Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2012, 23:50   #46
BHPian

re: The ULTIMAT3 - F30 BMW 328i EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust & INJEN intake!

Fantastic review bro! & Congrats on the ride. The white/red combo looks killer IMO! And the option to choose between different modes is quite handy and will attract a lot of customers. The E90 feels like its on Sports mode all the time...haha, which might be a great thing for an enthusiast but apparently it did drive away some of the sophisticated buyers. Once again congrats... Drive safe! Cheers!
Old 24th August 2012, 10:46   #47
Senior - BHPian

re: The ULTIMAT3 - F30 BMW 328i EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust & INJEN intake!

Congratulations on getting an exclusive piece of machinery.
Trust me i know EXACTLY how that feels..
Honestly i preferred the looks of the e90 to this but having said the performance on this seems to be truly amazing.
You are already part of the DDT group on fb right ?
Oh boy, up until now i only had a 530d keeping up with me now i have another car to worry about
Welcome aboard and congrats again
PlatzdaTurbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2012, 11:23   #48
BHPian

Congratulations for the new car mate!
Your review is excellent, all the right details and features covered!
The car looks outstanding and I absolutely love the alloys!!

All the best and happy driving!
Old 24th August 2012, 13:06   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12 View Post
The E90 feels like its on Sports mode all the time...haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantbhatia84 View Post
Congratulations for the new car mate!
Your review is excellent, all the right details and features covered!
The car looks outstanding and I absolutely love the alloys!!

All the best and happy driving!
Thanks a lot !

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Congratulations on getting an exclusive piece of machinery.
Trust me i know EXACTLY how that feels..
Honestly i preferred the looks of the e90 to this but having said the performance on this seems to be truly amazing.
You are already part of the DDT group on fb right ?
Oh boy, up until now i only had a 530d keeping up with me now i have another car to worry about
Welcome aboard and congrats again
Thanks man ! Yes i am added up @ DDT group on FB.

In fact i fancy your machine as well, very unique (im sure only a handful would be there in India) and a well deserved engine for the A4, keep it up
Old 24th August 2012, 14:53   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post

Thanks a lot !

Thanks man ! Yes i am added up @ DDT group on FB.

In fact i fancy your machine as well, very unique (im sure only a handful would be there in India) and a well deserved engine for the A4, keep it up
Thanks. To be precise there might be around 3 in the country , Audi India's car included. Gives me a real good feeling.

Anyway see you on the next drive. Drive safe
Old 24th August 2012, 17:41   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. To be precise there might be around 3 in the country , Audi India's car included. Gives me a real good feeling.

Anyway see you on the next drive. Drive safe
A few weeks back I was checking classifieds and I saw a 3.0 A4 listed for sale. The owner even mentioned about the uniqueness of the car. It had the 3.0 badging. Price was around 24L.
Old 24th August 2012, 23:12   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Fuel Efficiency & ECO PRO Mode ;

Just got back from a drive (Mulund > Powai > Sion > Mulund)

For people who are from out of Mumbai the above route consist of 70 % Highway (Internal) & 30 % City roads (Traffic)

Start Time : 8:15 pm

Traffic Conditions : Light to Moderate

Was driving in ECO PRO Mode throughout.

I Started from Mulund reset the Journey Computer before hitting the eastern express Highway, then set off towards Powai.

I got a FE of 14.6 Km/l before exiting the highway which i drove for about 6 km before taking the turn for Powai;

The ULTIMAT3- F30 BMW 328i. EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust, Injen Intake & Steinbauer Power Module-1.jpg

^ That is staggering , gives me an idea if i continued this way i would have crossed 15 km/l mark & maintained it.

After reaching Powai, Hiranandani my FE dropped due to some traffic and hilly area but achieved 11.7 km/l ;

The ULTIMAT3- F30 BMW 328i. EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust, Injen Intake & Steinbauer Power Module-2.jpg

After 1hr 41 Mins & 51 kms of more driving i.e. to Sion & back Mulund i achieved 11.5 km/l (Overall) ;

The ULTIMAT3- F30 BMW 328i. EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust, Injen Intake & Steinbauer Power Module-3.jpg

The ULTIMAT3- F30 BMW 328i. EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust, Injen Intake & Steinbauer Power Module-4.jpg

^ Also you can see i gained 10.6 km in range (in blue) after the entire 51 km drive, not bad at all

Note : Did not give more than 25 % Throttle ( Sometimes 50 % odd for overtaking )

AUTO START / STOP Function;

The ULTIMAT3- F30 BMW 328i. EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust, Injen Intake & Steinbauer Power Module-img_4245.jpg

This Function automatically shuts down the engine to reduce the Fuel Consumption.

As you come to a halt (the brake pedal pressed) the engine shuts down & as soon as the brake pedal is released the engine fires back to life. All this happens very silently though and the best part is the passengers don't come to know about it as the AC also remains on.

The question may arise that in Indian traffic conditions the system / engine would go through a grind, but the tech is that the engine once shut down will not shut off again after you have just moved a few feet away (in case of bumper to bumper), but after covering a certain distance it does shut down again. Not quite sure how it works but surely very intelligent. ( May be it is designed for Fuel Saving on Red Lights/Traffic Signals)

Also on slopes/hilly areas this function does not operate/inactive. May be because the the car should not roll back on release of break pedal so it becomes in-active again. Not sure but will re-confirm about this later on.

So yes this system / tech helped in a way to achieve the above FE figures.

Last edited by karan561 : 24th August 2012 at 23:24.
karan561 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2012, 09:31   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
A few weeks back I was checking classifieds and I saw a 3.0 A4 listed for sale. The owner even mentioned about the uniqueness of the car. It had the 3.0 badging. Price was around 24L.

Yes that is bhpian 'mokshe' 's car. I included that one when i said a total of 3
That one is in Delhi and i dont know if it has been bought by anyone or not.
Old 25th August 2012, 12:06   #54
Senior - BHPian

@karan. Buddy I would suggest please rethink about the BSI.

Quote:

Yes that is bhpian 'mokshe' 's car. I included that one when i said a total of 3
That one is in Delhi and i dont know if it has been bought by anyone or not.

That car belongs to a Team-Bhpian as well? Wow, Anyway, the price was pretty good I guess.
Old 25th August 2012, 12:59   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561
Fuel Efficiency & ECO PRO Mode ;

Just got back from a drive (Mulund > Powai > Sion > Mulund)

I got a FE of 14.6 Km/l before exiting the highway which i drove for about 6 km before taking the turn for Powai;

After 1hr 41 Mins & 51 kms of more driving i.e. to Sion & back Mulund i achieved 11.5 km/l (Overall) ;
Fantastic car, fabulous thread, and amazing mileage. The only question is how you found the self control to stay in Eco Pro mode throughout in a car with such amazing performance. Test drove this car and then drove the 320d - the 328i is eons ahead in performance. I only wish they introduce a more conservative luxury trim at Rs. 4-5 lakhs less (I am not keen on the larger screen, sun roof or heads up display) - and I think they would attract a number of customers from the 320d.
Old 25th August 2012, 16:21   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
Fantastic car, fabulous thread, and amazing mileage. The only question is how you found the self control to stay in Eco Pro mode throughout in a car with such amazing performance. Test drove this car and then drove the 320d - the 328i is eons ahead in performance. I only wish they introduce a more conservative luxury trim at Rs. 4-5 lakhs less (I am not keen on the larger screen, sun roof or heads up display) - and I think they would attract a number of customers from the 320d.
Yes ! I am not going to use this mode often i tell you, this was just to understand the FE.

But the fact is that in Mumbai traffic ECO PRO mode is sensible, also for the busy internal highways it is fairly quick, even when overtaking never felt quite the need to put on Sport mode , only negative is that the steering is fairly light for highways speeds, but manageable.

Last edited by karan561 : 25th August 2012 at 16:40.
Old 26th August 2012, 22:45   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

FE Report;

Just got back from a Looong Drive from Mumbai to Ranjangaon-Pune & back (Factory Visit - Yes, i was working on a Sunday - Why Not ? When you get to drive the 328)

Total Distance Covered today : 393 Kms

Drove > 50 % Time in Sport Mode , Rest in ECO PRO & COMFORT

Here's a picture of the Journey Computer ;

The ULTIMAT3- F30 BMW 328i. EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust, Injen Intake & Steinbauer Power Module-photo.jpg

^ 10.7 Km/l is what i achieved

In the morning on the way to Pune on the expressway my dad drove (for the first time) he was most of the times > 120 km/h , did not cross 160-165 though, he enjoyed (i could make out from his face)

While returning i drove in Manual mode and oh boy what a great feeling to use the paddles. When you are in M6 , suddenly you realize there are still two more gears to go and you are only doing 160 odd, ha ha crazy fun it was , Did not push hard though as dad was the co-passenger

Note : During high speed braking the paddles come extremely handy for downshifting ( engine braking ) & amazing fun to operate.

Heres a pic of the car which has got quite dirty as encountered some moderate to heavy rainfall in the 50 % of the journey ;

The ULTIMAT3- F30 BMW 328i. EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust, Injen Intake & Steinbauer Power Module-photo-1.jpg

PS - Thank You guys for the 5 stars rating to the thread

Last edited by karan561 : 26th August 2012 at 23:02.
karan561 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th August 2012, 08:32   #58
Senior - BHPian

Congrats karan561 on picking the 328i over the diesels.

The Alpine White looks smashing.

And thanks for amazing report. Have fun with the machine.
Old 29th August 2012, 12:06   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
FE Report;

Just got back from a Looong Drive from Mumbai to Ranjangaon-Pune & back (Factory Visit - Yes, i was working on a Sunday - Why Not ? When you get to drive the 328)..

.. PS - Thank You guys for the 5 stars rating to the thread
Congrats karan561..

Great to see you went with your heart rather than head for your ride. The thread gets a well deserved 5 stars. Pics are really nice, can't get enough

Doing the speeds that you were the FE for this car is really nice for your Pune run. Any thoughts / back up plans considering the RFTs especially when you are doing highway runs / long drives?
Old 29th August 2012, 13:07   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Congrats karan561 on picking the 328i over the diesels.

The Alpine White looks smashing.

And thanks for amazing report. Have fun with the machine.
Thanks a lot !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkaul1 View Post
Congrats karan561..

Great to see you went with your heart rather than head for your ride. The thread gets a well deserved 5 stars. Pics are really nice, can't get enough

Doing the speeds that you were the FE for this car is really nice for your Pune run. Any thoughts / back up plans considering the RFTs especially when you are doing highway runs / long drives?
Thanks ! Yes the fact remains that the 328 is extreme value in any enthusiasts eyes ( so the battle heart won over head )

Right now not much complains regarding the RFT's, but a puncture repair kit is a must ( which i havent been provided , so will have to source one )

PS - More night Pics coming up

Last edited by karan561 : 29th August 2012 at 13:11.
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks