Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2013, 15:59   #181
Senior - BHPian

re: Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013 EDIT: Sold!

Unfortunately not , it can run on clutch release till the start but once the ramp begins it cannot. The ramp is not a gentle gradient and is almost 25 degrees the minute it starts - hence a decent throttle input is required which takes it upto about 3000 RPM as mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Probably the one we encounter while coming out of basement in office parking.
I come across them daily,i simply pull them off in 1st or 2nd gear without any throttle inputs in the Linea MJD,T-Jet has similar torque should be able to pull it off easily,just make sure you do not have a impatient driver behind your car
Old 20th September 2013, 22:07   #182
Senior - BHPian

It does but at the same time it should not be stalling in case you do release it just with the clutch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
The T-Jet needs a firm foot on the accelerator when starting off. At least mine does.
Old 26th September 2013, 14:53   #183
Senior - BHPian

Continues her no problem status.

Media player definitely has met all tests that i could throw at it with the USB kit , no problems at all since i interchanged. Not planning to upgrade to the latest version of Blue and Me as there is nothing wrong with the one i have.

Car seems to have gone into some economy zone , no matter how i drive her the KMPL figures are always decent. They have been over 10 for the last few days with the exception of yesterday where it was at 7.1 - however this was 7.1 post being stuck in a jam which resulted in 90 minutes being taken to cover 8 Kilometers thanks to all the rain. Not bad at all given that.

Need to sit down and clean the drive leather seat , despite the car being driven with the windows up 90% of the time there is some dirt on it , this is more so not so much as a result of the dust outside but what rubs off onto the seat from trousers and jeans.
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2013, 11:32   #184
Senior - BHPian

Figures from Last week

Monday : 10.3
Tuesday : 11.1
Wednesday : 7.1
Thursday : 9.8
Friday : 10.9
Old 30th September 2013, 11:41   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Figures from Last week

Monday : 10.3
Tuesday : 11.1
Wednesday : 7.1
Thursday : 9.8
Friday : 10.9
Nice,but i get more than double of these
its a MJD
Old 30th September 2013, 12:36   #186
Senior - BHPian

Like i keep saying , fortunately i never bought this car for mileage so happy to ride along with these numbers or even if they were slightly less i would be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Nice,but i get more than double of these
its a MJD
Old 6th October 2013, 17:57   #187
Senior - BHPian

Decided i wanted to clean my air filter out today or maybe even replace it if it was too dirty. Taking it out and cleaning it was pretty easy and took all of 5 minutes but what i was shocked by was what i found underneath the air filter.

Its a small yellow 'plasticy' cover and was lying right underneath - pictures tell the whole story. Now i dont know if this is supposed to be there or not , but i have cleaned enough air filters in my life to probably take a good guess that its not.

Now i am not a mechanic but i can assume , safely i am sure , that given its location it was probably stopping some amount of air flow , as such no indications are present in the car while driving , either in the form of low mileage or loss of power / acceleration.

The sliver lining is that it was lying where it was , a few inches inside the pipe and i would have probably missed it all together.

Any clues anyone?
Attached Thumbnails
Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013 EDIT: Sold!-20131006_135802.jpg  

Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013 EDIT: Sold!-20131006_135805.jpg  

Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013 EDIT: Sold!-20131006_135812.jpg  

Last edited by puchoo : 6th October 2013 at 18:01.
Old 6th October 2013, 20:39   #188
BHPian

Sheesh, that's bad. I should probably check mine too - been plagued by low FE from day one. Thanks Puchoo.
Old 6th October 2013, 23:24   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Decided i wanted to clean my air filter out today or maybe even replace it if it was too dirty. Taking it out and cleaning it was pretty easy and took all of 5 minutes but what i was shocked by was what i found underneath the air filter.

Its a small yellow 'plasticy' cover and was lying right underneath - pictures tell the whole story. Now i dont know if this is supposed to be there or not , but i have cleaned enough air filters in my life to probably take a good guess that its not.

Now i am not a mechanic but i can assume , safely i am sure , that given its location it was probably stopping some amount of air flow , as such no indications are present in the car while driving , either in the form of low mileage or loss of power / acceleration.

The sliver lining is that it was lying where it was , a few inches inside the pipe and i would have probably missed it all together.

Any clues anyone?
Hi Check out for rats at your place, it usually enters from Air intake pipe infront of filter. Same thing happened in my Punto as well, big problems these rats are.
Old 7th October 2013, 16:57   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Taking it out and cleaning it was pretty easy and took all of 5 minutes but what i was shocked by was what i found underneath the air filter.
What you found inside is alarming. It is very difficult to say how that may have landed there. When I popped the hood yesterday, I found a little frog sitting quietly on the plastic net panel that runs over the suspension strut area. When i tried to coarse it out, it jumped in to the front mudguard. I have no idea how it can get out of there as it is closed and goes deep. It amazes me how that little frog was sitting inside with so much heat around.

On the subject of the air box, I had a nightmare when I putting it back. I was not using a screw driver with a good magnetic tip so when putting back one of the screws, it fell in and it took weeks for me to recover it. The screw never dropped to the ground as there is a plastic cover beside the main metal sump guard. I then drove to Aadya motors to check if they could recover the screw. By then, due to the driving distance and vibration, the screw could have dropped to the ground too. Nobody attended to me at Aadya so I left. The next thing I did was tapped the bottom plastic piece and I could hear what sounded like a screw jumping around. I tapped for a while, more vigorously and then things got worse. The noise of the jumping screw stopped. I could not see it when viewed from the top. I then dropped my point and shoot camera inside and clicked some images around the area. My hand could barely fit through the gab between the engine and air box. It is a really small gap. I pointed the camera where ever it could, clicked some images deep down and still could not find anything. I had given up. It was scary too as I was very worried the screw could come into contact with the drive belt and that would be a really bad breakdown. Many days later, I was casually going over the images again and finally located the position of the screw. I did not notice it the first time around as I did not zoom into the images on the tiny camera screen. On zooming in, I located the screw and it was stuck between the plastic mudguard assembly and some other panel. I could still not see it. I dropped my hand inside again and gently felt for the screw and finally pulled it out. Will put up an image soon. Oh man, this episode was so stressful that I've decided not to attempt this again. When re fixing the screw, I suspended it with a thread and once it caught the plastic thread on the air box, I cut the thread suspending the screw. Some experience eeh.
sandeepmohan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2013, 18:35   #191
BHPian

Scary stuff, Sandeep. I'm a klutz, so your experience will help me be careful. Thanks for the heads-up.
Old 7th October 2013, 22:20   #192
Senior - BHPian

Fiat Linea T Jet Air box

Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013 EDIT: Sold!-p1030829_r.jpg

Fiat Linea T Jet stock replacement air filter

Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013 EDIT: Sold!-p1030830_r.jpg

Fiat Linea T Jet stock replacement air filter

Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013 EDIT: Sold!-p1030831_r.jpg

Air filter part sharing with Fiat, Lancia and Alfa Romeo

Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013 EDIT: Sold!-p1030832_r.jpg

Lets looks for the air box screw...

Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013 EDIT: Sold!-p1030842_r.jpg

Still looking....

Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013 EDIT: Sold!-p1030840_r.jpg

....and there it is.

Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013 EDIT: Sold!-p1030867_r.jpg

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 7th October 2013 at 22:22.
sandeepmohan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2013, 11:54   #193
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear that , like i mentioned for me it was routine. I think the fact that i had a long screwdriver made all the difference and i did not need to do acrobatics to take or put the screws back on.

Just ensure the right tool is there and take your time unscrewing it and putting it back and its a very easy thing to do.

I am probably going to send these pictures to Fiat and create some noise on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post

On the subject of the air box, I had a nightmare when I putting it back. .
Quote:
Scary stuff, Sandeep. I'm a klutz, so your experience will help me be careful. Thanks for the heads-up.
Old 9th October 2013, 18:15   #194
BHPian

puchoo, sorry to hijack your thread. But can someone post pics of how I can remove the air filter for inspection? I don't even know which box in the engine compartment to unscrew. The owner's manual assumes this is not something an owner should do, so no info there.
Old 10th October 2013, 21:52   #195
Senior - BHPian

Not at all sir , feel free to ask whatever you want

Marked out the compartment in a red circle for your reference.

Quote:
puchoo, sorry to hijack your thread. But can someone post pics of how I can remove the air filter for inspection? I don't even know which box in the engine compartment to unscrew. The owner's manual assumes this is not something an owner should do, so no info there.
Attached Thumbnails
Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013 EDIT: Sold!-picture1-1.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks