Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2012, 12:40   #136
vij
BHPian

re: The Silver LittleBigFoot and a Skoda Yeti New Year 2012 EDIT: Sold!

Got a call from Mahavir Skoda. Says there will be a 2% hike from next month from Skoda and it will be better not to delay the purchase due to religious reasons. I called his bluff but he told me "you will get the information yourself in the next 2 weeks, just letting you know beforehand."
Old 16th July 2012, 09:12   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vij View Post
There is this 4x4 Elegance that has been a 2011 DEALER demo car since Jan 2011 and has run 30,000 kms - has some mild scratches but runs good. What do you reckon would be a decent price. OTR hyd for a new 2012 car is ~ 21.25L
Do keep in mind that the Odo meter of TD vehicles are quite often rigged. I was recently TD'ing a car where the sales rep gave in on prodding about low mileage on Odo. He said they stop the Odo when the car makes out of station trips.
Old 21st July 2012, 14:03   #138
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

I went to KR Puram where the Vinayak Skoda Service Station is located.

Met their GM and a Service Advisor there. Both very helpful people indeed.

Got the Yeti checked out and inspected because it has crossed 6 months of ownership now and has clocked around 7400 kms.

All is well I believe. They checked the fluids and oils and found those to be in order. They cleaned the Air filter.

They ran the regular scan on the vehicle too I believe and all was found to be in order.

The inspection took about an hour and a quarter during which we sat in their lounge.

Now I shall only need to give the vehicle for its first proper service which is due only in November when it is about to complete a year with me.

Incidentally for all interested Yeti Owners, the Vinayak chaps can arrange for the the Mobile phone Blue tooth unit from Skoda Europe, through Skoda India Aurangabad.

There are two variants of this. One has a a display unit attached, looks neat and snazzy and costs 24000 plus Rs 3000 fitment charges. The other costs Rs 13000 plus Rs 3000 fitment charges but doesn't have a display. I prefer the one with display. Will probably buy it soon and fix it.

It is an original Skoda part so no worries with warranty etc.

Cheerio.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2012, 16:18   #139
BHPian

Does this mobile phone bluetooth kit has ipod/usb connectivity feature?
Old 21st July 2012, 16:26   #140
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u
I don't think it does.
Old 21st July 2012, 16:59   #141
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
Check the 8th page of the attached pdf. I guess those are add-ons Shankar mentioned.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 20_Yeti_Accessories_ENG.pdf (2.34 MB, 464 views)
Old 21st July 2012, 17:05   #142
BHPian

But i guess one can connect the iPod via bluetooth. That way one can stream the music. This works in most of the car bluetooth kits.
Old 10th August 2012, 15:21   #143
vij
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post

There are two variants of this. One has a a display unit attached, looks neat and snazzy and costs 24000 plus Rs 3000 fitment charges. The other costs Rs 13000 plus Rs 3000 fitment charges but doesn't have a display. I prefer the one with display. Will probably buy it soon and fix it.

It is an original Skoda part so no worries with warranty etc.

Cheerio.
Wow - you know quite a bit about the costs. I really need your help here bro. A Matto Brown 6 months old Skoda 4x2 yeti(16k kms done) is for sale and it looks spic and span. Just the rubber cladding on the left has a tear in it and need to fix a small star scratch on the front.

How much do you think that rubber cladding(they cant do the left cladding alone I guess, will have to purchase the whole set) will take to replace. Also what would be a ball park figure to replace the rear bumper(only as minor scratches on it)...

Car price is 14.25 final. New car will entail some other formalities that I would like to avoid(ya that aspect) - so considering used,

Rough estimate will help.

Last edited by vij : 10th August 2012 at 15:23.
Old 10th August 2012, 17:30   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vij

Car price is 14.25 final. New car will entail some other formalities that I would like to avoid(ya that aspect) - so considering used,

IMO 14.25 is a little on a higher side. I picked up mine from mumbai for 15.68 OTR after 2.25L discount ( 4x2 ambition brand new 2011 model). How much does a new one cost in Hyderabad after discount?
sagpatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2012, 19:58   #145
vij
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
IMO 14.25 is a little on a higher side. I picked up mine from mumbai for 15.68 OTR after 2.25L discount ( 4x2 ambition brand new 2011 model). How much does a new one cost in Hyderabad after discount?
You think so? Maybe I should bargain further - doesnt look like he will come down. Btw, in Hyd, there are no 2011 models available from the dealer

Currently OTR price for skoda 2012 4x2 Ambiente in Hyd is 18.31(was 18.01L last month ). Discounts on offer is 90k(including corporate discount) and that makes it about 17.4L

This used car is manufactured in Dec 2011 and registered in Jan 2012. Looks well maintained, if anything seems to drive better than the skoda test drive car...But has the problems I mentioned which I plan to get rectified and so want to know the costs involved.

Last edited by vij : 10th August 2012 at 20:11.
Old 10th August 2012, 21:39   #146
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vij

Wow - you know quite a bit about the costs. I really need your help here bro. A Matto Brown 6 months old Skoda 4x2 yeti(16k kms done) is for sale and it looks spic and span. Just the rubber cladding on the left has a tear in it and need to fix a small star scratch on the front.

How much do you think that rubber cladding(they cant do the left cladding alone I guess, will have to purchase the whole set) will take to replace. Also what would be a ball park figure to replace the rear bumper(only as minor scratches on it)...

I am really not an expert like Behemoth, pramods, sunilrj and others. But to me, 14.25 for a 6 month old Yeti with 16000kms on the clock seems a bit high. Considering it is not yet a popular vehicle and there will be few takers, push him if you can for a lower price of around 13.5. That will be a good deal.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2012, 06:20   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I am really not an expert like Behemoth, pramods, sunilrj and others. But to me, 14.25 for a 6 month old Yeti with 16000kms on the clock seems a bit high. Considering it is not yet a popular vehicle and there will be few takers, push him if you can for a lower price of around 13.5. That will be a good deal.
if the OTR is about 18.31/- the knock off a straight 3 - 4 lakhs for the first year to arrive at the Optimum Purchase Price. this is a rule of thumb for C segment and above. then take the current ex-showroom price without considering the Insurance, RoadTax, EW and compare it with the offer price. From the ex-showroom price 15% to be knocked off and you will get your Highest and Lowest Price that you can pay.

also take into account the cost of the repairs / replacement that are to be done on the car. 16000 Kms in 6 Months is quite a distance that has been clocked. thats roughtly 2700 Kms a Month or 100 Kms a Day!

rubber cladding ? do you mean the rub rails on the door,( the black strips that are on the middle of all doors) or the protective cover on the running boards ? Rub rails IMHO one piece can be purchased, whereas the protective cover comes as a Set.

Bumper replacement would be in the range of 15K

Last edited by Sunilrj : 11th August 2012 at 06:23.
Sunilrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2012, 11:27   #148
vij
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
if the OTR is about 18.31/- the knock off a straight 3 - 4 lakhs for the first year to arrive at the Optimum Purchase Price. this is a rule of thumb for C segment and above. then take the current ex-showroom price without considering the Insurance, RoadTax, EW and compare it with the offer price. From the ex-showroom price 15% to be knocked off and you will get your Highest and Lowest Price that you can pay.

also take into account the cost of the repairs / replacement that are to be done on the car. 16000 Kms in 6 Months is quite a distance that has been clocked. thats roughtly 2700 Kms a Month or 100 Kms a Day!

rubber cladding ? do you mean the rub rails on the door,( the black strips that are on the middle of all doors) or the protective cover on the running boards ? Rub rails IMHO one piece can be purchased, whereas the protective cover comes as a Set.

Thank you for this post
The sticker price for a new 2012 model is 18.31 OTR, but the price after discounts is 17.4 OTR. So not more than 13.5 should be the right price?

Quote:

Thanks for asking. I was no sure of the correct term. Not the thin strip at the middle. Its the thicker rubber thingy towards the base of the doors. That doesn't look like its going to be cheap for a Yeti. Are they even available readily at the showrooms or will they have to be imported. Any idea?

Last edited by vij : 11th August 2012 at 11:38.
Old 11th August 2012, 11:31   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vij View Post
Thanks for asking. I was no sure of the correct term. Not the thing strip at the middle. Its the thicker rubber thingy towards the base of the doors. That doesn't look like its going to be cheap for a Yeti.
Thats the Protective Running Board Cladding. Its Rubberised Plastic, just like the Bumper. The Aluminium Coloured Version Costs 35K. This thing should be around 20k
Sunilrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2012, 12:24   #150
vij
BHPian

Quote:
Thats the Protective Running Board Cladding. Its Rubberised Plastic, just like the Bumper. The Aluminium Coloured Version Costs 35K. This thing should be around 20k
Calling all Yeti owners for help

Do you think the dealers will have the protective rubber cladding readily available. I want to buy a used yeti as already stated, but i dont want to be left with a torn protective cladding - its a small but deep cut and I hate it

Last edited by vij : 12th August 2012 at 12:26.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks