Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2015, 12:13   #106
BHPian

re: Sheel's Mahindra Scorpio S10 4WD. 1,10,000 kms completed.

Congrats Sheel, although belated. This is a great thread. The new Scorpio 4WD seems quite a good SUV. Thanks for the continuing update. I'm still curious as to what the max comfortable cruising speed is on a uninterrupted run on a good highway? Thanks again for the great review.
Old 25th July 2015, 10:22   #107
Senior - BHPian

Just had a word with Sheel. He has just had the greatest joy delivered to him and his family in the form of a beautiful baby girl. He'll take a while returning here. Congrats Sheel!!
navpreet318 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th July 2015, 17:46   #108
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLOCT View Post
I'm still curious as to what the max comfortable cruising speed is on a uninterrupted run on a good highway?
The Scorpio, right from its CRDe days, has been a comfy cruiser at 120-130kmph on the highway all day long without any fatigue whatsoever.

At 2,70,000km under his belt Hariya (My CRDe) would do this with aplomb every time it was required.
n.devdath is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 09:30   #109
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
How is the car keeping up with the onslaught of monsoons? Also any squeaks, sounds, vibrations from the vehicle? Like suspension, chassis, body, plastic parts?
What tires are stock with the vehicle? Adequate?
Some squeaks from seats, the last row or the captain, I am not sure. And because its art leather seat covers have arrived, I am not paying much attention either. They would anyways be taken off, bucket fitted & then retorqued.

Car is doing great, close to 9,500 kms. And its ride is very susceptible to overinflation of tires. You would know someone has filled more air. No issues with any electronics or any other parts as yet.

Glovebox rattle is a hit or miss, the glovebox itself doesn't rattle, but contents inside which doesn't happen in other cars I drive.

The only sore point which sometimes [yes, strangely] sticks out is braking. Sometimes, its just perfect but yesterday when that stupid Dzire driver tried to venture on the road despite flashing & tweeting from Hellas, I had to release B pedal & brake again.

I usually cruise between the 90/100 mark and without trying happen to be the faster vehicle, road irregularities disappear, HCV's give way. Joys of Scorpio.

OE tire is Bridgestone Dueler H/T, the one which came with XUV. Good tires for my needs.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 09:42   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
The only sore point which sometimes [yes, strangely] sticks out is braking. Sometimes, its just perfect but yesterday when that stupid Dzire driver tried to venture on the road despite flashing & tweeting from Hellas, I had to release B pedal & brake again.
Could you please elaborate on why you had to release and re-apply the brakes?
Old 3rd August 2015, 09:44   #111
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
Could you please elaborate on why you had to release and re-apply the brakes?
There wasn't much braking when when I first applied the brakes. Had to do it the old way.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 09:50   #112
BHPian

Thanks. Am puzzled as to why this should be so. Should this not be checked for being a safety issue?
Old 3rd August 2015, 09:50   #113
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The only sore point which sometimes [yes, strangely] sticks out is braking.
I also had same issue plaguing my Thar for a while, a complete flush of brake fluid, clean up of brakes and adjustment of rear pads seems to have set it right. Have done about 2000 kms after this and brakes seems to be holding now.

So a brake bleed and rear pad setting may be a good idea to sort this issue out (needing double pedal).
Jaggu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th August 2015, 11:13   #114
BHPian

The Displayed fuel economy on the MID scorpio 4X4 new is way off the actual economy. I also have a Black S10 4X4 about 2 months old. The MID display shows 13 to 14 KMPL but I happen to do Tank full to Tank full mileage and it has vever been above 10.5 KMPL this includes highway driving
Old 17th August 2015, 11:38   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
New feature discovered in infotainment.

Have you been able to figure out a way to record trips and download trip logs from the navigator?
Old 26th August 2015, 10:21   #116
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by skler View Post
The Displayed fuel economy on the MID scorpio 4X4 new is way off the actual economy. I also have a Black S10 4X4 about 2 months old. The MID display shows 13 to 14 KMPL but I happen to do Tank full to Tank full mileage and it has vever been above 10.5 KMPL this includes highway driving
Patna to Purnia and back gave 10/11 kmpl. This is on a single lane highway with traffic. Else on dual carriageways it does give ~14kmpl @ 90kmph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joybhowmik View Post

Have you been able to figure out a way to record trips and download trip logs from the navigator?
No. It had put a blank pen-drive but nothing happened. Will try again & if something happens, will update.

Car went for its 2nd service & got all its lubricants replaced. Is humming fine & as intended.
Old 29th August 2015, 21:52   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No. It had put a blank pen-drive but nothing happened. Will try again & if something happens, will update.
Quote:
Source: Page 1-5 of the Owner's manual
Please refer the Audio/Infotainment manual available in the manual pouch for
details regarding;
• Audio/Video functions
• Bluetooth functions
• Navigation (if equipped)
• Map upgradation details
By any chance did you get this separate booklet - and does it answer the question? I could not find this manual available for download at mahindrascorpio.com
Old 29th August 2015, 22:54   #118
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by joybhowmik View Post
By any chance did you get this separate booklet - and does it answer the question? I could not find this manual available for download at mahindrascorpio.com
No. I did not find any separate booklet for the infotainment system and I believe, this was really needed. It was hard time learning/knowing all the functions.
Old 31st August 2015, 07:35   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Car went for its 2nd service & got all its lubricants replaced. Is humming fine & as intended.
It'll be great if you could document the expenses for this service.

I'm hoping to get a TD of the AT today.
Old 31st August 2015, 11:58   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No. I did not find any separate booklet for the infotainment system and I believe, this was really needed. It was hard time learning/knowing all the functions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManuMacher View Post
Sheel, Can you illustrate the difference. I do have the XUV manual and i do not find much difference. Attaching the same for your reference.

//MM
Are the screens in the Scorpio navigation system different from those described in the XUV infotainment manual?

BTW - I missed the navigation system on the S10's TD. But, If the sales guy who spoke with me is to be believed, then it's a standard MMI system (without the screen). If so, the trip logs may be stored in an SD Card, within the MMI unit, together with the GPS software program.

If I put two and two together, although the infotainment system appears to be "integrated", it's possible that the navigation component software may still be stand-alone as software integration of MMI GPS software with Mahindra OEM software may be missing. That may explain the instance that when you inserted a blank pen-drive, the infotainment system did not save the trip log into it.

From memory (I have MMI installed in my Innova as an aftermarket unit) - the trip log may get saved in the Navi\GPSLog folder of the SD Card as files named so: GPSLogYYYY-MM-DD_HH-MM-SS.BIN where-YYYY is the 4 digit year etc.

These BIN files are the raw GPS tracks, and the MMI software can "convert" these to the more usable .KML files. There is an option for this in the GPS Logs menu of MMI "Convert to KML". One looses altitude information through this conversion though.

Now back to the Scorpio, I am not sure if the infotainment system exposes this SD Card for easy removal. There is no SD Card slot available on the Scorpio's dash.

One way to find out the SD card slot would be to take the infotainment system out from the dashboard, and check. If not easily accessible even then, then perhaps one may need to open the infotainment system up, and look for something like this black box shown here.
Image credit: Map My India
Sheel's Mahindra Scorpio S10 4WD. 1,10,000 kms completed.-bx200_gal.jpg

It's also possible that no SD Card slot may be available on the GPS unit. That is, there may be a shared storage for both the GPS and the rest of the functions. Its likely this storage may be in a different location, and one needs to look for it. The reason for this possibility is that, apparently the infotainment unit can be flashed by connecting the system by USB to a PC running Mahindra's software at the workshop.

BTW - I have written to corporate H.O. and asked them to provide an e-copy of the Scorpio manual.
Let's see what happens, if and when they respond. However, based on a reading of the XUV 500 infotainment manual ^^^ , it's unlikely that it will contain detailed instructions about saving a trip log.

Hence we may have to do resort to some other jugaad .

Mods - please merge this post to #121 as these are back to back.

Sheel : If you could try this - and let us know...

Using a standard USB cable (male to male) connect your laptop to the infotainment unit without powering it on first ,and then by powering it on (ACC). If my hunch on shared storage is correct - then this may show up as an extra drive on your laptop's file system.

It may be possible to browse this as you would do normally. Hence, you may come across the GPSLog folder. If so, there's your Jugaad.

Try it and let us all know.

Last edited by Zappo : 31st August 2015 at 13:26. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Thanks for letting us know...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks