Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2014, 13:53   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: A DDiS love affair: My Maruti Swift VDi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDiSLover View Post
Yes, finally some great news!!!

Well, I did tank up to the brim from the same place I did before doing the test. I will tank up the brim again after this week and see what figures I attain. I will try to restrain myself from pushing the engine beyond 2000 rpm and see what figures I get. I will then do the same with my normal driving style and see.
Good news finally. Do you have access to any COCO pumps? If so, try it for the next couple of times - might help you.
Old 2nd June 2014, 15:10   #107
BHPian

Hello!

Update on the car :
After filling to the brim with fuel on Friday, I have driven just over 100 km, all of which was in the worst possible city conditions (Bannerghatta Road) .
The fuel gauge has just come under the F mark. I shall tank up again asap and check the mileage.

Hopefully, changing the air filter has had a positive effect on the mileage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Good news finally. Do you have access to any COCO pumps? If so, try it for the next couple of times - might help you.
Hey SnF,

Do you know any COCO pumps near Marathahalli? I have been looking through the forum and the web to find one, but my efforts have been in wain!
Old 2nd June 2014, 16:06   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...Do you know any COCO pumps near Marathahalli? I have been looking through the forum and the web to find one, but my efforts have been in wain!
I know one on Airport road (HP After you cross Leela Palace - on the opposite side) and one near Jayadeva flyover (IOC before you hit Jayadeva flyover when you come from Silk board) but nothing near Marathahalli. Some one else on the forum could help please?

Edit:: Hope you have gone thru this thread. https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/banga...galore-58.html (Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore)

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 2nd June 2014 at 16:09.
Old 2nd June 2014, 17:11   #109
BHPian

Quote:
I know one on Airport road (HP After you cross Leela Palace - on the opposite side) and one near Jayadeva flyover (IOC before you hit Jayadeva flyover when you come from Silk board) but nothing near Marathahalli. Some one else on the forum could help please?

Edit:: Hope you have gone thru this thread. https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/banga...galore-58.html (Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore)
Hey SnF,

I did go through that thread a few times, but I was unable to find any near Marathahalli. I'll try the one after Leela palace. I'll probably try a Shell (there is one on Vathur Road) full tank also at some point in the near future.
I normally use the IOC one on Old Airport Road, just before the turn into Reuters. So far, seems like an OK pump, except for the low mileage. I want to check other pumps to confirm this.
Old 6th June 2014, 12:00   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Just a wild thought! Have you checked the entire fuel lines for any leakage?
Old 6th June 2014, 12:20   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Just a wild thought! Have you checked the entire fuel lines for any leakage?
Hey buddy,

I haven't checked per se, but if there was, wouldn't it leak even when he car is stopped? I have left my car untouched for 3-4 days at a stretch recently, and there was almost no change in the fuel gauge reading.

DDiSLover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2014, 12:24   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey buddy,

I haven't checked per se, but if there was, wouldn't it leak even when he car is stopped? I have left my car untouched for 3-4 days at a stretch recently, and there was almost no change in the fuel gauge reading.

Switch ON the engine and check.Quite possible that the leakage occurs once the fuel lines get pressurised.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2014, 13:02   #113
BHPian

@DDiSLover

I too have a Swift D that is about 7years and 83K KM old. I drive almost 80KM/day - 80% city traffic and 20% on comparatively less congested road. I get about 17KMPL (averaged throughout the year). 15KMPL in the hottest summer with full AC and ~19KMPL in the winters.

I would suggest to do an Italian tuneup once in a month i,e revving the engine to around 4000 RPM for around a minute. For this find a open road and stick to lower gears to keep the speed inside 80-100.

Also, try a injector cleaner. I've used this and found quite good result. There is also a long thread in another forum where members vouched for this product (google with "Diesel Injector Cleaning Additives india"and you'll find the thread).
http://www.snapdeal.com/product/abro...ner-354/246783
When your tank is near to empty dump a bottle of the above and fill up the tank with normal diesel.
Old 6th June 2014, 15:54   #114
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
...When your tank is near to empty dump a bottle of the above and fill up the tank with normal diesel.
Is that all? Sounds quite simple.

1. Could you tell me what are the differences you managed after this?
2. When was the first time you did it and
3. What's the interval at which this is suggested?
Old 6th June 2014, 16:21   #115
BHPian

Quote:

I did it at 60K KM first and then at 70K KM. If your injectors are clogged then you will feel marked difference. I got good improvement in NVH levels. Some people with newer cars didn't observe any difference. But will not harm you.
archat68 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2014, 17:51   #116
Senior - BHPian

I got my car from the 95 thousand kilometer service yesterday, I asked them to clean the intercooler but he wrote EGR valve too along with it which I did not check while receiving the yellow slip. I let it pass when I got the bill as this was the first time I was getting my EGR cleaned in 95 thousand kilometers. The doors were all serviced and the car has become quieter when it comes to the rattles. The injectors have never been cleaned and I intend to not clean them until I see symptoms.

New brake fluid, new coolant, new handbrake cable and all of what is mentioned above.

Gearbox oil was changed at 90, so we did not touch that. Engine oil was changed at 92 thousand so that was left alone too. Air filter too I had changed at 90 thousand so that was new. Fuel filter was cleaned of water. That usually makes the kad kad kad kad sound at low RPM vanish and it did.

A reasonable bill of Rs 7500 and I was good to go. Car feels as quite as an empty room at idle now. The low end torque has gone up. At 1500 rpm in 5th gear, a jab on the throttle gets me a response with a spike in speed at a much faster rate than it did before, engine revv'ness has gone up too. I did a 90 in 3rd gear and did not even realize.

IN short loving it. Navneet Motors is GOD when it comes to making a car straight and pretty reasonable too.
humyum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2014, 18:54   #117
BANNED

Quote:

• Just take that bottle of additive and add it to the tank when it is nearing empty/before you fill-in diesel;
  • Go to the bunk and do a full tank, drive around normally,
  • Once the tank is empty, fill in diesel again. Things will get a bit better.

The additive is advised to be used after run-in i.e 10K. I'll be using it after clocking 20K kms (Currently at 15K)

The additive should be used with two full tanks.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 6th June 2014 at 18:57.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2014, 19:25   #118
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
...The additive should be used with two full tanks...
I do NOT understand this part. Did you mean to say that the entire bottle of the additive should be used in 2 full tanks (50% each) or something else?
Old 6th June 2014, 19:33   #119
BANNED

Quote:

I do NOT understand this part. Did you mean to say that the entire bottle of the additive should be used in 2 full tanks (50% each) or something else?
Sorry to not put it correctly.

The additive needs around 50-60 lts diesel i.e two full tanks to work properly and reach out. The whole bottle must be poured in.

Recommended usage is every 2000 kms.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2014, 10:31   #120
BHPian

Hey guys,

Apologies for the long silence. Work has been keeping me busy.

Anyway, I am still getting a mileage of around 12kmpl in the city. I guess there is nothing much I can do now, and I will have to live with it. I am driving to chennai this weekend and I will check the mileage I get on the highway and report!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks