Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2022, 11:52   #391
BHPian

Re: My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A comprehensive review

Hey Pajero fam! I am on the fence exploring Pajero AT 4x4 in Bangalore. I have read through this post and am getting a fair confidence of taking the plunge if I get my hands on the good car. I think all ATs that were sold in India are 4x2's only. Is that correct?

Overall I know it is a well built car that can take the abuse and last long. I am looking to keep it atleast 7-10 years like I normally do with my cars. The car would be used primarily in the city for the weekend vacation runs and 4x4 trails as time allows it

I am currently searching the used car marketplace for good examples that I can explore. All the sites (Carwale, Cardekho, cartrade and olx) have the same examples listed across all the platforms. Maybe they are all used car dealer vehicles. Are there any other forums I can explore (I constantly look the classifieds section here!)

I have a few questions though:

1. What would be the average annual maintenance cost for 5-7 year old car? Would it be under 30k per year. I am assuming general service once a year?

2. All the cars I see are only BSIV. In Bangalore if I buy a BSIV vehicle would it have any repercussions?

3. Can I have some references of a good mechanic who can help me to evaluate the car should I need and what would be the charge / fees one has to keep in mind

4. Do we get detailed service history of these vehicles as Mitsubishi is not present anymore? I understand as of today, there is no shortage of parts from established service centers.

5. The price point ranges from 15L to 22L based on the year of manufacture. I know there will be negotiations involved, what would be the ideal price range for me to pursue.

Last edited by diwakarmuthu : 30th August 2022 at 12:12. Reason: Had missed one point, didn't want to create a new post
diwakarmuthu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2022, 18:28   #392
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwakarmuthu View Post
Hey Pajero fam! I am on the fence exploring Pajero AT 4x4 in Bangalore. I have read through this post and am getting a fair confidence of taking the plunge if I get my hands on the good car....
While I'll let owners answer in detail, one shocking finding for me is the parts cost of the Sports. A garage who recently serviced the clutch mentioned a 1.25L or so - parts can be procured in a week's time tops is what I was told.

The general feedback is that the parts are expensive though reliability is good.
Old 8th September 2022, 16:33   #393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwakarmuthu View Post
Hey Pajero fam! I am on the fence exploring Pajero AT 4x4 in Bangalore. I have read through this post and am getting a fair confidence of taking the plunge if I get my hands on the good car. I think all ATs that were sold in India are 4x2's only. Is that correct?

Yes. This correct.All automatics sold in India are 4x2 only. But if 4x2 AT is what you're looking at, then there are many other options in the market. Wouldn't really recommend the Pajero for such usage unless you are a hardcore Mitsubishi fan or just want a Pajero.
Quote:
Overall I know it is a well built car that can take the abuse and last long. I am looking to keep it atleast 7-10 years like I normally do with my cars. The car would be used primarily in the city for the weekend vacation runs and 4x4 trails as time allows it
Well-built:YES. Won't recommend the Pajero for heavy city use. And no 4x4 in AT so no off road either. I think the AT 4X2 was simply launched as a competition to Fortuner 4x2 AT and to have an AT option. To truly experience the Pajero, 4x4 MT it is if you ask me.

Quote:
I am currently searching the used car marketplace for good examples that I can explore. All the sites (Carwale, Cardekho, cartrade and olx) have the same examples listed across all the platforms. Maybe they are all used car dealer vehicles. Are there any other forums I can explore (I constantly look the classifieds section here!)
Only dealers use these sites these days. Try FB market place and FB pages for a few posts by owners

Quote:
I have a few questions though:

1. What would be the average annual maintenance cost for 5-7 year old car? Would it be under 30k per year. I am assuming general service once a year?
Yes. 30k is the ballpark

Quote:
2. All the cars I see are only BSIV. In Bangalore if I buy a BSIV vehicle would it have any repercussions?
Can't really give any assurance regarding this. Govt can change its mind anytime. Especially the current administration is hell bent on kicking diesels off the road.
Quote:
3. Can I have some references of a good mechanic who can help me to evaluate the car should I need and what would be the charge / fees one has to keep in mind
I recommend Yes motors Bosch service centre in Whitefield.

Quote:
4. Do we get detailed service history of these vehicles as Mitsubishi is not present anymore? I understand as of today, there is no shortage of parts from established service centers.
Yes. If vehicle is maintained at SVR motors then you can. But, they give out the details only to owners. So, make sure the owner gives this info to you. If they or dealer is not willing then just walk away. 99/100 cars with the dealers are tampered in the used car maket.

Quote:
5. The price point ranges from 15L to 22L based on the year of manufacture. I know there will be negotiations involved, what would be the ideal price range for me to pursue.
That's a tad bit too high. But, I guess ATs are newer models and command a high price. Anyway there's lots of room and time for negotiation as the demand for Pajeros is extremely weak.

As a suggestion: If you want to enjoy 4x4 AT then why not go for the old Endeavour? It's a solid, really VFM SUV that you can get for dirt cheap price. Perfect tourer automatic which is very capable off road. It'll even be easy to maintain as the car sold really well in India. Or stretch your budget a bit and go for the newer model used Endeavor or a Fortuner 4x4 AT.

Last edited by Rehaan : 11th September 2022 at 16:26. Reason: Please use the QUOTE tag for quoted text, rather than making your replies bold :)
sdubey23 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th September 2022, 11:00   #394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdubey23 View Post
As a suggestion: If you want to enjoy 4x4 AT then why not go for the old Endeavour? It's a solid, really VFM SUV that you can get for dirt cheap price. Perfect tourer automatic which is very capable off road. It'll even be easy to maintain as the car sold really well in India. Or stretch your budget a bit and go for the newer model used Endeavor or a Fortuner 4x4 AT.
Thanks for the detailed reply @sdubey23. Much appreciated. I continue to explore the options available for Endeavor and Fortuner. In Bangalore the prices are touching upwards of 30L for used Endys and Fortuners.

For example, 2017 or 2018 Fortuner prices are ranging from 35-38L with more than 1 lakh km on the odo. Endy, I keep looking at them even now, though Ford will ensure spares availability, I expect them to become much more expensive after Ford's exit from India.

Other thought is not to think about the wait period for Scorpios and dip my money on a brand new one. Either way it is likely to be a year or so waiting period, maybe M&M may sort out the initial niggles by then.

Not much of options in this space too

Last edited by Aditya : 12th September 2022 at 08:20. Reason: Quoted text fixed
Old 29th September 2022, 13:12   #395

Hi everyone, I too have been researching quite a lot about used Pajero Sports as I am contemplating my next car purchase and there are a few good examples available in the used market in MH.

I have previously owned the Ford Endeavor 2011 4x2 AT and although that car was fun to drive and own there were some shortcomings with regards to the suspension being too bouncy and the second row seat being too low ( seating position being knees up) and it was uncomfortable for my family in the rear seats. Is the pajero better in these regards? specially the second row seat, is it comfortable over long distances as this car will be used for road trips and airport trips with full load. Surprisingly All the old reviews of Autocar or other channels on youtube dont really explore the rear seating at all.

Thanks
Old 2nd October 2022, 11:07   #396

I have a PS 4x2, 2015 model. I have done long distance trips of upto 700 kms in a day with family of 5 adults. The rear seat is pretty comfortable with a lot of leg room and under-thigh support. As far as bouncy ride goes, Pajero Sport's and Endeavour would rate similar in this aspect with medium body roll. Fortuner is way below. Surprisingly I found the Isuzu MUX to be really good in this aspect. You might want to check out if they are available. Good luck with your car hunt.
harishnavuluru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2022, 12:18   #397
BHPian

Hi all, I am in the market to upgrade my Pajero Sport's HU. Would like to get something which has Android and Apple car play, among other things. Someone recommend CIRCUITi, not sure if that is the best. Please share any insights folks might have. Thanks.
Old 27th March 2023, 18:06   #398

A Pillar grab handles & crusie control - Pajero sport

I am looking for grab handles for A-pillar for Pajero sport , since without it getting IN/OUT of the vehicle is very difficult. Apart from this i am looking for cruise control set up for Pajero sport. If anyone can guide me from where i could get these it would be really helpful.
My Pajero sport is automatic 2015 model.

MODS: If the thread should be part of some other forum kindly move it accordingly.
Old 6th September 2023, 08:43   #399
BHPian

I was checking out Pajerosports in the used market. Nothing comes close to what this SUV offers at the price point it is at now. The fortuners of the same vintage will be easier to service, because newer generations/facelifts are available, makes the older ones less desirable. Pajerosport will in that sense remain evergreen as we don’t see the newer generations here.
I was checking out 2, 2015 AT models in particular as these were well maintained with records from menons mistubishi in Ernakulam.
One has done 1.2 lac kms and all the major 1 lac km service done. It’s looks in top shape too. Only thing I found was there was a noise(?compressor) similar to an old fridge working when the rear ac is switched on. Also while creeping without any accelerator in put the vehicle stopped moving and needed accelerator input to get moving again. Was this because of any slight gradient/ or brakes applied, I am not sure. Is it some feature or something that’s need looking into? I am new to Pajerosport and fairly new to automatics and diesels in general.

The 2 nd one is at 58k kms. It has some bubbling in the paint at the right door and bonnet. Small patches but will need a touch up. No other rust issues.
Both are second owner and with them now. Asking around 13 lac after negotiating. Is the price fair? Also any input on the 1st one will be greatly appreciated.
Drpaul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2024, 22:04   #400
BHPian

I was hunting for a clean Pajero Sport for quite sometime. Have located a car in Gurgaon which appears to be well maintained. Does anyone here know of any competent mechanic/workshop in Gurgaon whom I can rely on for a thorough pre-purchase inspection?
Old 19th February 2024, 13:36   #401

Hello everyone, my Pajero Sport is now into its 9th year with us. Have to face up to the reality that I will soon need to part ways with it due to the "10 year rule" applicable in the NCR.

Before posting on the classifieds, I would request members to please share some inputs on:-
a) Any possibility of retaining it?
b) If I am to sell, whats the best way to go about it ?

thank you,

regards
Rahul
Old 16th March 2024, 00:52   #402

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drpaul View Post
I was checking out Pajerosports in the used market. Nothing comes close to what this SUV offers at the price point it is at now. The fortuners of the same vintage will be easier to service, because newer generations/facelifts are available, makes the older ones less desirable. Pajerosport will in that sense remain evergreen as we don’t see the newer generations here.
I was checking out 2, 2015 AT models in particular as these were well maintained with records from menons mistubishi in Ernakulam.
One has done 1.2 lac kms and all the major 1 lac km service done. It’s looks in top shape too. Only thing I found was there was a noise(?compressor) similar to an old fridge working when the rear ac is switched on. Also while creeping without any accelerator in put the vehicle stopped moving and needed accelerator input to get moving again. Was this because of any slight gradient/ or brakes applied, I am not sure. Is it some feature or something that’s need looking into? I am new to Pajerosport and fairly new to automatics and diesels in general.

The 2 nd one is at 58k kms. It has some bubbling in the paint at the right door and bonnet. Small patches but will need a touch up. No other rust issues.
Both are second owner and with them now. Asking around 13 lac after negotiating. Is the price fair? Also any input on the 1st one will be greatly appreciated.
Yes i think its totally a fair pricing . The only other choices you have are toyota fortuner AT and ford endeavour AT both has a market value of nearly 30 lakhs here in kerala. so in this price range its a good deal .
Ps: you have to go for the first one because I already bought that 2nd PS
Attached Thumbnails
My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A comprehensive review-img_8812.jpeg  

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A comprehensive review-img_8209.jpeg  

Kinnan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2024, 16:45   #403

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul27d View Post
Hello everyone, my Pajero Sport is now into its 9th year with us. Have to face up to the reality that I will soon need to part ways with it due to the "10 year rule" applicable in the NCR.

Before posting on the classifieds, I would request members to please share some inputs on:-
a) Any possibility of retaining it?
b) If I am to sell, whats the best way to go about it ?

thank you,

regards
Rahul
Hi Rahul,
I might be interested in your vehicle. Kindly reach out to me on shiwammalhotra1@gmail.com and we can discuss further.
Thank you.
Old 12th April 2024, 13:06   #404

Hi Rahul,
I am also interested in acquiring a well-maintained Pajero Sports. Should your arrangement with Mr. Shiwam not materialize, please don't hesitate to reach out to me at renjithimdr@gmail.com. I've encountered several models thus far, but none have persuaded me to take the plunge.
I'm considering the Pajero Sports as a comfortable mode of transportation for passengers and intend to consult fellow members regarding its suitability as a replacement for my 2015 manual Innova.
Thanks,
Renjith G Nair

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks