Old 8th December 2022, 14:15   #661

re: Tallboy welcomes longer companion | Maruti Ertiga VDi | 241,500 km

Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post

9 Years and 232,000 km:

The faithful companion completed 9 years of trouble-free ownership in the month of October.
Simply brilliant! Thanks for yet another update!

[center]
  • After along gap, I thoroughly enjoyed riding the Kawasaki Versys 650 on the Hyderabad highway, giving me a chance to reminisce my riding days:
Attachment 2387863
Awesome! Time to catch up on a Sunday morning ride then!
Added_flavor is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 14:40   #662

that the Ertiga clocked barely 16,000 km. I drove around that car for 5000 km in 3 months too
Without daily commutes, you are seeing 21k. I did 6K more with a 80 km weekday commute. You probably would've touched 400K with daily commutes and no Covid lockdowns.

I know you'll casually accumulate another 3000-4000 by New Year

At our Chikmagalur home, daughter poses with her second home
Your daughter practically grew up in this car. From being carried on your sling in the delivery pic to becoming taller girl than you.
---
Don't post those shiny beige interior pics on a 10 year old car, gives complex to lazy bones like me. I don't even seem to maintain black interiors in that vein
narayans80 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 21:56   #663

9 Years and 232,000 km:

The faithful companion completed 9 years of trouble-free ownership in the month of October. Year 2022 had been extremely hectic on professional front that the Ertiga clocked barely 16,000 km. Due to this, the outstation trips were very minimal for my standards:
Nice update after a long time. Superbly maintained and the last comparison pic says it all.

Yes, the ODO is not moving as per your standard. Its time to plan for a drive, Samruddhi Expressway is getting inaugurated at the right time .
arun_josie is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 09:33   #664

I can only dream of clocking those numbers. Which gets me thinking what exactly is your profession that involves so much travel

Here's my number, we bought a Tiago 1.2 P in 2018 Dec and the current odo stands at 15K. It's more funny that I and my dad both use (or rather not use) the car.
Siddarth_Ramani is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 09:56   #665

Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
As good as day one! Super updates boss!

A lot of people bash Maruti for not so good quality panels or switch gear(ignore the body and safety stuff) and parts sharing. But little do they understand that when it comes to ageing of these parts, no other brand can come close to MSIL other than maybe Toyota to some extent(but the parts are far more expensive). Bring in a ten year old Tata or Mahindra or even some Germans and there is a vast difference in how well the Maruti has held up being close to brand new. My 14 year old SX4, now with my friend still looks like how it was when we brought it. Except the gear knob which cracked, everything else looks and works like it was on day one.
Very True, and that gear knob could be DIY replaced if you procure one for under Rs. 400 from spare parts shop.
spanner777 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 10:30   #666

A superb article and loved the way you have maintained the Ertiga. I own an Ertiga 2013 Vxi and have crossed 100000 Km's. I agree with you on the service and dependability.

I cannot post the pics though as my car has war battles all over since i handed over the car to my dad and well he is 'extra careful'
superchamp is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 10:54   #667

• Incidentally, I realised that I had published the ownership report of the Ertiga almost exactly 9 years back in Dec 2013 and couldn't help but have these 2 images compared side by side:
Attachment 2387888
[/indent]
You sure are in love with this car! Your missus better be wary of her

I am not exaggerating but in this recent pic of your car, it looks better and newer than the one clicked (freaking) 9 years ago!
07CR is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 11:43   #668

Nice to see an update after a long time, the car looks just like new, even after 9 years and 2lac plus kms on the odo.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 12:19   #669

The faithful companion completed 9 years of trouble-free ownership in the month of October. Year 2022 had been extremely hectic on professional front that the Ertiga clocked barely 16,000 km.
I have 9+year-old Ertiga VXi....although not run anywhere close to Parag's but a sturdy companion over all these years. Family has been asking for a replacement, but they are not able to zero in

Last edited by Turbanator : 13th December 2022 at 09:10. Reason: fixed quote
sa_goel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 16:22   #670

Superb! Well maintained and well done Maruti.

I wonder why bigger/premium Manufacturers don't use such simple and reliable parts. Like AC! Damn thing never broke in 2+ lacs KMs. Another example: I replaced brake rotors/discs 2 times and 1 engine mount in my Fiesta, with in 50K Kms.
Vibhanshu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 19:10   #671

Amazing! And here I was thinking I have covered a lot of distance in 9 years by completing over 1 lakh kms in my Vista! Your numbers are seriously awesome and the condition your car is in is even more so. Wish you many more miles with your steed - I am pretty sure that by the time you replace your car, it will have the record of the most driven Ertiga ever!
Neversaygbye is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 22:35   #672

9 Years and 232,000 km:

The faithful companion completed 9 years of trouble-free ownership in the month of October. Year 2022 had been extremely hectic on professional front that the Ertiga clocked barely 16,000 km.
Congratulations on your wonderful experience. Wish you clock a lakh more on your car in next couple of years.

This is also a case of how reliable Maruti has been throughout the years and just speaks why people stick to Maruti despite "cheap plastics" & "outdated interior".

Originally Posted by Siddarth_Ramani View Post
I can only dream of clocking those numbers. Which gets me thinking what exactly is your profession that involves so much travel

Here's my number, we bought a Tiago 1.2 P in 2018 Dec and the current odo stands at 15K. It's more funny that I and my dad both use (or rather not use) the car.
Let me introduce my neighbours to you. Both their cars combined would be hardly running 500kms per annum
Silent Buddha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2022, 17:33   #673

The Best Maruti product till date. Have not even spent the amount it shows in KM's including Regular maintenance, Tyres and insurance.
Tallboy welcomes longer companion | Maruti Ertiga VDi | 241,500 km-img20221210wa0002.jpg  

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 10th December 2022 at 18:30. Reason: Grammar.
Fizleo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 22:12   #674

Hi Parag, you are the "Ashwa hrudaya sarathi" of the modern times. A person who knows the pulse of his horse. It makes me wonder how you manage your schedule. Your thread has taught me how profession and passion can be managed together. It is very heartening to know that you have a home in my hometown Chikkamagaluru.Hoping to meet you when you are in Chickamagaluru.
Old 12th December 2022, 23:49   #675

While Parag can answer on the questions, let me chip in about the rear wiper. Unless it is a sedan, I would want a rear wiper on my cars - whether a SUV or a hatchback. Very useful to see traffic better during rains.

I agree with condor 100%. I drive a Honda BRV and a WagonR and I have a rear wiper on both which I use quite often. When your door mirrors are covered in rain water and you cannot see a thing behind you, the rear wash/wipe will be a huge help. In fact I have bought the higher model f these cars just for the rear wash/wipe and defogger.

SS
suzuki san is offline   (1) Thanks