Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2023, 16:18   #196

Re: My 2014 Toyota Corolla Altis VL S-CVTi: A Detailed Review

I have a preowned Corolla Altis VL Petrol CVT 2014 bought in Dec 2017. It has hardly run 15,000 km's in nearly 6 years after I bought it. First 2 years I was abroad and next 2 years we hardly went out due to Covid. I replaced the oem tires with Michelin in end 2019. Also replaced battery twice.

Met with an accident in March 2020 due to a cow barging across the highway. The repair cost was Rs 1.9 lacs Lanson Toyota chennai. I could claim only 1 lac from insurance. Front headlights, bumper, grill, bonnet and one front side body panel needed to be replaced. They did a good job.

Otherwise I have enjoyed owning the car. Today I have sent the car for annual service. Around 14,000/-. AC cooling is not good since last few days. The gas pressure is low. This will mean additional service cost. Never had any breakdowns. Done trips to Yelagiri, Thirumala, Bhadrachalam, Guruvayoor, Hosur in the last 4 years. Build quality is excellent. Comfortable seats and excellent ride quality. Noise level is well contained. Michelin tires also helping.

Sad they discontinued Corolla in India. My previous car also was a Corolla 2003 Petrol automatic top variant bought it in 2008 and sold in end 2017. Both cars were certified preowned from Toyota. My dilemma is which car to replace my aging 2014 Corolla.
Old 5th January 2024, 11:57   #197
Senior - BHPian

Re: My 2014 Toyota Corolla Altis VL S-CVTi: A Detailed Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padmesh View Post

Sad they discontinued Corolla in India. My previous car also was a Corolla 2003 Petrol automatic top variant bought it in 2008 and sold in end 2017. Both cars were certified preowned from Toyota. My dilemma is which car to replace my aging 2014 Corolla.
Exactly my thoughts. I bought a pre-owned 2014 Corolla in 2019 and have nothing to even nit-pick. Would have gone for new generation corolla if Toyota launches the same (or even the corolla cross considering our SUV crazy market) but I doubt Toyota will be able to price it below the already expensive hycross.

I found that in Indonesia, we have both hycross as well as corolla and hycross happens to be cheaper by few lakhs. During my recent test drives of hycross, I found my old corolla to be better put together and having better quality interiors than brand new hycross. So I doubt Toyota will be able to launch corolla/cross at a price point below that of hycross and I also doubt there will be any takers for Corolla in our market at 30+ lakh price point(See what happened to octavia).

PS: I have booked hycross, purely because of the long waiting period and I dont mind waiting as long as I can. did not find any other alternative to corolla below 30 lakhs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks