Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2012, 13:31   #76
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere
So looks like Cruise mode is a beautiful feature for the highways.
This is the first data on highway mileage of Fiesta that I have seen. Thanks for sharing.

Sincerely hope the new Ecosport comes with the cruise control feature.
Ampere, have you narrowed down your new car purchase? And when is it likely to happen?
Old 16th February 2012, 13:42   #77
Team-BHP Support

re: My 2012 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi. EDIT: Now 60000 kms completed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Ampere, have you narrowed down your new car purchase? And when is it likely to happen?
@Mustang,

Ecosport was always under consideration (apart from Duster). This was in my thoughts even before Auto Expo.
I am not in a hurry to change my Fusion. (I am looking till year end)

I will change only when I am convinced of a worthy successor!
I am counting the above two, Ecosport in particular.
Old 16th February 2012, 13:53   #78
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
@Mustang,

Ecosport was always under consideration (apart from Duster). This was in my thoughts even before Auto Expo.

I had the opportunity to look at the Ford Ecosport at Express Avenue last weekend. The car seemed to be fully loaded and i am sure Ford will not miss out the Cruise control (even more now as even the Xylo E9 comes with this feature). Ecosport also comes with a keyless entry. Few pics that i took of the metallic orange car.

My 2012 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi. EDIT: Sold at 116,430 Km-dsc08896optimized.jpg
My 2012 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi. EDIT: Sold at 116,430 Km-dsc08903optimized.jpg

The keyless entry was evident with this black button on the door handle.
My 2012 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi. EDIT: Sold at 116,430 Km-dsc08904optimized.jpg
My 2012 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi. EDIT: Sold at 116,430 Km-dsc08905optimized.jpg
My 2012 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi. EDIT: Sold at 116,430 Km-dsc08907optimized.jpg
My 2012 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi. EDIT: Sold at 116,430 Km-dsc08908optimized.jpg
My 2012 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi. EDIT: Sold at 116,430 Km-dsc08910optimized.jpg

Having owned a Fusion, i am sure Ecosport is its logical replacement (ofcourse, if Ford prices it sensibly)
MAS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2012, 14:06   #79
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere

@Mustang,

Are you looking at petrol or diesel version of these cars? Even i will decide to replace my fusion with a fiesta or an ecosport after the eosport launches but this time i am going to go for a petrol mill. But i will change my car not before the second half of 2013.
Old 16th February 2012, 14:16   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
@Mustang,

[OT] Same pinch Ampere. The Duster & Ecosport are on the top of my priority list too as a replacement for my trustworthy old Indica. Me too in no hurry to make a beeline at the dealership with the booking amount. For both these cars the procedure that I am going to follow is:
1. When the car is launched evaluate the price against the features, characteristics, goodies offered by the car. Even if not very VFM, it should give the worth of my every hard earned rupee.
2. Await for TBHP Test Drive & Review. Half the battle will be won if TBHP gives a thumbs up.
3. Await for actual owner's feedback & observe for a period of 6 months to a year when all the initial niggles should be sorted out.

The above may seem like a "Governments 5-Year Plan", but then I don't want to repent the next 8 years on making a wrong choice, hence the due diligence. My current ride would be completing 8 years this July & its replacement in all probability would stay with me no lesser than same duration.
Old 16th February 2012, 15:13   #81
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Are you looking at petrol or diesel version of these cars? Even i will decide to replace my fusion with a fiesta or an ecosport after the eosport launches but this time i am going to go for a petrol mill.
I will start getting serious from mid year. Diesel was always on my mind.
But the way govt. policy goes, I may change depending on the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
[OT] Same pinch Ampere. The Duster & Ecosport are on the top of my priority list too as a replacement for my trustworthy old Indica.
I was always swayed toward Ford (having owned a Ford).
But will evaluate both of the guys before deciding.
My current problem is that I need to change my suspensions, which would cost me dearly.
But considering I drive the current car for another 10K more, I would make that change.
Old 16th February 2012, 15:58   #82
Senior - BHPian

@MAS: Thanks a lot for sharing those pics. Did you get a chance to peep in? I really wish Ford launches the EcoSport in the same avatar and not some downgraded-cost-sensitive-Indianized version. They had managed to maintain almost the same quality of the International Fiesta in the Indian version (Mustang can correct if I am wrong), but they screwed up the price.

For all those considering either EcoSport or Duster, let me tell you one thing. EcoSport is a compact/mini SUV and Duster is a full-size SUV, albeit being 5 seater. The Duster is more like Nissan X-Trail. I personally would prefer the EcoSport to the Duster for multiple reasons. Anyways, its getting really on this thread. Lets discuss this on the Ecosport or Duster threads.
Old 16th February 2012, 20:58   #83
Team-BHP Support

Request members to stick to the topic, before we break-out the broomstick

This thread is about a Ford Fiesta and NOT the EcoSport. Further off-topic posts will be deleted.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 16th February 2012 at 21:00.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2012, 00:27   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Few points about the new MPL 3S facility
- This is a brand new facility being inaugurated today by Ford's MD, Micheal Boneham.
- This is on the road connecting Pallikaranai and Pallavaram (next to Lanson Toyota)
- Biggest service facility for MPL in Chennai
- Since it is a combination of Sales, Service and Spares; it is easy to find the top brass of MPL in this facility
- MPL is also opening an accident repair workshop close to this 3S facility (about 300 meters further towards Pallavaram)
Thanks for the info.

This facility is on the way to my office and I have been watching it from day 1 of its construction. Until the name board 'ford' was placed, I was surprised what it will be near a Toyota showroom. Till now it is lighting up with only 'ford' and 'service' instead of any thing like 'showroom' which confused me until I have seen some new cars through glasses when I am passing it every day.

And also this below link proved it that ford is serious about putting strong foot in Indian market with upcoming new models lined up:

Ford India Expands By 45 Outlets At 35 Locations In One Day!

This is making a confident on new customers like me to go for ford cars in future with the quality of cars like New Ford Fiesta launched even though the issue about pricing the product is apart.
Old 21st February 2012, 14:15   #85
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Ford has been trying hard to become customer centric.

I received this mail today (even though it is more than 7 weeks after i purchased the car).

Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 2869
Size:  179.1 KB

The mail had a link to a "general" welcome video addressed by Mr. Micheal Boneham.

I would say, it is a nice gesture from Ford India.
Old 6th April 2012, 11:50   #86
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Update: 5000 km of pure fun

I had been travelling away from the Fiesta for almost two months now. Returned from a trip to Brazil, where i found cute cartoon stickers on many cars. Picked up two sets of the cartoon stickers (one for the Fiesta and other for the new car which would replace my 11 year old Santro) while driving down to Sao Paulo. Put one set on the rear glass of the Fiesta.

My 2012 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi. EDIT: Sold at 116,430 Km-cute-cartoon-familyoptimized.jpg

The car is running well with 5000 kms on the clock in exactly 3 months. It is a far cry from my average 3K/month on the Fusion. Took it yesterday for a short trip to Tada and back. Drives like a dream and just hugs the road so well, that it actually encourages me to push it around the corners and sweeping long curves. The average mileage in these 5K kms is 19.65 kmpl of Diesel.

In these interesting 5K kms, i noticed yet another good feature is the new Fiesta. While upshifting and when the clutch level is pressed, the rpm falls exactly to the rpm the engine would run when the next gear is slotted. This avoids any rude jerks while upshifting. If the clutch level is pressed for a longer period of time, the rpm comes down to an idle. Any one else noticed this?

There is a slight bit of rattle from both the front windows and somewhere, sometime a irritating "creeeek" noise from the dash. The noise from the steering is present and i will hopefully get it rectified at the second service due in 10K kms.
Old 1st May 2012, 22:14   #87
MAS
Senior - BHPian

7000 kms Update

7000 km update:

Crossed 7K kms today. Mileage is still strong and averaged 19.68 kmpl during the first 7K kms.

I took the car for a one day visit to Dindigul (Chennai - Dindigul-Chennai). Since the car had crossed 5k kms, I pushed it slightly harder than usual. I was surprised at the way the car responded to my right foot's pressure. Thanks to its amazing handling,I was able to criss cross through fast moving highway traffic while retuning to Chennai (after Dindivanum). I had a big smile on my face when returned home (much like the Indica add) Inspire of the heavier right foot, the car returned an amazing 4.9 litre/100 kms.

I received a call from MPL Ford yesterday. The customer service manager, Mr Sampath informed me that Ford has issued a new TSB (Technical service bulletin) for fixing the starting noise. I will still wait for the second free service to address the issue.
MAS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2012, 22:18   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS
7000 km update:

Crossed 7K kms today. Mileage is still strong and averaged 19.68 kmpl during the first 7K kms.

I took the car for a one day visit to Dindigul (Chennai - Dindigul-Chennai). Since the car had crossed 5k kms, I pushed it slightly harder than usual. I was surprised at the way the car responded to my right foot's pressure. Thanks to its amazing handling,I was able to criss cross through fast moving highway traffic while retuning to Chennai (after Dindivanum). I had a big smile on my face when returned home (much like the Indica add) Inspire of the heavier right foot, the car returned an amazing 4.9 litre/100 kms.
What speeds were you maintaining on this trip?
How are you calculating the FE for 7k kms ?

Last edited by F150 : 1st May 2012 at 22:20.
Old 1st May 2012, 23:21   #89
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
What speeds were you maintaining on this trip?
How are you calculating the FE for 7k kms ?
Speed on the highway ranged between 100 - 110 kmph, not very much different to my earlier drives. The difference was more while weaving in and out of traffic on the highway, where I was pushing the car harder, sometimes taking the rpm to over 2500.

I also attribute this high mileage to the cruise control, set at 100 kmph, which also takes away a lot of stress and makes the drive more relaxed & enjoyable.

I maintain a log sheet in an excel file. The log contains the number of litres of Diesel, Odo readings against each fill, mileage in every fill compared to what the MID shows, so on and so forth. The average mileage is calculated from the mileage of individual fills.
Old 2nd May 2012, 07:27   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS

Speed on the highway ranged between 100 - 110 kmph, not very much different to my earlier drives. The difference was more while weaving in and out of traffic on the highway, where I was pushing the car harder, sometimes taking the rpm to over 2500.

I also attribute this high mileage to the cruise control, set at 100 kmph, which also takes away a lot of stress and makes the drive more relaxed & enjoyable.

I maintain a log sheet in an excel file. The log contains the number of litres of Diesel, Odo readings against each fill, mileage in every fill compared to what the MID shows, so on and so forth. The average mileage is calculated from the mileage of individual fills.
Thanks for sharing the info.
Cruise control, I missed that feature in my swift during my trip to delhi.
About time indian cars got this feature.
If you are an android user try using fuel log app.
F150 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks