Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2013, 17:26   #136
BHPian

Hi ecosport your DRL mod looks really cool.
Are the projectors bi-xenon?
Old 2nd October 2013, 17:37   #137
BHPian

Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
I did not like the extra bright silver colour for stock alloys so got them painted in the original euro versions colour (had to work very hard to get the colour code)
ecosport_rules, that is beautiful! Really nice touch. Do you think I can get that done in Blore? Thoroughly impressed.
penpavan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2013, 18:03   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfreak View Post
Hi ecosport your DRL mod looks really cool.
Are the projectors bi-xenon?
Yes they are bixenons (both high and low beam in one projector)
Just got some free time will upload some pictures with both lights on.
Also uploading the pictures of original rear wiper, euro spec cross bars both of which looks too neat now.
Attached Thumbnails
My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-img20131002wa0000.jpg  

My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-img20131002wa0001.jpg  

My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-dsc00079.jpg  

My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-dsc00078.jpg  

My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-dsc099902.jpg  

My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-dsc09970.jpg  

My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-dsc09966.jpg  

My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-dsc09948.jpg  

My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-dsc099452.jpg  

My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-dsc099422.jpg  

My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-dsc09933.jpg  

My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-dsc09938.jpg  

My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-dsc09911.jpg  

My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-dsc09909.jpg  

My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-dsc098762.jpg  

My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-dsc000272.jpg  

My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-dsc000672.jpg  

My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-dsc00024.jpg  

My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-dsc00107.jpg  

My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-dsc09955.jpg  

ecosport rules is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2013, 18:26   #139
BHPian

The Lights look stunning on your vehicle. Just wanted to know if he does these stuffs for Fortuner as well.
Old 2nd October 2013, 19:25   #140

Got too inspired by looking at your mod! Even called up the guy you've mentioned only to be put down by the exorbitant price he mentioned.
On another note, now thinking about a DIY Project and I've already zeroed down on the stuff i need.
What do you think about these? Will these fit?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Dual-...101530721.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...094627475.html

Is it ok to post links here like this? I am new here. Please guide me!
Old 2nd October 2013, 21:42   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco-doc View Post
Got too inspired by looking at your mod! Even called up the guy you've mentioned only to be put down by the exorbitant price he mentioned.
On another note, now thinking about a DIY Project and I've already zeroed down on the stuff i need.

I suggest you wait for a while. In a matter of a few months such accessories will be readily available locally and at very competitive prices.
Old 2nd October 2013, 22:03   #142
BHPian

[quote=eco-doc;3254745]Got too inspired by looking at your mod! Even called up the guy you've mentioned only to be put down by the exorbitant price he mentioned.

Even though the installation looks very neat , the price quoted by the person is very high .

Please post the wiring diagram as well if you happen to find one , i am not clear on how the DRL part works as it should be ON always and need to change the color once indicator is switched ON.
Old 2nd October 2013, 22:34   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Yes they are bixenons (both high and low beam in one projector)
Just got some free time will upload some pictures with both lights on.
Also uploading the pictures of original rear wiper, euro spec cross bars both of which looks too neat now.
The Bixenons look really awesome on the ecosport - especially for the silver monster. I have been following your mods and really enjoy seeing what you have been doing. The yellow DRL makes it very upmarket and gives a premium look.

One Question: Did the mods involve any cutting of stock wires? If yes, won't the electrical warranty be void now?
Old 2nd October 2013, 23:52   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnair View Post
, i am not clear on how the DRL part works as it should be ON always and need to change the color once indicator is switched ON.

The DRL's should actually be connected to the ignition wire so as to be on at all times! But that voids the warranty as per the policies of Ford.
So in the above case it is connected to the park light of the car.
So it comes on as soon as the driver turns on the Park lights.

Its a dual tone light strip. Which turns on the white light on regular use and orange light on operating the turn indicators and is hence connected accordingly.

Last edited by johannskaria : 2nd October 2013 at 23:53.
johannskaria is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2013, 00:01   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria

The DRL's should actually be connected to the ignition wire so as to be on at all times! But that voids the warranty as per the policies of Ford.
So in the above case it is connected to the park light of the car.
So it comes on as soon as the driver turns on the Park lights.

Its a dual tone light strip. Which turns on the white light on regular use and orange light on operating the turn indicators and is hence connected accordingly.
I just noticed from the images that the hole for park light is partially covered by the projector lamp. Does that mean , the original park light option will get removed ?

Also what will be the relevance of headlight levelling system with the projector lamps fitted ?
Old 3rd October 2013, 00:12   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I suggest you look at Morimoto Mini's on the same site. Couple them with good ballasts and some Osram/Philips HID bulb and you should have the perfect bi-xenon set up. This entire kit is bolt-on, so no need to cut your headlight reflector at all!
Those DRL's are an excellent find, may be we can order them and get some experienced chap to install it for us at our cities. I'm guessing the prices will comedown with more demand But Kudos to ecosport rules for giving us these ideas and carrying out these mods on his car

Last edited by shashank.nk : 3rd October 2013 at 00:15.
shashank.nk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2013, 00:20   #147
BHPian

[quote=ranjithrnair;3254898]
Quote:
Got too inspired by looking at your mod! Even called up the guy you've mentioned only to be put down by the exorbitant price he mentioned...........

color once indicator is switched ON.
Just checked up the link for projector. These dont take H4 bulbs which is there in EcoSport, So my guess these are not Bi-Xenon projectors which is what you need to have in EcoSport.

Do confirm if you are ordering.
Old 3rd October 2013, 04:15   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnair View Post
I just noticed from the images that the hole for park light is partially covered by the projector lamp. Does that mean , the original park light option will get removed ?

Also what will be the relevance of headlight levelling system with the projector lamps fitted ?
The drl now becomes the parking light.
The headlight leveller is very useful it moves the projector up and down. I use it on 2 or 3 in city and 0 or 1 on highway depending on the road and load in the vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonblr View Post
The Bixenons look really awesome on the ecosport - especially for the silver monster. I have been following your mods and really enjoy seeing what you have been doing. The yellow DRL makes it very upmarket and gives a premium look.

One Question: Did the mods involve any cutting of stock wires? If yes, won't the electrical warranty be void now?
There is no tampering with stock wires hence no problem with warranty
ecosport rules is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2013, 09:40   #149
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

I notice that you have 3 roof Cross Bars.

I got two when I ordered the original accessory and the roof rack was separate. Did you pay extra for the third Cross Bar? or was it standard when you ordered Cross Bars?
Old 3rd October 2013, 11:05   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
I notice that you have 3 roof Cross Bars.

I got two when I ordered the original accessory and the roof rack was separate. Did you pay extra for the third Cross Bar? or was it standard when you ordered Cross Bars?

I did not like the third slot empty looked incomplete to me,so I ordered for one more set.

There is a nice luggage bag available from Thule which can be fixed to the cross bars in case you have extra luggage.

It is weather resistant , collapsable and fits into a single small bag after use.Saw it on Amazon.com.

Does anyone know where we can get this in india?
Attached Thumbnails
My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-screenshot_20130917104236.png  

ecosport rules is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks