Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2012, 22:32   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: THE ULTIMAT3 - F30 328i Sportline (Alpine White/Coral Red)

Congrats on the new 3er. Right now my fav design, so much like the BMWs of the 80s, cool front end design and will be the default compact executive choice in India for some time.
BTW., how do the drivers get out after loading the car on the container.
DicKy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2012, 22:56   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Maybe thru the sunroof? LOL. Sorry, couldn't resist, was going to ask the same question.

Congrats on your Bimmer, may yours be a growing breed in the face of the diesel avalanche.
abeerbagul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2012, 23:56   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harusadu View Post
Karan thanks very much for the wishes. Can anyone shed any light on the availability of accessories. Is the iphone adapter a must? I mean can't I just plug in my own ipod cable into the usb functionality or will that not work? Also, would rubber mats look silly for a beige interior? I plan on doing a road trip in december when I get back into town to bangalore and then bombay, hope the roads are okay to bombay. By the way, have you got BSI yet? I am contemplating what package I need to get. Oh and finally, do you mind letting me know how much you paid for your 328 otr in bombay. I think I am paying an unusually high price. I'm paying Rs. 38-39 L on the road.
You can see the original accessories catalog with the prices in INR;

The ULTIMAT3- F30 BMW 328i. EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust, Injen Intake & Steinbauer Power Module-1.jpg

The ULTIMAT3- F30 BMW 328i. EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust, Injen Intake & Steinbauer Power Module-2.jpg

The ULTIMAT3- F30 BMW 328i. EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust, Injen Intake & Steinbauer Power Module-3.jpg

The ULTIMAT3- F30 BMW 328i. EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust, Injen Intake & Steinbauer Power Module-4.jpg
karan561 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2012, 00:13   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Congrats Congrats Congrats!!! Loved reading about your experience and equally loved the pics.

Why ? I think you should?
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Congrats! The car looks "mean" ! Any particular reason why you have not taken BSI?

Wish you a very happy & safe motoring!

From what I know, new cars in Kerala can run on temporary registration for 2 weeks! I still see quite a few cars running on TR in Cochin & around.

Those savings would have turned into tears even before he crossed the Kerala border, had he drove it. But then I understood what you meant!
When i turned on the ignition it showed the service due in 17k kms , so i asked , is the service interval such long ?

The dealership guy explained that according to the driving style it will recalculate the next service due , and will at least last 10-11k kms

Service cost for a petrol is aproxx 15k INR

My running of this car annually is not going to be more than 7.5k-10k kms ( max )

Anyway i have 2 years warranty on all parts ( except tyres )

Also if i do any mods like a remap , performance filter or after market exhausts it will void the BSI ( unless its a BMW performance product )

Overall its a bargain , lets hope for the best

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Congrats on the new 3er. Right now my fav design, so much like the BMWs of the 80s, cool front end design and will be the default compact executive choice in India for some time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abeerbagul View Post
Maybe thru the sunroof? LOL. Sorry, couldn't resist, was going to ask the same question.

Congrats on your Bimmer, may yours be a growing breed in the face of the diesel avalanche.

My driver had kept a napkin hanging on the door to prevent damage while he squeezed out.
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2012, 11:57   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

From what I know, new cars in Kerala can run on temporary registration for 2 weeks! I still see quite a few cars running on TR in Cochin & around.
My temporary registration is valid for 30 days
Old 19th August 2012, 16:02   #36

Congratulations Karan on your Ultimat3 328i. She looks beautiful.

Are you doing the registration yourself or is the BMW dealer (Mumbai/Kochi) getting it done?
Old 19th August 2012, 18:24   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autounion View Post
Congratulations Karan on your Ultimat3 328i. She looks beautiful.

Are you doing the registration yourself or is the BMW dealer (Mumbai/Kochi) getting it done?
I am doing the registration myself not via any dealer.
Old 20th August 2012, 15:20   #38
Senior - BHPian

I saw a blue F30 yesterday and from a distance i really did not strike me that,that was the new 3 series,although i felt there was something different about that car.Only when it took a turn and i saw the side profile and grille i recognized it as an F30.Incredible how the entire BMW family have all started to look like each other!

Eitherways congrats on a lovely car.
Old 23rd August 2012, 10:21   #39
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: The ULTIMAT3 - F30 BMW 328i EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust & INJEN intake!

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Initial Ownership Section. Thanks for sharing!
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2012, 10:25   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The ULTIMAT3 - F30 BMW 328i EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust & INJEN intake!

Thanks all for your support, the full report is now on post #1 & #2 ;

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2875015

Last edited by karan561 : 23rd August 2012 at 10:38.
Old 23rd August 2012, 11:30   #41
BHPian

Karan, congratulations for the first F30 on the forum. Combination of Alpine white and Coral red interiors is fantastic. And also interesting to see a petrol(28i) one compared to the diesel(20d) being mostly preferred by others.
Old 23rd August 2012, 13:31   #42
BHPian

Congratulations on your 328i. Its a fantastic machine and I am sure you are loving each and every mile you have crunched till date.

Enjoy your ride and happy mile crunching !!
Old 23rd August 2012, 15:22   #43
BHPian

Congrats Karan! Great choice, and the fact that you went through so much trouble to locate her in your choice of colour, will make the experience even sweeter! I drove the 328i in Delhi about 10 days ago, and immediately fell in love. You are spot on about the immediate change in characteristics from "Comfort" to "Sport", the most visible being the change in throttle response and gearshifts. Wishing you many km's of amazing, thrilling, safe motoring!
Old 23rd August 2012, 22:34   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the VTEC guy View Post
Karan, congratulations for the first F30 on the forum. Combination of Alpine white and Coral red interiors is fantastic. And also interesting to see a petrol(28i) one compared to the diesel(20d) being mostly preferred by others.
Thanks a lot. Yes i was very clear that if i wanted to go in for the F30 , 328i it would be , & the only Diesel option i was considering was the 530d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2Drive View Post
Congratulations on your 328i. Its a fantastic machine and I am sure you are loving each and every mile you have crunched till date.

Enjoy your ride and happy mile crunching !!
Sure is , thanks !

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirav View Post
Congrats Karan! Great choice, and the fact that you went through so much trouble to locate her in your choice of colour, will make the experience even sweeter! I drove the 328i in Delhi about 10 days ago, and immediately fell in love. You are spot on about the immediate change in characteristics from "Comfort" to "Sport", the most visible being the change in throttle response and gearshifts. Wishing you many km's of amazing, thrilling, safe motoring!
True ! Also the Steering surprisingly weighs up pretty quickly.

Overall pretty satisfied with the Sport mode , jus waiting to drive it more to understand what the Sport + can do other than switching off the DTC.

Last edited by karan561 : 23rd August 2012 at 22:35.
Old 23rd August 2012, 22:51   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

I'd like to share the picture i received from the dealership which they took during the delivery

Apparently this was the 1st F30 to roll out from their dealership & i was handed over the keys by a top official from BMW India , Gurgaon & by the GM At Platino Classic, Kochi

Was a great feeling i tell you

The ULTIMAT3- F30 BMW 328i. EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust, Injen Intake & Steinbauer Power Module-photo.jpg
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks