Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2013, 09:57   #151
Senior - BHPian

re: Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013 EDIT: Sold!

Getting extremely irritated with the media player - it stopped showing up again on Saturday and i had to reset it by disconnecting the battery. Then its happened this morning again and i have just walked into office having disconnected the battery again , plan on changing the player to a proper USB drive and not an MP3 player to see what happens with that.

Quite annoying.
Old 26th August 2013, 10:38   #152
Distinguished - BHPian

The moment you put the an aftermarket headunit, the steering controls and Blue n Me will be redundant in the car. I am still not able to find an adapter which can match with the aftermarket headunit to keep the steering controls and the Blue n me working.
Old 26th August 2013, 12:56   #153
Senior - BHPian

I have not put an aftermarket unit , i was talking about using an MP3 player as the plug in device to the Blue and Me box

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
The moment you put the an aftermarket headunit, the steering controls and Blue n Me will be redundant in the car. I am still not able to find an adapter which can match with the aftermarket headunit to keep the steering controls and the Blue n me working.
Old 27th August 2013, 18:47   #154
Senior - BHPian

Started working properly after i reconnected the battery and no problem so far. Forgot to add a normal stick which i shall do at the earliest.

One more picture from the trip , really like this one!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Getting extremely irritated with the media player - it stopped showing up again on Saturday and i had to reset it by disconnecting the battery. Then its happened this morning again and i have just walked into office having disconnected the battery again , plan on changing the player to a proper USB drive and not an MP3 player to see what happens with that.

Quite annoying.
Attached Thumbnails
Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013 EDIT: Sold!-picture1.jpg  

Last edited by puchoo : 27th August 2013 at 18:50.
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2013, 18:56   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quite annoying.
I agree its pretty annoying,when in the Middle of a Long Journey the Blue and Me gives up,and you have to restart the car to get it working.I have burnt a set of songs from the Pen drive on to a CD,so in case Blue and Me gives up,i switch to CD.I have also though of changing the Head unit but does not make sense since you will end up losing steering controls,options are there in the European market that let you retain the controls,but installation is not an easy task.
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2013, 12:56   #156
Senior - BHPian

I actually had the same plan as well when i went up for my trip right now - burn everything on the player on a cd as well just in case but completely forgot at the last minute. I think its a good option to have present all the time as a back up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
I agree its pretty annoying,when in the Middle of a Long Journey the Blue and Me gives up,and you have to restart the car to get it working.I have burnt a set of songs from the Pen drive on to a CD,so in case Blue and Me gives up,i switch to CD.I have also though of changing the Head unit but does not make sense since you will end up losing steering controls,options are there in the European market that let you retain the controls,but installation is not an easy task.
Old 30th August 2013, 10:43   #157
Senior - BHPian

Got 12 KMPL on the drive to office today , medium to heavy traffic but avoided 2 lights because they were not working , put off the car for another traffic light which was in excess of 1 minute. Driving style was sedate , no other options thanks to the traffic anyway.
Old 31st August 2013, 11:33   #158
Senior - BHPian

Got my Fiat key chain yesterday , solid metal , gun metal type of finish , looks pretty good , now on the hunt for the red colored one.

Pretty good deal , about 300 INR inclusive of shipping
Attached Thumbnails
Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013 EDIT: Sold!-puchoo-fiat-keychain-1.jpg  

Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013 EDIT: Sold!-puchoo-fiat-keychain-2.jpg  

Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013 EDIT: Sold!-puchoo-fiat-keychain-3.jpg  

Old 1st September 2013, 11:16   #159
Senior - BHPian

The good update - went to Gurgaon yesterday . Driving to Gurgaon was a complete nightmare , ring road was jam packed and it took us about 40 minutes to cover the first 3-4 Kilometers of the drive , i peeked at the FE during this point and it was at about 7 KMPL But by the time we reached our destination it had gone upto 11.3

Way back from Gurgaon was well past midnight but trucks filling the expressway , aggressive driving and overtaking pretty much for most of the way back. Upon parking the FE was at 14.9

The not so nice update - the media player got hung again , the car was started after a period of almost 24 hours - and that seems to be the trend for it to keep hanging , anytime she is parked for a while ie upwards of 14-15 hours this seems to be happening , disconnected the batter for 4-5 minutes and everything started working again. I have also replaced by Mp3 player with a simple 4 GB USB stick now to see if the MP3 player might also be partly responsible for the situation. Will keep updating.
Old 2nd September 2013, 13:42   #160
Senior - BHPian

Finally managed to take out sometime and get a few (mobile) photos of the T-Jet Boot mat. I still need to put this in the car , waiting for a round of interior cleaning before i do that.

Same material as the foot mat but this will last much much longer given it appears to be thicker and more importantly the boot of the car is hardly used.
Attached Thumbnails
Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013 EDIT: Sold!-1.jpg  

Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013 EDIT: Sold!-2.jpg  

Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013 EDIT: Sold!-3.jpg  

Last edited by puchoo : 2nd September 2013 at 13:44.
Old 2nd September 2013, 20:36   #161
BHPian

Quote:
One thing i forgot to mention but i think it would be important to note for others given its been discussed as an issue multiple times : i did not get any wind noise while driving even at high speeds , i remembered at some point in the drive others having mentioned it and kept an ear out for it when at 120-130 and there was nothing. Even the engine noise at those speeds was nothing exceptional , only noise really was the road noise from the tyres.
Interesting. So does that wind sound in our cars is due to low base?

BTW, I recommend u get rid of those NCT if you are doing hills. During a TD I manage to fishtail the car unknowingly. That was an eye opener and this I got the tyre the replaced on the day of delivery itself. I have a Yoko S drives and have been more than happy (except for bumps lol) ..

The uphill effort is true and holds good for me as well. What I do as sandeep mentioned, I try to maintain the powerband especially at hairpin, I know it sounds a lil scary but its not that the way u might be thinking. Plus the car comes with an awesome curve handling, u can easily manage to take hairpins. If not then shift to 1st, at least thats what I do and am able to manage hill pretty well now.
Old 3rd September 2013, 12:06   #162
BHPian

Great man. Congrats on your prized possession. The colour of your car and the snps are fantastic. I envy you

I TD a linea T-jet at Kashyap Fiat in okhla last week. Firstly MJD then the TJET. Must admit that MJD was a bit dissappointing but Tjet was an absolute thriller. Could not stop smiling. Am trying to prevent myself from booking one. Don't know how long will i be able to hold myself. (Obviously sanctions from the home ministry also needed). The Beauty of this car was awsome and really wondered why FIAT was not doing well in India despite building such wonderful cars. We even own a honda city 2013 but the power and pickup was really out of bounds when compared.

Definitely the brand value of honda is much higher than that of fiat. But when compared, i believe both would be neck to neck in terms of competetion.

The only worrying factor for me is the after sales service and the cost of spares. Feedback from roadside mechanics and some service center guys was not very encouraging and this is preventing me from getting one. As with the FE, i believe, 11-12 is what i get from my my Chevy spark . Also own a Ritzy VDi 2011. that will offset the cost of running. If i get a T-jet, Will take it out for spin once in a while to calm down my nerves.

Most probably you & other owners of fiat could guide me on this.
Old 4th September 2013, 16:32   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post
Interesting. So does that wind sound in our cars is due to low base?

BTW, I recommend u get rid of those NCT if you are doing hills. During a TD I manage to fishtail the car unknowingly.
Not proficient enough to comment on the Wind sound being due to a lower GC , hopefully someone else can share some light on that. I will get rid of the NCT's eventually

Quote:
Originally Posted by su1978 View Post
Great man. Congrats on your prized possession. The colour of your car and the snps are fantastic. I envy you

The only worrying factor for me is the after sales service and the cost of spares. Feedback from roadside mechanics and some service center guys was not very encouraging and this is preventing me from getting one. As with the FE, i believe, 11-12 is what i get from my my Chevy spark . Also own a Ritzy VDi 2011. that will offset the cost of running. If i get a T-jet, Will take it out for spin once in a while to calm down my nerves.

Most probably you & other owners of fiat could guide me on this.
Expect an FE of 8-9 in heavy traffic at best and do not set yourself up for disappointment here , she is not going to give you more than this if traffic is bad but on the brighter side i have got figures of 11-12 when the drive has been better , 16 KMPL on an early morning drive to the airport so she can be good as well

I have only had one encounter with the Fiat servicing guys and despite them being/ sounding a bit distracted they got my work done pretty quickly but lets see. I had a Skoda before this , same story with their after sales as well but i was in for a nice surprise atleast with the workshop i was going to , so fingers crossed it will be similar with Fiat as well.
Old 4th September 2013, 16:57   #164
BHPian

I have only had one encounter with the Fiat servicing guys and despite them being/ sounding a bit distracted they got my work done pretty quickly but lets see. I had a Skoda before this , same story with their after sales as well but i was in for a nice surprise atleast with the workshop i was going to , so fingers crossed it will be similar with Fiat as well.[/quote]

Well, we have had enough of horror stories and deaf management of Skoda on this forum and this kept me away from purchasing Skoda, instead i bought ritzy in 2011. I asked the Skoda customer care for a comparative price list of spares VS maruti to which they flatly refused. Also on bosch service centre advised me for Either hyundai or maruti. or if i could afford, honda was the best.
Please do not tell me that you are keeping your fingers crossed, i already am very finicky about service, rather you can say, i have been spoilt by Maruti A.S.S. .
Old 4th September 2013, 17:21   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by su1978 View Post
Please do not tell me that you are keeping your fingers crossed, i already am very finicky about service, rather you can say, i have been spoilt by Maruti A.S.S. .
Point was only that i knew what i might be getting into , however my experience with Skoda yielded that sometimes companies with a bad rep might not necessarily mean that each and every dealer is bad , and having one good one is enough sometimes for a lot of people.

Skoda was also not expensive , some of the work i got done as well as the regular servicing , prices were higher but not that bad.

If servicing is that sensitive a topic for you then i agree it might not be advisable to go for any of these brands but that's your choice. i Loved the T-Jet and the Fabia for that matter enough to try my luck with the After sales service and i definitely had a good experience for the most part with Skoda - so currently i am batting 100!
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks