Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2013, 14:16   #121
Team-BHP Support

re: Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013 EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Thanks!! Maybe being a bit paranoid thanks to that 800 Km drive coming up , dont want to deal with anything on the way there.
Nah, none of that sort will go bad. That low-rpm exhaust tip shake has been present since 2 years on my T-Jet. I remember having this same question back then, but I did see 3-4 T-Jets in the service centre at various odometer readings ranging from my 10k km to one at 60k km. All of them had the same kind of shake from that exhaust tip when they were being lugged into/out of service bays.

Have a great trip! the chrome exhaust poses no ground clearance issues from my experience. Now with the additional 20mm GC, you are good to go on the worst possible roads.

By the way, did you use Youtube's suggestion for fixing the shake/blur in the video?? The video looks like it was shot underwater .
Old 2nd August 2013, 14:20   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
By the way, did you use Youtube's suggestion for fixing the shake/blur in the video?? The video looks like it was shot underwater .

Yes i did , did not know they were going to turn it into something which does look like its been shot underwater - wheres the fish? Never going to do that again. Uploaded the original video without involving Google now

Last edited by puchoo : 2nd August 2013 at 14:40.
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2013, 15:43   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post
So here are the list of specific items to keep my car looking new. You can let me know if u need more detail. All the items work wonders.

It is the first time I have made a list and I can see now where my money goes which I do not have any account of lol ! ..
Add the Jopasu duster to your list; it is extremely useful for dusting the car during the dry period of the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
I cannot do all of this myself; the apartment car cleaner cleans my car as well, and it is questionable with how much care he does it. He at least had the brains the very first day he did it to wash the car with water first since another car had splashed muddy rain water on mine the previous night.
Don't take it otherwise, but getting the car cleaner to clean your car everyday is a sure shot for getting the swirl marks on your car. The Jopasu duster is very useful for cleaning the loose dust during the dry months and it takes not more than 5 minutes in the morning.

During the rainy season clean your car once in a week or maybe 10 days but try to do it yourself. It gives immense satisfaction to see the car sparkling after all the hard labour.
Sommos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2013, 16:10   #124
BHPian

Sommos, point well made, but I'm no spring chicken and am not in the pink of health either! The answer probably lies midway; use the Jopasu myself everyday, and get the cleaner to clean it once a week under supervision.
Old 5th August 2013, 10:24   #125
Senior - BHPian

I finally managed to put into use the rain sensing feature of the car and have to admit its something which is growing on me quite strongly. There was quite a thunderstorm last week (Thursday i think it was) and quite windy as well resulting in the rain increasing and decreasing in intensity - the wipers adjusted automatically including slowing down if i was in an underpass - not once did their automatic adjustments fall short of what i would have preferred the speed to be.Quite convenient.

The car has done about 650 KMS now and i think ill be able to manage another 200 or so before the drive to Himachal - while i would have preferred to get 1000 under the belt that's not going to happen - i trust this would be a decent enough run in period and i can let her a bit loose on the highway - by loose i dont mean redlining it but in terms of being aggressive - hard acceleration , downshifts etc?
Old 5th August 2013, 11:55   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The car has done about 650 KMS now and i think ill be able to manage another 200 or so before the drive to Himachal - while i would have preferred to get 1000 under the belt that's not going to happen - i trust this would be a decent enough run in period and i can let her a bit loose on the highway - by loose i dont mean redlining it but in terms of being aggressive - hard acceleration , downshifts etc?
Go ahead and enjoy; just remember not to accelerate/de-accelerate suddenly. Just do it in a gradual manner.
Old 6th August 2013, 10:17   #127
Senior - BHPian

Thanks , i typically try and avoid doing that but it does tend to happen sometime while overtaking and climbing hills but i suppose thats fine.

What is everyone's opinion on starting / switching off the car with the headlights on. Maybe this is a no brainier but for the last odd week the headlights are permanently on the "Auto" setting - what this means is that when i get to office or back home the headlights are on - at this point i can either switch them off and then switch off the car or just stop the car. The same applies to starting the car - i park in a basement in office so when i put the car on the headlights come on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Go ahead and enjoy; just remember not to accelerate/de-accelerate suddenly. Just do it in a gradual manner.
Old 7th August 2013, 21:06   #128
BHPian

Quote:
What is everyone's opinion on starting / switching off the car with the headlights on. Maybe this is a no brainier but for the last odd week the headlights are permanently on the "Auto" setting - what this means is that when i get to office or back home the headlights are on - at this point i can either switch them off and then switch off the car or just stop the car. The same applies to starting the car - i park in a basement in office so when i put the car on the headlights come on
If it's the question of whether the bulb(s) might burn out, let me give you a small, somewhat related account of my license-plate number lightbulb. Initially, for a few months I was driving around in the city with the parking lights on all the time until a message started appearing on the MID mentioning that the license-plate number lightbulb requires replacing.

One day I took it to the service centre (Concorde) and we noticed that the lightbulb was shining almost fine except that it had some mild amount of blackening on the inside. The service engineer suggested that I replace them as soon as possible. This spare wasn't in stock at any of these service centres. Spent quite some time trying to source on with the right specs (or it'd still throw that message on the MID).

Ever since this episode, I'm a bit cautious about keeping lights on whenever unnecessary
nareshov is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2013, 10:49   #129
Senior - BHPian

Strange problem , hoping someone will be able to help me with this.

Switched on the car this morning , typically within about 15 odd seconds the media player files start playing automatically - but today they did not. I noticed it and started going through the menu etc assuming maybe the automatic play preference might have gone off , but there was no media player option in the menu at all.

Took the USB wire in and out and while the media player gives me options the minute the wire is connected , if i select playback from the player the sound starts coming from its own speakers and not the car speakers.

It was playing till 10 PM last night perfectly fine when i got back home. Its the only player i have used in the car so wondering what might have happened. I did not make any adjustments to any settings in the car.

On the other hand connecting , calling with respect to phone features are working perfectly fine.

This is the player i use - not really sure what the problem could be - cant be a dead battery on the media player can it? I was assuming that everytime its connected its also charging while there is playback taking place.
Attached Thumbnails
Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013 EDIT: Sold!-20130808_102713.jpg  

Old 8th August 2013, 14:25   #130
Senior - BHPian

I reformatted the player , removed all the files and copied some of them back on but it is Still not working , i copied only 15-20 files to see it worked but its not. The port i think is definitely working - because the minute i connect the player starts charging and comes on - nothing beyond that

Maybe something has happened with the media player settings , but the problem is i cant check because i do not see any options for media player at all - be it through the steering menu or the main menu..

thoughts?
Old 8th August 2013, 14:27   #131
Senior - BHPian

Check with a USB drive whether the Blue&Me is Ok.
If the Blue&Me is not playing songs from the USB drive then you need to pay a visit to the dealer.

In my case the Blue & Me has been replaced under warranty.
Old 8th August 2013, 14:29   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Strange problem , hoping someone will be able to help me with this.

Switched on the car this morning , typically within about 15 odd seconds the media player files start playing automatically - but today they did not. I noticed it and started going through the menu etc assuming maybe the automatic play preference might have gone off , but there was no media player option in the menu at all.

Took the USB wire in and out and while the media player gives me options the minute the wire is connected , if i select playback from the player the sound starts coming from its own speakers and not the car speakers.

It was playing till 10 PM last night perfectly fine when i got back home. Its the only player i have used in the car so wondering what might have happened. I did not make any adjustments to any settings in the car.

On the other hand connecting , calling with respect to phone features are working perfectly fine.

This is the player i use - not really sure what the problem could be - cant be a dead battery on the media player can it? I was assuming that everytime its connected its also charging while there is playback taking place.
You have the MS windows button on the left of the steering wheel. Press the button wait for the voice command to take you through, When the prompt say play, you repeat play and the media player plays. I had the same problem, but this is not a problem as such, Its an interesting feature that comes with the car. I hope this will solve your problem
Old 8th August 2013, 14:32   #133
Senior - BHPian

The voice is not giving me the option of Play , when i do press it

Make selection Or say Help - If i go to help then there is nothing available for the media player.

Or am i doing something wrong here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmessiah View Post
You have the MS windows button on the left of the steering wheel. Press the button wait for the voice command to take you through, When the prompt say play, you repeat play and the media player plays. I had the same problem, but this is not a problem as such, Its an interesting feature that comes with the car. I hope this will solve your problem
Old 8th August 2013, 17:26   #134
Senior - BHPian

Problem solved!

Decided to make a quick run to the workshop and showed the problem to the service guy. He tried to find the menu but could not , disconnected the battery terminals and problem solved. Everything was working post that - in the process he also decided to tighten up a few other things which had started to creak a bit.

Will put all the files back at night and hopefully the problem is not going to return.

I asked why it might have happened, he said " Virus" which i was expecting but do not believe one bit.
Old 8th August 2013, 17:28   #135
BHPian

Quote:
The voice is not giving me the option of Play , when i do press it

Make selection Or say Help - If i go to help then there is nothing available for the media player.

Or am i doing something wrong here?
Press windows and say "Media" and it will take you to the Folders menu. Browse through the song. Once you click 'ok' it may display a 'Pause' caption on MID. Mute and unmute 2-3 times from steering mounted switch.

Also try speaking "Play" with windows button.

Whatever 'feature' this is, it annoys me to the core.

Yeah and weak battery can be a possible case. It is happening to me lately (at times media player not playing), got the batteries checked and the guy said "Sir dont worry, you are good to go for another 3 months" LOL ! .

Last edited by Speed Pujari : 8th August 2013 at 17:30.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks