2 yeti and I am trying to bring it down a tad more. The car looks and drives well but I am sooo nervous. Reg tax/insurance is paid by the owner but the car is still running on temporary plates.
now now there is an issue here. if Life time Tax has been paid why is the car on Temp Plates ? Does he have the Registration certificate / Smart card ? i do not find an explanation for having a temporary plate !
Old 4th September 2012, 13:47   #157
BHPian

Hi Shankar - My yeti has hit the 15k mark and i will be going in for my first service this weekend. It has been a dream owning this car and hindsight makes me an incredibly proud owner so far - not a single hitch, issue or trouble she has given me despite the extensive travel with many a bad patch and rain along the way. I seem to have inspired a new found respect amongst my car friends even!!

I did not do the 7.5k check up based on general feedback. I have chosen Vinayak based on your feedback over TAFE. I have been qouted around Rs 8,500 over the phone by the lady who booked my appointment as the standard rate. Just wanted to check if you have completed yours? Is around a 9k bill to be expected (without any other hitches/ problems identified)? Also can you please tell me if there is anyone at KR Puram service station that i should speak to while handing over for service?

Can other owners please comment too?

Thank you all for your time.
Old 4th September 2012, 14:35   #158
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonhead View Post
Also can you please tell me if there is anyone at KR Puram service station that i should speak to while handing over for service?
The costs seem to be reasonably ok but slightly higher however, if you can get a break up, it would clarify things further.

I recommend you go the Okhalipuram WS instead of the KR Puram unit since it is far less crowded and hence the work done is of a much better quality.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2012, 14:58   #159
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Shankar - My yeti has hit the 15k mark and i will be going in for my first service this weekend. It has been a dream owning this car and hindsight makes me an incredibly proud owner so far - not a single hitch, issue or trouble she has given me despite the extensive travel with many a bad patch and rain along the way. I seem to have inspired a new found respect amongst my car friends even!!

I did not do the 7.5k check up based on general feedback. I have chosen Vinayak based on your feedback over TAFE. I have been qouted around Rs 8,500 over the phone by the lady who booked my appointment as the standard rate. Just wanted to check if you have completed yours? Is around a 9k bill to be expected (without any other hitches/ problems identified)? Also can you please tell me if there is anyone at KR Puram service station that i should speak to while handing over for service?

Can other owners please comment too?

Thank you all for your time.
Hi Demonhead,

Yes, this is a fair estimate of the service cost. Rough breakup of the costs (IIRC) is :
Around 4800 for 4 liters engine oil (Castrol Magnatec)
Around 1200 for Air, Oil and Pollen filters (total)
+ Labour + Service tax (12.5%)
Should land up total around 8K for these. If you take any additional items, like 3M Interior cleaning/ Polishing they are extra.

Regards,
Behemoth
Behemoth is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2012, 15:11   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Shankar - My yeti has hit the 15k mark and i will be going in for my first service this weekend.

I did not do the 7.5k check up based on general feedback.
I have been qouted around Rs 8,500 over the phone by the lady who booked my appointment as the standard rate
Is around a 9k bill to be expected (without any other hitches/ problems identified)?.
I didn't do any 7.5 K check up either. Not yet done the 1st service but had taken an apt about 2 weeks ago for the same and was told by the SA that it would be about 6300/- Only Engine Oil and Oil Filter would be changed at 15K. Diesel filter at 30K. Cancelled the Apt hence not yet done
Get your tyres rotated. They mentioned some 900/ for cleaning the water tubing that lets water travel down from the windscreen since it get s clogged with Leaves and dirt but I'm not sure it's required
Cheers
deutscheafrikar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2012, 18:56   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
The costs seem to be reasonably ok but slightly higher however, if you can get a break up, it would clarify things further.

I recommend you go the Okhalipuram WS instead of the KR Puram unit since it is far less crowded and hence the work done is of a much better quality.
Thanks for your time n.devdath. I live near old madras road and i thought KR Puram was a lot closer..
Old 4th September 2012, 20:49   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your time n.devdath. I live near old madras road and i thought KR Puram was a lot closer..
If you are going to K.R Puram then get in touch with Prem (S.A)
Old 9th September 2012, 19:41   #163
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

So we did another good-ish trip in the Yeti.
My wife and I decided suddenly at the breakfast table on Friday to attack Coimbatore and eat Annapoorna Dosas so I rang a pal there who fixed us up for accommodation etc. Cosmo Club is very nice indeed.

Lovely drive in the YetiBeast all the way from BLR - a most excellent road through Krishnagiri, Salem, Avanashi to Coimbatore, almost completely deserted and the best thing is that there has been a lot of development along the way these last couple of years. A decent amount of eateries and things.

The only part of the journey out which was bad was the last 50 odd kms to Coimbatore from Avanashi which is a real pain on account of the road works.

Then in Coimbatore we went to see a lovely film - To Rome with Love - very good movie and satirical depiction of the Italians!

Next day we decided on the spur of the moment to drive up to Ooty and spend a night there so I rang the Club and got ourselves a room.

Again an excellent drive up the main Mettupalayam Road to Ooty and the Yeti performed just deliciously. Quite nice to re-visit some scenes of childhood like Mettupalayam Railway Station and see the old Steam Train and the Sheds etc. Some nice places there I must say.Stopped in Coonoor at MacIver's Retreat for a most excellent meal and then drove up to Ooty to do all the usual jazz there. MacIvers retreat is owned by someone I know. It is a very good job done of restoration and reinvention, in my opinion.

Lovely cosy room at the Club with a roaring fire in the hearth etc.

Ooty and its surrounds looks splendid after the monsoons and indeed, in the "second summer" in Sep/Oct! The Club gardens in particular really make one feel great - glorying in the bounty of nature!

A few 'quick ones' at the Club and we toddled off to the Savoy for a Colonial Menu sampler. Just for fun. Very nice indeed. The Lamb curry was rather yummy!

This morning, after a large and delicious typically 'club' breakfast, we drove off from Ooty, dawdled around in Pykara Boat House for a bit and took the easy scenic route back via Gudalur. Near Pykara Boat house I decided to put the Yeti through some minor "articulation" and "squishy roading". A gentle, pleasant drive back otherwise.

The roads all the way from Ooty through Gudalur through Mudumalai, Bandipur, Nanjangud, Mysore to Bangalore are lovely -without exception. Unfortunately we did not see much by way of Wildlife except for a solitary elephant (who may have actually been a tame chap), a few peacocks (whose pics I got) and a threesome of the Great Indian Gaur whose mug shots I failed to get!

However the unruly behaviour of motorists on the Mysore Bangalore stretch is really terrible. That road is becoming more and more un-bearable as the days go by!

Suffice it to say that the Yeti performed superbly throughout. Effortless road manners, excellent feel, brilliant comfort and luxury, superb music system and in general, all the Euro Luxe that I appreciate. Returning an FE of 19 Kmpl - with some pretty spirited driving too! I am more and more amazed, the more I drive that car.

Glad I bought it!!

Here are a few pics taken here and there...

( By the way the Annapoorna dosas were excellent!)
Attached Thumbnails
The Silver LittleBigFoot and a Skoda Yeti New Year 2012 EDIT: Sold!-dsc09127.jpg  

The Silver LittleBigFoot and a Skoda Yeti New Year 2012 EDIT: Sold!-dsc09162.jpg  

The Silver LittleBigFoot and a Skoda Yeti New Year 2012 EDIT: Sold!-dsc09171.jpg  

The Silver LittleBigFoot and a Skoda Yeti New Year 2012 EDIT: Sold!-dsc09172.jpg  

The Silver LittleBigFoot and a Skoda Yeti New Year 2012 EDIT: Sold!-dsc09173.jpg  

The Silver LittleBigFoot and a Skoda Yeti New Year 2012 EDIT: Sold!-dsc09205.jpg  

The Silver LittleBigFoot and a Skoda Yeti New Year 2012 EDIT: Sold!-dsc09242.jpg  

The Silver LittleBigFoot and a Skoda Yeti New Year 2012 EDIT: Sold!-dsc09250.jpg  

The Silver LittleBigFoot and a Skoda Yeti New Year 2012 EDIT: Sold!-dsc09253.jpg  

The Silver LittleBigFoot and a Skoda Yeti New Year 2012 EDIT: Sold!-dsc09254.jpg  

The Silver LittleBigFoot and a Skoda Yeti New Year 2012 EDIT: Sold!-dsc09262.jpg  

The Silver LittleBigFoot and a Skoda Yeti New Year 2012 EDIT: Sold!-dsc09275.jpg  

The Silver LittleBigFoot and a Skoda Yeti New Year 2012 EDIT: Sold!-dsc09291.jpg  

The Silver LittleBigFoot and a Skoda Yeti New Year 2012 EDIT: Sold!-dsc09301.jpg  

The Silver LittleBigFoot and a Skoda Yeti New Year 2012 EDIT: Sold!-dsc09302.jpg  

The Silver LittleBigFoot and a Skoda Yeti New Year 2012 EDIT: Sold!-dsc09303.jpg  

The Silver LittleBigFoot and a Skoda Yeti New Year 2012 EDIT: Sold!-dsc09313.jpg  

The Silver LittleBigFoot and a Skoda Yeti New Year 2012 EDIT: Sold!-dsc09316.jpg  

The Silver LittleBigFoot and a Skoda Yeti New Year 2012 EDIT: Sold!-dsc09317.jpg  

The Silver LittleBigFoot and a Skoda Yeti New Year 2012 EDIT: Sold!-dsc09327.jpg  

The Silver LittleBigFoot and a Skoda Yeti New Year 2012 EDIT: Sold!-dsc09330.jpg  

Last edited by shankar.balan : 9th September 2012 at 20:08.
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2012, 19:54   #164
Senior - BHPian

Shankar,
19kmpl beats my swift, what speeds were you doing ? I mean cruising speed.
Every time I read your thread I change my wallpaper to Skoda Yeti and after I red avinash's thread I change it to cruze. LOL.
Thanks for the report saaar.
Old 9th September 2012, 20:02   #165
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150
Shankar,
19kmpl beats my swift, what speeds were you doing ? I mean cruising speed.
Every time I read your thread I change my wallpaper to Skoda Yeti and after I red avinash's thread I change it to cruze. LOL.
Thanks for the report saaar.
Hey.
I am basically a lazy, chilled out sort of driver who enjoys cruising at about 90 to 100 while listening to some excellent Jazz or something of the kind. Once in a way on a super open stretch I might send it up a bit, but I mostly drive around 40 to 70 in the hills and 90 to 110 on the plains highways.
Am not out to beat any records or the clock. Would like to reach home peacefully after an enjoyable relaxing driving holiday.
There is a fine line which I do not cross, in terms of speed!
The Yeti is truly one wonderful vehicle. I cannot think of any other vehicle that meets my needs and wants quite so well!
The FE is phenomenal indeed. I get 13 to 14 in the city judging by the last few months. This is the fist time I have clocked 19 on the highway. I must say however that the roads were brilliant so changing down on the gears was more seldom than normal in my experience. One was able to cruise for long periods without interruption.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks