Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2012, 10:13   #31
BHPian

re: "Dart" - Moondust Silver Ford Figo Titanium TDCi : 10,000 km Update

Congratulations ! Wish you many happy miles with your dart .

My Figo TDCI EXi is exactly one year old . At 17,425 KMS it gives me an average of around 14.5 to be exact. My driving is 80 % Mumbai traffic , 20 % highways . 100% A/c usage.

Figo is a very practical car , a diesel car with total service cost of Rs1,423.00 for 17,425 kms is excellent.

Though a few rattles , and suspension noise have troubled me , but it makes all your excel sheets happy !
karizma_devil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2012, 16:01   #32
BHPian

Ah! So you hear that hollow 'whooom' too ! Phew, can't say whether I am happy or sad. But there's surely some amount of comfort in having company !! If the SA gives me that reason I'd like to test it out with another car in their presence. I'm sure I did not notice such a sound in 3 different TD cars.

Around 6 of my friends have Figo, and you will find a lot of comfort to know, that all of them have that whooom buzzing sound (like defective bearings).
turbochrgd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2012, 23:41   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmayogi View Post
I have a 2012 Swift Zdi and I have to +1 Sandeep Mohan's comment. Initially, I was upshifting around 2000-2100 and got 14.9-15.3 kmpl in the city. I now upshift at 2500.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacho9000 View Post
Don't lug the engine,keep it in the turbo zone and it will reward you with even better fuel efficiency. The fuel efficiency will increase a bit after first service,don't worry. And be a bit lightfooted that'll help you.
Thanks. This seems to be the consistent advice from all. And I have already started implementing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma_devil View Post
My Figo TDCI EXi is exactly one year old . At 17,425 KMS it gives me an average of around 14.5 to be exact. My driving is 80 % Mumbai traffic , 20 % highways . 100% A/c usage
Your 14.5 figure is fairly good for slow city traffic with AC. I topped up today. Got 17.1kmpl within city with 30% AC and fairly good roads ! This is similar to my regular commute although AC usage will be higher. I am somewhat happier today. I just might manage to meet my targets during normal usage

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbochrgd View Post
Around 6 of my friends have Figo, and you will find a lot of comfort to know, that all of them have that whooom buzzing sound (like defective bearings).
Wow ! Are all these 2012 cars? Could this be something to do with the current crop of cars?

Quote:
You stay very near to my house.
Wonderful ! Do I know you? Were you at any of the meets?
Old 28th October 2012, 12:01   #34
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new buy Shuvc.
Waiting to see the ICE Thread.

Please post some pictures of all 3 cars together.
cityvic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2012, 12:58   #35
BHPian

I am a newbie as you can see and haven't been to any of the meets. However I'm on your facebook profile as subhro mallick and I stay at airport gate no. 1. BHPian shomsree and cityvic know me well. We can meet on any one of this bright sunny days.
Old 28th October 2012, 13:42   #36

Congratulations Shuvc on your Dart. It is indeed an awesome car for the buck. I did a Delhi - Kolkata - Delhi in the Puja. Great Workhorse!! And the FE would improve after 10K kms for sure. For my 110 kms of daily drive I get around 16/17 kmpl. And in the trip it returned me a whopping 22.xx kmpl with occasionally breaching the 110kmph mark.
Just Cars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2012, 12:51   #37
BHPian

I have a Fiesta and my brother-in law owns a Figo. Both the cars have crossed the 20k mark and on an average, both give around 14.5 to 15 in the city with 90% AC usage.
On highways though, the FE goes up to around 18-18.5 with 100% AC usage.
This said, the Figo once returned 12 in city use. The quality of fuel and the actual quantity of fuel pumped at the various filling stations makes a lot of difference.
If you want to measure the actual FE of your car, try filling fuel from one of the company owned and run filling stations close to your place and stick to it for at least the next 3 refills. That will give you a more realistic FE figure for comparison.

As for the booming sound at high speeds, its there on both the cars and eventually you get used to it. (Pump up the stereo volume if the sound bothers you too much).

Last edited by speedmunster : 29th October 2012 at 12:55.
speedmunster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2012, 14:25   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
Congrats on your new buy Shuvc.
Waiting to see the ICE Thread.

Please post some pictures of all 3 cars together.
Thanks.
ICE will be a simple affair. Mostly stuff from the Baleno. Letsee when I get some time.

I want to take a 'family-photo' too. Need to get the cars together at one place.

Quote:
I am a newbie as you can see and haven't been to any of the meets. However I'm on your facebook profile as subhro mallick and I stay at airport gate no. 1. BHPian shomsree and cityvic know me well. We can meet on any one of this bright sunny days.
Sure we should !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Cars View Post
And the FE would improve after 10K kms for sure. For my 110 kms of daily drive I get around 16/17 kmpl. And in the trip it returned me a whopping 22.xx kmpl with occasionally breaching the 110kmph mark.
That sounds promising and comforting !

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmunster View Post
If you want to measure the actual FE of your car, try filling fuel from one of the company owned and run filling stations close to your place and stick to it for at least the next 3 refills. That will give you a more realistic FE figure for comparison.
Yes that is the plan.

I did read elsewhere in the forum, that the AC in the Figo tends to have a greater negative impact on the FE than other diesel hatches. Possibly due to the bigger compressor?

Quote:
As for the booming sound at high speeds, its there on both the cars and eventually you get used to it. (Pump up the stereo volume if the sound bothers you too much).
Sigh. Guess I'll have to live with it. Seems like I'll need to expedite the ICE setup ! It's not a major irritant, and as long as I know it's not a problem with the car, I'm fine.

Meanwhile the car went through another incident which I discovered late. In my initial posts I had mentioned crashing through a pothole on the highway at 80+ speeds. I then subsequently drove the car for another 700 odd kms before discovering a sidewall bulge on the right front tyre. On checking further I found a corresponding mark/rubber stain on the alloy, in line with the bulge. I presume the impact must have weakened the sidewall. Anyway, that tyre now sits in the spare wheel well and has been replaced with the brand new spare.
shuvc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2012, 15:03   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
I did read elsewhere in the forum, that the AC in the Figo tends to have a greater negative impact on the FE than other diesel hatches. Possibly due to the bigger compressor?

Sigh. Guess I'll have to live with it. Seems like I'll need to expedite the ICE setup ! It's not a major irritant, and as long as I know it's not a problem with the car, I'm fine.

Bigger compressor maybe but the AC is a chiller. Set it on '2' and you almost freeze.

As for the ICE, try not changing the company fitted speakers as they are quite good. Maybe a better HU (Pio in my case) along with an amp and a sub (keeping the stock speakers in their place) should do wonders.

Last edited by speedmunster : 29th October 2012 at 15:05.
Old 29th October 2012, 15:07   #40
BHPian

Surely we can meet and I do hope to meet you soon enough. Only if today were a free time holiday could've met but as laxmi puja is impending hence both of us are busy I guess. Will meet up with you as soon as I can. And about the FE yes a substantially large compared to other hatch A/C compressor does rob the figo of some FE but diligent driving will yield good results. The flipside is a chilling cabin and your lightfootedness too will help. :P
Old 29th October 2012, 17:52   #41
BHPian

Re: First week of ownership (City, Highway, Rain & Sunshine)

Quote:
First week of ownership (City, Highway, Rain & Sunshine)

Attachment 1002767

Dart !!

I was wondering about a name for the car. And Dart came naturally. It just loves to dart around !

Not impressed with .....
  • Ergonomics !! Let me continue on this point. In 1 week I am yet to find a comfy seating position. On the highway drive I had a bit of back ache. Yes the seats are narrower and had less under thigh support compared to the B&C. But still ... I am not passing a final judgement on this though. I recall having initial back aches in the Civic too and then it got sorted out. Absence of a dead pedal is also inconvenient.
  • Fuel Efficiency !! I've done 2 top-ups. Both after 400+kms
    * 13.2kmpl. Totally in the city. 75% AC. (I get 11.5 in the Baleno. Same route.)
    * 17.7kmpl. Long highway drive. 75% AC. Mostly at 100-110kmph. Typically shifted at 2K rpm max, if not earlier.
    I was expecting at least 3kmpl more in both cases. Since FE is among the primary reasons for this purchase ! Should I expect it to increase after a while?
Well now thats surprising. But i think its more because of the break-in period . It should increase to a more respectable 16 in city and a rounded 20 kmpl in highway.
And also if you are looking for a squeezing the maximum out, then i would advise to keep it in the 80- 100 range for max mileage.
Old 30th October 2012, 09:32   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Eeeks ! 13-14 gives me the creeps ! I need an annual average of around 16 surely to break even. When I say annual average, I mean around 50% average AC usage. From near zero in winters to 100% in summers. Let me observe for some time.

So when you say 13-14, is that with 100% AC?

Returned from a trip to Sikkim. With full load and A/C on always, got a figure of 15kmpl.

Yes, that 13-14 kmpl is inside city confines with A/C at full blast.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2012, 11:08   #43
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Shuvc. I had test driven the Figo and was really impressed by it. Hated the Polo. Would have taken it under the company lease scheme, but am not sure if I will stay in the company that long, so got the esteem instead (saving on the EMI and paying for the petrol).

Congrats again

Sugata
Old 30th October 2012, 12:18   #44
BHPian

Congrats Shuvc, I am a Figo TDCi owner of a silver Titanium version as well. It's done 5000km so far and city average is around 15 with AC on 60% of the time. It seems to me the Figo isn't the most fuel efficient diesel since a few others even claim 17-18 from Indicas , Swifts etc.
Old 30th October 2012, 20:08   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bigger compressor maybe but the AC is a chiller. Set it on '2' and you almost freeze.

As for the ICE, try not changing the company fitted speakers as they are quite good. Maybe a better HU (Pio in my case) along with an amp and a sub (keeping the stock speakers in their place) should do wonders.
True. I haven't kept it at 2 even once. 1 has sufficed. But then there is a bit of chill in the air of late.

ICE - For me, the first thing to go will be the speakers I will retain the HU for sure. The sub I'm undecided still, considering the boot space it will take up. The amp too is to be decided, since it needs to be fitted so that I can still fold down the rear seat back and use the cargo space effectively. Will have to talk it over with my installer. An of course damping.

Quote:
Surely we can meet and I do hope to meet you soon enough
Maybe Thursday afternoon? Letsee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Jacob13128 View Post
[/list]It should increase to a more respectable 16 in city and a rounded 20 kmpl in highway
Now that I'd be really happy with. If I get 17-18 during winters, then I won't mind 14-15 during the summers, as it would balance out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Returned from a trip to Sikkim. With full load and A/C on always, got a figure of 15kmpl
Isn't that low? Or is it due to all the hill climbs with load?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
Hated the Polo
Though not 'hated' but I did dislike it quite a bit. The engine and the lack of rear leg room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
It's done 5000km so far and city average is around 15 with AC on 60% of the time. It seems to me the Figo isn't the most fuel efficient diesel since a few others even claim 17-18 from Indicas , Swifts etc.
Yeah, seems so. Your FE figures seem similar to mine. But even for you, it should increase after the 2nd service probably.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks