Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2014, 13:11   #226
Senior - BHPian

re: Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013 EDIT: Sold!

Got the first injury to the car last night , motorcycle rolled into the car at a decent enough speed , given the noise i got out half expecting the bumper to be nicely pushed inwards but was pleasantly surprise , in the context of the circumstances, that the damage was not too bad , or at least i dont think it is.

As can be seen from the photograph the bumper has torn a bit in two places owing to the pressure exerted and come up a bit - i was hoping it might be easy enough to push back down with my hands and then maybe apply some super glue to keep it there but thats not happening.

I am still to go for the servicing , hopefully this week , and will check on what the service guys can do about it , otherwise if its too expensive or the solution not practical will take it to a local bumper guy and see what he can do. Many years ago i had a massive tear in my maruti bumper and they basically heated it to make the plastic a little flexible and put it back in place.
Attached Thumbnails
Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013 EDIT: Sold!-20140113_103828.jpg  

puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2014, 16:38   #227
Senior - BHPian

Re:Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013

Ouch!

but in retrospect, it does not look too bad. Also, the gouge mark, is not on the radius of the bumper's edge so that takes care of a lot of hassles.
Some deft "putty" work to smoothen out the gouge and a some skilful spray paint job should make Tizzie shine again.

Suggest you get it done at some good, independent body repair shop - usually these guys are more adept at sorting out these knicks unlike the authorised service centre one's who'll make a hue and cry about it and present you with huge bills !
Old 21st January 2014, 11:44   #228
Senior - BHPian

Managed to take care of it to some degree myself as well , thanks to the house being under construction lots of tools lying around , took a simply lever , raise the edge which had gone under the plastic and took it out. While the crack is still there atleast the area is now even. I was planning to layer it with super glue to bond it together which would have been quite easy but i am taking the car for servicing this Friday and will check the service folks as well once if they can do something about it.
Old 31st January 2014, 23:49   #229
BHPian

Hi there Puchoo

1st of all congrats on the new 2013 Linea T-Jet! After a very long time my friend and I (he has a 2010 VVT SX4 ZXi turbocharged at Red Rooster Performance B'lore) got to test drive the T-Jet around the middle of this month here in Chennai.

We could take it onto a nice straight stretch and rip it. Touched 140 in 3rd. We loved it. Such a smooth engine and hardly any lag at lower speeds. Did some slow driving in normal city traffic too and it was good. We both felt the car had excellent driveability. I only wish it had a 6 speed gearbox as it would really help when cruising.

Superb build, lovely front and rear seats, almost all features we need and a marvellous mechanical package. The steering had very good feel and wasn't light like the Vento TSI. Ride quality was exemplary. So flat and planted even at 140.

Now the only thing we felt a bit odd about was the positioning of the pedals. Since you own this car I thought it would be good to know from an owner. I'm not referring to the spacing between the pedals but the positioning of the pedals themselves.

I own a 2010 Hyundai Verna Transform 1.6 SX petrol and the pedals are very comfortable. Same goes with my friend's SX4 too.

We noticed that the clutch had long travel and the positioning of the pedals was odd. Apart from these 2 points we simply loved the car.

Would like to know how you feel about the pedal positioning or rather whether you've got used to it now.

Once again congrats on the purchase and this is the best VFM performance sedan under 11 lacs!
VSG12777 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2014, 03:21   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSG12777 View Post
We noticed that the clutch had long travel and the positioning of the pedals was odd. Apart from these 2 points we simply loved the car.

Would like to know how you feel about the pedal positioning or rather whether you've got used to it now.

Once again congrats on the purchase and this is the best VFM performance sedan under 11 lacs!
The long clutch travel was one of the first things I noticed on the TJet myself..took me all of 7 days to get used to it.

Same goes for the "odd" pedal placement.

Puchoo please feel free to disagree
ZBlue is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2014, 10:44   #231
BHPian

Hey Zblue. Good to hear from another T-Jet owner. Actually even the clutch travel was ok. Only the pedal positioning was weird. My friend and I were both wondering whether this would be uncomfortable in daily driving in city traffic.

Thing is when we are in slow traffic the left foot can't be on the dead pedal. We can't ride the clutch either so we end up placing the left foot just above the clutch pedal ready to press it if the need arises. This is what made it uncomfortable since my thigh had to move up quite a bit.

Would pushing the driver's seat back a bit more solve this problem? But then by doing this the rear legroom gets reduced even further. Hmm confusing! I guess everything has a matter of getting used to it but still as far as the pedals go the difference between the Verna/SX4 and the Linea T - Jet was quite a lot.
VSG12777 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2014, 15:30   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBlue View Post
The long clutch travel was one of the first things I noticed on the TJet myself..took me all of 7 days to get used to it.

Same goes for the "odd" pedal placement.

Puchoo please feel free to disagree
I dont agree at all , the play is a bit long but nothing that one cannot get used to. Ofcourse a shorter play will always be better in stop and go traffic if you are sitting in such a situation for a while but otherwise its fine for me personally and i do not even think about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSG12777 View Post

Thing is when we are in slow traffic the left foot can't be on the dead pedal. We can't ride the clutch either so we end up placing the left foot just above the clutch pedal ready to press it if the need arises. This is what made it uncomfortable since my thigh had to move up quite a bit.

Would pushing the driver's seat back a bit more solve this problem? But then by doing this the rear legroom gets reduced even further. Hmm confusing! I guess everything has a matter of getting used to it but still as far as the pedals go the difference between the Verna/SX4 and the Linea T - Jet was quite a lot.
The pedals are a bit tightly placed together which makes them feel a bit strange to use , my driving style has got adjusted on its own wherein i do not even bother using the dead pedal in the city now , i can do it and do do it on the highways but hardly in the city now , maybe at nights.

The T-Jet is tight on space at the rear so any movements of the drivers seat towards the back will eat up space , that is a compromise with the car , fiddle around with the seat height adjuster etc and see if that gets you a decent spot.
Old 15th February 2014, 11:14   #233
Senior - BHPian

Sorry , meant to say that i dont disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
I dont agree at all
Old 17th February 2014, 11:49   #234
Senior - BHPian

A bit late with these images but then better late than never i suppose! Finally installed the illuminated T-Jet door sills when the car went for its first service some weeks back. Still much more expensive than 99 RPM where they are available for about 1200 INR whereas at the workshop they are at about 2700 INR - but there was a service camp running so not only did i get a 10-15% discount on the price i did not pay for labor as well.

Good quality and am very satisfied with them

Those are not scratches that are present on the non illuminated photo but its the plastic cover which is still to be taken off.

Service details in another post , for some reason i cannot locate my bill!
Old 18th February 2014, 17:12   #235
Senior - BHPian

Does not appear to be a very happy new year for the car , got another nasty bang yesterday, Looks worse than it is ( hopefully) , on running my nail across everything , in about 70% of the case its not getting stuck and thats making me hope a good rubbing and polishing sessions should take car of this to some degree - these photos are post using F1 scratch out.

No dents to the car or mechanical damage in any manner. Tyres are fine as well

Any advise welcome including reference of any good denter / painter in the Delhi area. I used to know one in Lajpat Nagar who appears to have gone back home to UP.
Attached Thumbnails
Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013 EDIT: Sold!-damage-2-1.jpg  

Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013 EDIT: Sold!-damage-3.jpg  

Old 19th February 2014, 15:53   #236
Senior - BHPian

kashyap fiat, noida. Got my bonnet re-done from them and they did a brilliant job.
Old 21st February 2014, 11:23   #237
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the tip , i know that overall quality levels are far better in Noida than they are at Okhla , hoping that it does not need to come to that and some good amount of elbow grease will take care of the problem to a livable extent till i can plan a proper day out in Noida. Weekend starts tomorrow , lets see what it brings in terms of a solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
kashyap fiat, noida. Got my bonnet re-done from them and they did a brilliant job.
Old 24th February 2014, 10:57   #238
Senior - BHPian

So i managed to do very little this weekend thanks to last minute work and was unable to show the car , however i did manage to stop by for a bit at the Fiat Service Camp which had been organized at jawaharlal nehru stadium over the weekend and managed to show the damage , as i was guessing also 50% or so will come off with rubbing and polishing , so that's the good news. The dealers present there will be getting in touch with me over the week with multiple corrective options and estimates. Will update.
Old 28th February 2014, 21:32   #239
BHPian

Hi Puchoo. I bought a black Linea T-jet last month. Just wanted to thank you for this amazing thread as this(and Karthikk's thread) played a very important role in me buying the Jet. Thanks again
Old 3rd March 2014, 12:17   #240
Senior - BHPian

Just went through it , congratulations again!! Karthikk has strongly recommended a tyre upgrade for many reasons including less road noise which you might want to consider getting done if budgets allow. Look forward to frequent updates on your thread !

Quote:
Originally Posted by azhar915 View Post
Hi Puchoo. I bought a black Linea T-jet last month. Just wanted to thank you for this amazing thread as this(and Karthikk's thread) played a very important role in me buying the Jet. Thanks again

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks