Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2015, 08:46   #121
BHPian

Re: Our Maruti Swift ZDi, 1 Year & 20,000 KM Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
I have no idea whether Pete's can alter the parameters on the box to suit the engine. I doubt it since the box is imported from PSI. What I know is that they have remaps available for the DDiS. Don't know the cost though.

One disadvantage with the PSI box is the added NVH. The engine is hardly audible in stock form but turns a bit coarse with the box on. Also, there is a dead spot at 1500 rpm for the DDiS which is pronounced when the box is on. This evident when you feather the throttle say in second gear.

I am going to Pete's on Saturday. I need to get the air filter cleaned and oiled.
Hello Deet,

I too own a ZDI. I have one question for you.

You mention a dead spot at 1500 rpm. Do you find this without the PSI box. My car has a dead spot, which is really annoying when feathering the throttle, at around 1500-1600 rpm. I have raised a complaint with the INDUS guys, they have not been able to resolve this (long pending issue)

Thanks & drive safe.
Issac

PS: Me too in Cochin, perhaps we'll meet up sometime
Old 27th March 2015, 09:04   #122
Senior - BHPian

Re: Our Maruti Swift ZDi! Sold after 3 years, 2 months and 52000 kms of sheer joy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajathv8 View Post
It is endearing to see your companions story being shared from end to end.
I wonder whats next
Thank You Rajath. As shashank.nk rightly pointed out, we got a 2015 Fiesta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
I have to add the overintrusive ECU and slightly short 1st gear to your list,but that would be nit-picking.
I did enough nitpicking and more in the very first page of this thread. And ECM tops the list of things that could be better. Didn't want to call everything out again over here.

I wouldn't say the same about first gear though. Its no secret that the new Common Rail diesels struggle on steep inclines and that first gear helps to get out of tricky places without burning the clutch. I recall one such instance when we climbed Mullayanagiri on the Swift and had to stop mid way. It was a bit of struggle to get moving from that spot and finally we did thanks to that first gear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
Thank you for the brilliant ownership report. May one ask why you decided to sell the Swift as it was in perfect condition?
This was a very hard decision. I was smitten by the new Fiesta when the car was relaunched in 2014. Drove it quite a few times, lived with it for a day and it became increasingly hard for me to ignore the Ford. Would have retained the Swift if money and space allowed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappysam View Post
You mention a dead spot at 1500 rpm. Do you find this without the PSI box. My car has a dead spot, which is really annoying when feathering the throttle, at around 1500-1600 rpm.
Yes, it was there without the PSI box too. Just that the dead spot was more pronounced with the box. I seriously doubt MASS' capability to fix these kind of issues. And I really hate to give the car as an object of experiment for them. So, decided to live with that.

Do keep an eye out for the meets in this thread. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ochin-128.html Kochi BHPians do meet often.

Last edited by deetjohn : 27th March 2015 at 09:10. Reason: Adding quote.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2015, 15:10   #123
Senior - BHPian

Re: Our Maruti Swift ZDi! Sold after 3 years, 2 months and 52,000 kms of sheer joy!

3 yrs, just 50K run, you seem to loved the way car handled then why sell ? I sold my swift after close to 7 years and the car behaved the same from day 1, it can definitely last much longer !!
Old 27th March 2015, 15:28   #124
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
3 yrs, just 50K run, you seem to loved the way car handled then why sell ?
That's the Fiesta Itch. No such reason to sell the Swift other than the love towards the New Fiesta that made Deetjohn go weak on his knees.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks