Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2013, 02:59   #91
Senior - BHPian

re: "Dart" - Moondust Silver Ford Figo Titanium TDCi : 1 year/31,700km Update

The AC problem mentioned above happened 2 more times. The second time today. On both occasions it started working suddenly while on the road.

I took it to the workshop and it's been diagnosed as potentially a blower motor problem. It will be replaced under warranty.

The only concern is that the dashboard needs to be opened up to access the blower motor. Hope it doesn't introduce any rattles !!
Old 18th October 2013, 02:19   #92
Senior - BHPian

1 year and 31,700 kms

Dart completed 1 year last week. And it clocked 31,700 kms in that period. It is 75% driver driven with me clocking the balance 25%.

Faults
It's been a fairly peaceful ownership experience, despite the heavy usage. A couple of issues to report.

- The AC problem mentioned in my previous post. The blower motor was not replaced ultimately. It was serviced for Rs. 230. The problem went away and then resurfaced 10k kms later just the day before it went for the 30K service. However it was automatically working on the day of the service and the problem could not be replicated. Looks like history will repeat itself and I will need to make a couple of more trips to raise stink and get it replaced under warranty. Lets see.

- The left rear door handle doesn't work at times. The door opens from inside normally. But tugging/pulling/cursing the pull handle from outside has no effect. The handle doesn't get stuck. It has normal play. But the door does not open. This too, like the AC blower, has a mind of it's own and sorts itself out from time to time !

- A horn coupler wire got detached. Must have happened during some low level water wading (monsoons). Cost me Rs. 290 to replace the coupler.

- Am not totally sure of this, but it seems there's a bit more 'whine' from the engine of late. Something like transmission whine but coming from up ahead. Will observe further .. but meanwhile any ideas/pointers that would help ?

That's about it ! Everything else works like clockwork. Touch wood !

Service
Got the 30K service done. Routine paid service plus changed engine oil and related filters and air filter. Total damages Rs. 4760.

Total maintenance expenses for 1 year , 31.7K kms = Rs. 10,753 = 34p/km. The figure should be lesser considering 30K service has just been done and it's good to go for another 10K kms.

Breakup of expenses ..
1st service 590
2nd Service 2064
3rd Service 2819
AC Blower 230
Horn coupler 290
4th Service 4760

Renewed insurance through the dealer / Future Generali for Rs. 11K

The MRF ZV2K tyres are holding up well and should run for another 10k kms / 4 months surely. The brakes, clutch, suspension also seem fine. No apparent issues there.

There are some small dings/dents/scratches. Nothing major and hence I've not attended to them yet.

Fuel Efficiency
The average over the whole year is currently at 17.04kmpl. This is with approximately 40% AC. From 100% in peak summer to negligible usage in cooler months. As reported earlier, the best remains 21.3 kmpl and the worst 13.2kmpl.

It is serving the purpose it was bought for, to the T. Fingers are however crossed as the ageing process will now gradually start. Lets see how gracefully it ages.

The Baleno and Civic are feeling let down. They have clocked 2500 and 1500kms respectively, since Dart joined the garage (1yr)

Last edited by shuvc : 18th October 2013 at 02:24.
shuvc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2013, 00:10   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
- The left rear door handle doesn't work at times. The door opens from inside normally. But tugging/pulling/cursing the pull handle from outside has no effect. The handle doesn't get stuck. It has normal play. But the door does not open. This too, like the AC blower, has a mind of it's own and sorts itself out from time to time !
I'm facing a similar problem with the right rear door handle on my Figo. Got it checked twice at SC Ford, Mumbai, the service guys seem to be clueless about how to fix it. All they do is oil the handle assembly, which obviously doesn't fix the problem. I've stopped bothering about it now as it's an intermittent issue and i hardly ever use that door.
I'm praying it's not another 'manufacturing defect' as my mom's Zxi Figo doesn't have any such problem.
Any other Figo owners facing the same issue?
Old 20th November 2013, 00:52   #94
BHPian

Re: 1 year and 31,700 kms

Total maintenance expenses for 1 year , 31.7K kms = Rs. 10,753 = 34p/km. The figure should be lesser considering 30K service has just been done and it's good to go for another 10K kms.

Breakup of expenses ..
1st service 590
2nd Service 2064
3rd Service 2819
AC Blower 230
Horn coupler 290
4th Service 4760

Can you please give the break-up of expenses for your 3rd service? Because when I went in for the 3rd service of my car recently, I was charged 3600/= (approx). Only the oil, oil filter, air filter and some tit-bits were changed. Also after how many kms do you get the wheel alignment and balancing done?
Old 20th November 2013, 14:28   #95

re: "Dart" - Moondust Silver Ford Figo Titanium TDCi : 56,000 km Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantbhatia84 View Post
I'm facing a similar problem with the right rear door handle on my Figo. Got it checked twice at SC Ford, Mumbai, the service guys seem to be clueless about how to fix it. All they do is oil the handle assembly, which obviously doesn't fix the problem. I've stopped bothering about it now as it's an intermittent issue and i hardly ever use that door.
I'm praying it's not another 'manufacturing defect' as my mom's Zxi Figo doesn't have any such problem.
Any other Figo owners facing the same issue?
Hi Nishant,

I am facing the exact same issue w.r.t the right read door handle. the handle moves alright but the door doesn't open. it gets sorted out on its open after a few attempts.
mine is a November 2011.
Old 21st November 2013, 10:41   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkray View Post

Hi Nishant,

I am facing the exact same issue w.r.t the right read door handle. the handle moves alright but the door doesn't open. it gets sorted out on its open after a few attempts.
mine is a November 2011.
Oh no! Another manufacturing defect! Let me know what you plan to do about it and what Ford Service does. I've given up on it after two attempts! It's not a major issue for me but it's surely irritating when the door doesn't open on first attempt!
Old 6th January 2014, 10:55   #97
Senior - BHPian

Re: 1 year and 31,700 kms

@nishant, the doors have been behaving for the last couple of months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto_enthusiast View Post
3rd Service 2819

Can you please give the break-up of expenses for your 3rd service? Because when I went in for the 3rd service of my car recently, I was charged 3600/= (approx). Only the oil, oil filter, air filter and some tit-bits were changed. Also after how many kms do you get the wheel alignment and balancing done?
Sorry, missed your post.

Don't recall the breakup off-hand. But I remember refusing a couple of things like the engine bay treatment (~Rs.300) and the plastic protective covers for the seat/steering (~Rs.80). The bill came to just around 3K I think and there was some service discount scheme going on that day due to which I got around 5% off on the final bill.

Unlike my other cars, I'm running this car strictly on a need based routine maintenance schedule. Following this principle, I have not touched the alignment/balancing till date, though I frequently check for any steering pull or undue vibrations at low/high speeds. The OE MRF ZV2Ks are holding up well @38K kms. Looks like they are good for another 10K. Wear is even on all tyres. No issues with alignment and balancing till date ! I'm surprised, but that's how it is !

The next 40K service update should be up in a month. Till then the most significant piece of info is this ...

Family highway drive at the turn of the year
# 400kms (350 national, 50 local roads)
# Average speed around 90 (80-100)
# 2 adults, 2kids, boot stuffed with luggage
# no AC

== 23kmpl

Last edited by shuvc : 6th January 2014 at 10:56.
Old 6th January 2014, 11:12   #98
Senior - BHPian

Shuvc
Even I'm facing the door locking issue, they replaced the latch(lock) system once (under warranty). All in vain, problem still exists.
The boot lock system is also pretty hard, need to really bang in hard to close it.

How do you find the seats ?
Its very narrow and uncomfortable for long drives. My daily drive is 160 kms and that makes it even worse.

Last edited by kpzen : 6th January 2014 at 11:14.
Old 8th September 2014, 22:07   #99
Senior - BHPian

Haven't updated this thread in a while.

There have been 3 significant issues since the last update.

- The AC blower switching off issue surfaced again at 40K kms. It was serviced. And then it cropped up again around the 50k km mark. This time there was suddenly smoke coming out from the vents ! Quickly switched it off. Finally Ford relented and replaced the blower under warranty. Since then, no issue.

- From around 53-54K kms a whining noise started. It sounded like a nor-wester and was in sync with the revvs. I wanted to have a look at the engine bay but wasn't able to as the bonnet release was not working. However much I tug at it, it would not open. The noise kept increasing. I kept deferring till the October scheduled service. But one morning a loud rattling started from within the engine bay. Parked the car immediately and switched off the engine. Called RSA and a flat-bed was sent within 45 mins (Impressed !).

The bonnet was forced opened in the workshop. The V-belt was in tatters. It along with related pulleys were replaced. I did not get warranty cover since car had run >40K kms.

- The bonnet release mechanism was also changed. Had to pay for it too.

The life of the belt in the Figo seems to be around 40-50K. It's best to get it replaced proactively.

Here are the snaps posted in the Figo review thread along with the bill.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3525644

Besides this the car continues to make me happy. With proper preventive maintenance it is quite reliable.

- FE is still 17.3 ish over 56K kms.
- Still on OE MRF ZV2Ks !! Will last another 10k it seems
- Changed brake pads at 50K service. The mechanic was surprised that they had lasted that long !

The engine feels slightly free now than earlier. Enjoying it.

@kpzen, the rear door handles have been behaving more often than not. So .. touchwood !

Last edited by shuvc : 8th September 2014 at 22:10.
Old 8th September 2014, 22:59   #100
Senior - BHPian

@shuvc---what was the issue with the bonnet release lever? And how much did you pay for its replacement?
Old 9th September 2014, 20:29   #101
Senior - BHPian

Re: "Dart" - Moondust Silver Ford Figo Titanium TDCi : 56,000 km Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
@shuvc---what was the issue with the bonnet release lever? And how much did you pay for its replacement?
Well for more than a year - tugging on the square bonnet release 'lever' used to have no effect. I would pull it to the max extent, with it sometimes coming off. (It is a snap fit into a slot). If I were lucky, the bonnet lock would release almost at the end of the play of the lever. I used to highlight this during every service. They probably greased it and it would improve by 20% and then go back to square one soon.

I was unable to open the bonnet a couple of weeks back when the belt whining started. The day when the car broke down, I tried with a bit more force than usual. The square lever broke into two and came off, and I cut my finger in the process too !

They finally replaced the kit from the lever till the end of the wire at the bonnet lock. You can see the pic of the replaced part in the link I posted. (Figo review thread). The image of the bill has the cost of the parts.

Last edited by shuvc : 9th September 2014 at 20:31.
Old 12th October 2014, 20:58   #102
Senior - BHPian

Happy Birthday Dart !

2 years and going strong at 60k kms !
Attached Thumbnails
"Dart" - Moondust Silver Ford Figo Titanium TDCi : 56,000 km Update-1413127532779.jpg  

Old 15th February 2016, 12:21   #103
BHPian

Nice and detailed ownership report shuvc! 2 years and 60K kms?! It seems to be quite the workhorse.
Been 4 years now almost. How's Dart holding up? Any updates?
Old 6th December 2019, 23:44   #104
Senior - BHPian

Been a long time.

I had a wonderful ownership experience with the Figo. Extremely fun to drive in the city due it's 'dart'y nature and while it lacked power on the highways, the stability, ride and handling was so reassuring.

Last year I let go of it. It was aging well, but had lived it's utility value or me. It was a sad last day. I wish I could have cooked up some reason to retain it. Anyway, all good things do come to an end.

Here's a couple of snaps from the last day.

~ 1.73L kms in exactly 6yrs of ownership.

"Dart" - Moondust Silver Ford Figo Titanium TDCi : 56,000 km Update-img20191207wa0004.jpg

"Dart" - Moondust Silver Ford Figo Titanium TDCi : 56,000 km Update-img20191207wa00052.jpg

"Dart" - Moondust Silver Ford Figo Titanium TDCi : 56,000 km Update-img20191207wa00062.jpg

Bye bye Dart ... still miss you

Last edited by shuvc : 6th December 2019 at 23:50.
shuvc is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed